1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless and Shannon reacts to Rockets def Blazers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Mar 21, 2018.

1. macan

macan Member

skip baseless is well known rockets hater for life, ain't nothing new..

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Both sound r****ded as hell

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

SKIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!

BTW, those are all in one episode.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

This. Just watch yesterday’s segment on their predictions. They both had the blazers winning due to being at home but both said the rockets were a better team.

Instead of talking about how the rockets beat their own expectations and broke the streak Skip has to find ways to be contrarian and get views.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Whoever did this is a freaking genius!

mikol13, IvanLCPM, Air Canada and 9 others like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Zombie Nurkic is Back!!!

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I guess you didn't hear Derek Fisher and Nate Robinson on the TNT broadcast last night then

Deckard, Richie_Rich and hakeem94 like this.
  8. OTMax

OTMax Member

So Chris Paul is this crazy dirty player now? Hahaha :) you know they running grabbing at straws when they start to make up crazy things and try to create a narrative that has little substance.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

These dudes are ****

Please post more Mac kellyman and less skip brainless

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

im with bayless

until the Rockets show they can go to Portland and stop the Blazers win streak in game 6 vs San Antonio in 2017 WC semifinals...its really not impressive at all.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Here's all you need to know about Skip Bayless. When Westbrook gets triple doubles, he thinks they are the greatest thing ever. When LeBron gets triple doubles, he says it's statpadding.

Shannon Sharpe is as real as it gets though.

12. dwood21

dwood21 Member

Skip gonna Skip smh

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Skip is an idiot

14. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Skip is infuriating, but on some level I can appreciate the fact that he's at least pretty consistent with his takes. I mean, Max and SAS just decide whatever side they're going to be on in the day's pre-show meeting. Skip kind of sounds like he really believes this stuff.

What a tool, lol.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

16. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

"Harden disappeared down the stretch" LOL

RiceRockets and buffalobills!!! like this.
  17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I can't even watch commentators that dismiss the Rockets anymore. 23-1 over last 24 games, with a lot of wins over elite teams that nobody saw us winning as we have. Haters gonna hate. I'll tune in to those guys when it's time for them to eat crow.

I don't know if everyone in Houston was blacked out on TNT last night but I like the nationally broadcast games for a different/more objective take on our team. At first I was irked that TNT was blacked out (for me at least, on AT&T) but then I remembered how I'd sworn off TNT broadcasts after the last one because it drives me up a wall that Barkley and Shaq will find ANY reason to dismiss the Rockets and discuss anything BUT the game. And I settled in to watch on local TV and saw an incredibly exciting game unhampered by dismissive "Players Only" takes on our great team. And I am so sick of the phrase "players only" like I'm so sick of everything about TNT NBA coverage.

I would love to hear "players only" discuss the games and our team but they flat refuse to do it. I don't like our local commentators. I miss Bill Worrell and our local guys are too jokey for me and too in love with their own jokes. But at least they talk about the game.

It reminds me of how I used to watch with the sound off on my TV and the radio (and the great Gene Peterson) providing the play-by-play.

Screw the haters. Our team is concerned with our team and getting better so we can contend. Anyone that can't see the greatness of this team by now is only wasting my time. I'm open to constructive criticism and always think we can be better than we are. And TBH I shut off this video as soon as I heard Bayless talk for 2 minutes so maybe his criticism was constructive. It felt too much to me like another biased, anti-Rockets take based on old narratives that aren't true anymore.

This team refuses to lose. They have earned every sportscaster's respect and they deserve it. When someone hates on them I just change the channel.

rimrocker and Louka like this.
  18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Haha. I didn’t, the game was blacked out. It was definitely the worst inside the nba I’ve ever seen.

19. HookemHorns1250

I think everyone knows by now that Skip doesn’t truly believe what he’s saying, and just says them for the looks, or... he’s the biggest idiot to talk this earth. I’m not the biggest Lebrun fan, but Skip just takes that to a whole new level.

We could win the next 10 championships, and he’d still start the show with a game six comment.

20. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Lol, he says Blazers went on a run at the end and that Rockets let them back into the game and that is why they have no shot against Warriors but then talks about how the Thunder are the biggest threat even though the blew a big lead and lost to Boston yesterday, and that is a Boston team without Kyrie.

These people are paid to speculate and put out hot takes. None of this matters. There is no way one person can be an expert on all these sports that these guys have to be experts on...and they definitely don't follow most of the teams out there so there opinion on basketball means nothing to me. I follow shows like The Starters and The Jump since they follow basketball only.

buffalobills!!! likes this.