1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo for 3Mo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 28, 2018.

1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

You really didn't need to add anything else after this.

Deckard likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. chonox

chonox Member

Skill set and size wise have always been a fan of D-mo. Our inside scoring is rather lacking outside of alley-oops/dunks plus although he wasn't the most athletic I remember a stat showing D-mo having a significant impact on opposing players FG% on the defensive end. Was a big fan of D-mo until the contract situation. We can blame the agent but at the end of the day he agreed to it also.

He lost my support then, weak mentally and lost out on millions but still will probably argue today that he made the right choice. #femaletendencies

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Even if it is NOT DMo - if we can find a 3pt shooting center....oooooh baby!

He would just be super low risk and a rental for this season.

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

or a pointguard that can protect the rim

Nook and heypartner like this.
  6. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Cleveland owns their championship totally to DMo's buttsweat!:eek: Curry was not the same player after the injury.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Let's ask Ben Affleck . . .

Rocket River

Nook and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

DD do you know a good lawyer in the event DMo sues the Rockets for infringing his rights?

9. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here is the Cliff Notes version...

DMo and his agent thought he was worth a lot more than the Rockets or the rest of the league did. Hilarity ensued.

heypartner likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He did sue, and got paid already, they settled last year. He did screw up - but I guarantee he did not settle for low money, he got PAID....for his silence. Too bad it is not public record, folks might be madder than the Matt Maloney contract.

DD

11. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean Ryan Anderson?
    He plays some center.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's a bit sticky icky. Good point about size, but I'm fine without headaches. It's not like we're 7 deep in a 9 man rotation.

13. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

As long as he hits the ground sweaty and causes a slip again.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

When we shortened the 3pt line, Jordan was near 40% 3pt shooter.

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

https://pics.me.me/everybody-knows-you-never-go-full-r****d-28519518.png
    Glad to hear that DD! Because everybody knows....;)

Os Trigonum and Deckard like this.
  16. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Better than Tariq Black

hibbetts likes this.
  17. HardLin

HardLin Member

Couple key points, DMO and his agent had both a general miscalculation, and a specific miscalculation:

1. (General Miscalculation) - Nets were willing to pay DMO because they were under the min cap by roughly the amount they were willing to pay DMO, thus DMO was basically going to be of zero extra cost to the organization. There was pretty much zero risk for the Nets. However, the fact that they were willing to pay DMO inflated his expectations when dealing with the Rockets. If the Nets hadn't been in this position DMO may have been more reasonable in dealing with the Rockets.

2 (Specific Miscalculation) - DMO refused to take his physical, having passed the Net's physical, as a way to protest the lack of incentives in the matched contract, and perhaps because he was paranoid that the Rockets would try to fail him. However, this put him in breach of contract. What he may not have realized is that according to the CBA was this meant that he now couldn't go back to the Nets if things didn't work out with the Rockets (which they didn't). If he had taken the physical and failed, he would have automatically gone back to the Nets. The Nets and DMO both appealed to the NBA to make their original contract go through and the NBA denied them.

So I assume the lawsuit was based on this weird arbitrary rule in the CBA that kept DMO from going back to the Nets, when the Nets were still willing to take him.

nemac and heypartner like this.
  18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

8.5 Nets filed grievance about incentive term changes in second contract as not true matching and NBA agreed and nixed deal and DMo's RFA status that I think affected his rights as well. Essentially made it impossible for Rockets to make acceptable changes to deal. This is also after the failed trade to the Pistons due to the physical. I doubt his bad back will ever be right. Another wasted asset.

19. alethios

alethios Member

He knows his rights. Doubt DMo would ever play here again. That ship has sailed.

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD - I totally get where you're coming from. Many won't acknowledge , forget, or couldnt see the player he was becoming before the back injury. 7 footer that could run like a deer ..elite post game, a feel for the floor sees/passes/synergistic .....could bust from downtown. ..good position D.
    Anyway, that guy's gone...sad, but true..damaged goods..a shell.

Add on the confluence of events which concluded with a legal settlement.

Look, I was one of his biggest supporters, but don't see this ever happening. Cut the cord.

#60 Plowman, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Rashmon, Huricane, IvanLCPM and 3 others like this.