1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Playoff Tickets Buying Strategy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deadlyc, May 9, 2018.

1. deadlyc

deadlyc Member

Guys,

I'm looking to go to the WCF Game 1 with a group of friends. May be around 10 tickets. I know that tickets officially go on sale until May 11 at 10 AM, but the tickets seems to be available at stubhubs, flashseats, etc.

Are these tickets from season ticket holders having first dip on the tickets?

Are the price of the tickets usually the same when they officially released. Probably a slim chance to buy them?

If you have any tickets buying strategy, please do share.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I buy the day of the game a couple of hours before the game starts...the price has usually dropped by then

for example, when tickets are 1st released, u might see them starting at $73, but the day of the game, you’ll see some starting at $55

tickets are consistently cheaper using Flashseats instead of SeatGeek

this has been my experience and is how I do things

Eddie Cecco and BigMaloe like this.
  3. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

But this is different, it is against the warriors. There's a lot of warriors fans in H-town. I would imagine they would go up this time and not down.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

**** those bandwagoners

hvic, BigMaloe, ThatGuyJoe and 7 others like this.
  5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

The best strategy is to be a rich man

6. gmartz

gmartz Member

Tickets are relatively cheaper day of, but this is a series against the Warriors. Tickets will always be more expensive. Best bet would be to try right when they go on sale to the general public. Don't know what the limit is, though.

7. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

FIFY

8. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Yea, the best prices will come the day before or game day, but because this is the Warriors I expect those tickets to be pretty mostly in singles or doubles, if you are trying to have 10 seated together, you definitely want to get them first thing on the 11th, or from another website.

9. lacejay

lacejay Member

It’s pretty rare to find a block of tickets that large together on a resale site. I’d call and talk to one of the ticket reps with the Rockets. You’ll pay face value but you’ll be sure to get your group as close together as possible.

10. tobster

tobster Member

Go to Stubhub and buy the ones in section 103... row 22 preferably ;)

11. deadlyc

deadlyc Member

I think we can only afford the 400's section. The 100's are way out of budget.

12. tobster

tobster Member

No I get it man... It's the nature of having a really good team at home and a really good team visiting. Hope you get lucky and get some tickets though!

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

THE TICKETS ARE NEVER SOLD OUT ON NBATICKETS.COM

NEVER? YEP!

AND THEY"RE NEVER FAKE!

14. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

Rockets.com now includes both tickets on sale from the Rockets and those from STH that are on Flashseats. The Rockets give the first buy opportunity to full season ticket holders, then to partial plan owners, then to members of the mailing list. The likelihood that you will be able to get a big chunk together after each of those groups has first dibs will be slim. I'd expect to pay around or above $200 each for upper level seats.

15. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

just checked Vividseats and seatgeek. The prices are not that big of different for 400 levels, maybe like 50 bucks. I was really expecting to spend 150 but now after fees they are around 250.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Best strategy: Be rich

Tfor3 likes this.
  18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

When you have a group of 10, that reduces your flexibility tremendously. No way he'd be able to find even 4 together waiting that long for a game like this. Best bet is to pull the trigger on something you see right now. Waiting with a party that big isn't going to work out well.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Or change your last name to "Anderson" - they always got tickets to the game!

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its getting hot outside. Open up lemonade stand. Make good lemonade. Accept Zelle. Perfect!

Ubiquitin likes this.