1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

USA Today: suns plan to offer max to capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 10, 2018.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Embiid is older than Capela. Have you seen evolution Capela has made from last season to this season?

ReignSupreme likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Capela is a max player, it's really that simple.

To do what he does at 23 yrs old, dude is already a star and gonna be a superstar if the stars align.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes, he's a system player. He's OUR system player.

With Harden and Paul on team, 5 creating his shot is overrated. KAT, Cousins and Dwight can also create their own shot, I'd rather have Clint.

Chemistry and fit matter.

seeingred and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

And Dream has said Clint has more in his tool box. Capela has not completed his evolution yet.

vince likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Embiid a wrong jump away from ending his career gimme a break.

Embiid got hit in the face in a contact players normally take every game and broke his orbital bone. It's always one freak injury after another and that's with a minute restriction and no back to backs wtf. Embiid will be lucky to still be playing 5 years from now and you think he is a superstar?

Yeah Capela is nowhere near Embiid, Capela is so much more valuable than Embiid. All that talent is worthless if you can't stay healthy.

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

You are not considering the CBA. This is not how things work. We have nothing to offer DAJ. We would only be able to get him in trade. He is not going from $24M to vet min. We are only getting LBJ or PG13 through trade. All other scenarios require us to gut the team.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Maybe Harden and Paul will take a little less in order to keep Clint. Or maybe Tilman will be willing to pay the tax. Or maybe we try to find someone to replace Clint. Other centers will be available for less.

saleem likes this.
  8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Will he be up for taking a little less?

Is it wise to match?
    If they beat gsw of course it is but if not then I’m unsure...

How much would DJ take?

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Does not matter.

Suns or whoever is going to give Capela the max this summer.

He is a young promising center that is already good and is getting even better.

No, he is never going to be a post up scorer but that is actually his strength. He knows his limitations and keeps improving at what is good at, finishing around the rim, making himself available around the rim, defending the paint, defending the pick and roll, rebounding.

Considering how many big scrubs get crazy contracts, a max for Capela is a no brainer.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Underrated aspect in all of this.......the chemistry and camarederie that Harden and CP3 have developed with him. I sincerely doubt those 2 guys are going to be ok with Clint leaving.

11. htownrocketman

The Rockets and mostly The Dream have invested so much time and effort on Capela. He will be a Rocket next season unless he is a big no show in this series against GS which I really doubt will happen. His ascension has been so dramatic in these playoffs that I highly expect him to dominate once again in this upcoming series.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This x1000

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What's the $$$ amount on a Max deal for Clint? After dealing with Ryan Anderson albatross contract im more hesitant to fork over top money for a 3rd option.

I still strongly believe any athletic big could do what Clint is doing .. how hard is to put away spoon fed buckets? Clint isn't taking 15 foot jumpers or working on the block, he's a clean up man who can play defense. 30 million per year for that?? I wouldn't.

saleem and mario_v like this.
  14. GageD

GageD Member

this cat is trying so hard to be a scoopster. he said the rockets weren't near the top of Joe Johnson's list and they were the only team he wanted or spoke with lmao.

D-rock and J.R. like this.
  15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

He wouldnt be half as good with the suns. I don't think this is true.

16. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I really don’t see Clint leaving. He loves being here and you can tell he genuinely loves this team.

rocketman84 and D-rock like this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Unless CP3 walks I find it unlikely Morey brings back an inferior team next season. He would likely either match Capela or if DJ is willing to take a pay cut, attach some picks to Rynos contract and work a SnT with LAC

#97 CCorn, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    ReignSupreme and saleem like this.
  18. mario_v

mario_v Member

Embiid is only a year older than Capela.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This won't effect Capela, or the rest of the team.

20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

If you look at Clint’s setup in Houston - it’s what’s made him who he is today. He gets to work with his mentor and basketball Idol Hakeem Olajuwon who is turning him to the defensive star that he is right now. He ain’t gonna get that kind of development anywhere else and he wouldn’t want too. Furthermore, he excels where he feels like he belongs. James, CP3, and Capela have great chemistry. One more off season with CP3 working with Capela will create more synchronicity. We have our big three people! We need another big on the bench that can play with CP3... hopefully Zhou Qi can be that this summer. We’ll be a monster defensive team after that. Maybe they can get Yao to mentor Qi. That would be sick!!!

D-rock likes this.