1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs fans in support of the Rockets...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tim Duncan, May 9, 2018.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Reported. Please ban.

2. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Keep an open mind. You may feel differently about your most hated team in a cpl weeks.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Thanks for the good luck OP, when it comes to the playoffs recently, i’ll even root for Dallas or OKC if it means beating the Warriors. At this point, it's not about rivalries anymore, it's about saving the NBA.

We’ll need all the energy we can take.

[​IMG]

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

WHAT did you say?

[​IMG]

Good fun man, no violence intended

DonKnock likes this.
  5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I live in Dallas and can confirm Houston is better.

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

A big spurs fan that loves to talk ish to me every year during the playoffs texted me this morning asking if he could watch Game 1 with me because he too desperately wants to see the Warriors lose.

Emtenndo, joshuaao, ribbit and 9 others like this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Rockets fans, show some class if you’re capable.

This person comes in respectful, supports the Rockets winning and you want to act like a bunch of A holes. Don’t we always welcome fans of other teams that come in here and want to just talk some ball? Let alone one showing support.

Yes the Spurs are a rival, but we aren’t playing the Spurs. Like it or not they’re a top notch organization and they have my respect as does OP.

Thank you, Tim. Appreciate the kind words.

Now let’s go out and handle business.

8. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, I can chime in.

F*ck you.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Stop cheering for the Rockets if you're going to voluntarily move to Dallas and think it's a much better city then Houston.

Perki-Perk likes this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Thanks to the OP for his support! :)

For those that wanna be shi**y to him because he's a Spurs fan... you have no class and give Houston fans a bad name - screw u - I for one am ashamed to have you as part of our fan base.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  11. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

**** DALLAS!!!! Houston........Austin............San Antonio.....................................................................................................................Da(nevermind)

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the support, OP! :cool:

Well said, mikol. Like you, I have respect for the organization in SA, and I have a huge amount of respect for Pop. That a relatively small market city like San Antonio has had one of the most successful teams in the league, with multiple championships (yes, it stings that they have more than we do, but we're working on that particular "problem"), speaks volumes. However, I despise Dallas and have all my life - they've always felt superior to Houston, the idiots, making no secret of it. The Mavs? I hate the Mavs.

My significant other has a lot of family in SA, including her brother, who has great season tickets (we get to use them for Rockets games sometimes), but she's a big fan of the Rockets. So I talk to Spurs fans in her family pretty often, and aside from some friendly kidding, it's always been civil. Her brother is sweating bullets right now, what with the myriad of uncertainties surrounding the team. My guess is that a long slide downhill is beginning for the Spurs, although I've thought that before and have been disappointed.

Anyway, thanks again for the good will, Tim Duncan. Gotta say that I'm so glad the inspiration for your moniker has retired! It was quite a relief, although I miss watching him play when it was against any team except the Rockets. We're going to take care of business in the WC Finals, in my opinion, and see if we can lay some revenge on that dirty, self-entitled pack of rodents for you. Free of charge!

BigMaloe, DonKnock, Patience and 2 others like this.
  13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sure Dallas is thrilled.

14. Tim Duncan

Tim Duncan Member

Thank you folks for the kind words.

I even understand the negative responses and harbor no negative feelings in return. We've been rivals for many years. To me--the rivalry is set aside--the Spurs are out and Houston is in.

To me--the Warriors are the enemy of every team. Their smug, arrogant attitude has grown wearisome over the years. And yes--like just about every other Spurs fan--the Zaza issue still lingers.

I will continue to support the Rockets throughout the playoffs. It would be great to see my friends in Houston celebrate another championship.

God bless you all--and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. My mom is very sick and elderly. I have a special place in my heart for the mothers out there.

Good luck in the playoffs...

--Tim

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It’s not just Spurs fans. It’s all humanity that must unite, against garbage human beings Draymond and Zaza and arrogant SOB’s Kerr Steph and Klay. Seriously how perfect must your life be to grow up kids of NBA players, rich and silver-spooned, never knowing what real desperation is, then simply turning natural talent into NBA all star berths, MVP titles and championship rings?! And they’re doing it through inherited out of this world hand eye coordination translated into the highest 3pt%’s ever. It’s like they have they cheat code to life.

Let’s knock em down a rung, for all the everymen who have to hustle out there.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Am I wierd but my second favorite city is Corpus?

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Not reported

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Dallas aka Arkansas West

linvetb6 and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

some of you guys need to get a ****ing life. He came here and was polite and respectful, even complimented our team.

Hope you guys figure the Kawhi stuff out. At the end of the day its entertainment, and I feel for vets that go out swinging everynight when young stars quit (hopefully its not that)

darksoul35 and Tim Duncan like this.
  20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

F*** DALLAS