1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

When was the last time Chandler came off the bench? I'm not sure he would relish the role he would have here behind Capela, but he might relish winning. Dudley is good depth. Added together, the two will earn $23 million next season. Food for thought.

D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  2. JaceMan da SpaceMan

I no u not 4 talk 2 me crazy lik dat. Basketbol alcoholic can spell the future

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The groundwork is being laid. Who starts at the 4 tho with Ryno gone. Do we do always small ball or is Hartestein about to make the leap?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Morey has always been good at recognizing his mistakes and correcting them quickly.

DD

BaiHua, adw, s3ts and 2 others like this.
  5. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Yes, like when he found out Ariza couldn't dribble when he was here the first time and dumped him asap. #dumpryno

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I disagree, the reason he is such a liability out there is because he’s only doing one thing, and maybe being forced to restrict his game has shot his confidence especially if he’s being told by coaches to not play his game. If he can be himself he will be more consistent and open up the offense more for himself and have a bigger impact. If the rockets got the Ryno from those sick highlights in n.o then he is worth 20mil

7. ballscientist1

Current CBA rules: Teams can't trade picks more then 5 years out.

Rockets have 2020 and 2022 first round picks to pack with Anderson.

Can someone post several viable trade proposal?

It is required to trade Anderson for expiring contracts.

LeBron is coming. Dan Gilbert will do whatever it takes to prevent him from joining the Rockets.

s3ts and hakeem94 like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

only one thing?

he just won us a game vs Warriors with his defense and rebounding...

D-rock likes this.
  9. ballscientist1

how about this,

Rockets get Ed Davis and Iso Joe - both expiring

Jazz get Anderson and 2 Rockets future First picks

Blazers get Jerebko from Jazz

Cash or Filler if needed.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I don't know why Gilbert would be concerned with him joining the Rockets. I think he would want to not help if he tried to joint another eastern conference team

11. ballscientist1

His team value goes down significantly. Rockets have biggest threat to his team value.

Dan Gilbert will do whatever it takes to keep LeBron. He just can't lose both LeBron and Irving within 1 year.

Without Irving and LeBron, he is not willing to pay 60 million repeater tax each year. Any deal with Cavs is not viable.

If there is an Anderson's contract, there is no LeBron. Trade him!!

#471 ballscientist1, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

who said it will be during the season. this is to get anderson off of our books so we can make it happen during the offseason. there's thoughts in the rockets front office that it will be easier to unload anderson now than in the offseason

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

he doesn't even care if he goes to another eastern team. if Lebron makes his mind, Gilbert and his goons will do a SNT to get some assets back, which is what they did when Lebron left the first time for Miami. It was through a SNT

today likes this.
  14. ballscientist1

Heat have enough cap space to sign LeBron. That is why ...

Heat total salary is about 9 million at that time. Cap space is the key, the bigger the better.

I'd ever dump Gordon.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also, Ryno is a really nice guy to have against Draymond Green. Make Draymond stand 30 feet away from the action, as opposed to the crazy, disruptive, sagging defense he would put on us If it was PJ or Luc.

I would be interested in seeing Dudley as a PF in Mike D's system though.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is that code for kicking the can?

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. ballscientist1

C Barkley gets Vet Min from Rockets when he was 33. (1996)

Is there a chance that LeBron gets Vet Min from Rockets? You have only 2 choices, money or Champ?

18. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think @BimaThug hits the nail on the head right here.

if your end game is Lebron, your best bet is the Opt-in and you will need salaries to make the trade work (Anderson & EGo :( )

What I could see (and what i posted under the Random Trade thread) is the acquisition of players with the anticipation of acquiring Lebron this summer.

So you want cheap salaries who are small cap holds and likely to re-sign with only Houston or players with small salaries who signed for multiple years (and every team wants those players).

So I could see the Rockets acquiring Jerian Grant (CHI) or Spencer Dinwiddie (BRK) clutch your pearls @basketballholic had that one called, Tyreke Evans (MEM), & / or a Henry Ellenson (DET) or Mareese Speights (ORL) or Kyle O'Quinn (NYK) at the trade deadline. Any of those players would help this year's championship run (yeah... I said it) or next year's.

My thoughts are Dinwiddie has priced himself out of the Rox range (a 1st + a player).

So optimal trades would acquire Grant, Evans, & Speights.

Your 2018 - 2019 CHAMPION Rox
    Paul (re-signed) - Evans (re-signed) - Grant
    Harden
    - Green (re-signed) - Wade (FA)
    Ariza (re-signed) - Mbah a Moute (re-signed) - Hartenstein
    Lebron
    (trade) - Tucker - Qi
    Capela
    (re-signed) - Nene - Speights (re-signed)

yixiixiy, j@amc and D-rock like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

is there a chance you can stop posting

yixiixiy and adw like this.
  20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

well that's what the Rockets are doing, maneuvering so they have enough space to sign him if it happens