1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hornets put Kemba Walker on trade block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I take this as meaning the Knicks Hornets deal is on the two yard line

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Indiana makes a lot of sense and especially considerring they could and are probably willing to take on batums massive contract.

Indy out: bogdonavic, collison, jefferson, 1st (the better between okc and Indys)
    Indy in: kemba, batum

Charlotte out: kemba, batum
    Charlotte in: bogs, collison, Jefferson, 1st rd pick

For Indiana
    you seriously upgrade your surprise upstart team. Makes a great backcourt pairing. And while inconsistent and on a massive contract batum is also an upgrade. That give them a really good team to make a small run and they have youth and upside in their front court to pair with the backcourt that would appear locked in place for years to come.

For Charlotte
    it’s about as good as you can expect of a return. You get a 1st rd pick, albeit somewhere between 15-25, which is ok value. You shed one of your bad contracts, your longest in fact. Jefferson has a team option next year so that’s a huge cap relief. Much much better cap flexibility moving forward. Collison and bog will be valuable “veterans” eligible for trade in the summer or next deadline for added value especially considering they will be expiring contracts.

OTMax likes this.
  3. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Vivi likes this.
  4. the shark

the shark Member

Walker is 0-15 this season on game-tying or go-ahead shots in the final minute of the 4th QTR or OT.

The WORST of any player in the last 20 yrs.

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Damn... interesting stat.

I wonder if that is more random than anything tho? He will OBVIOUSLY have the ball and his team is absolute trash so defense can probably easily double team him, key in on him hardcore and force him to pass or into a very difficult shot.

15 isn’t a really large sample size. I imagine he is being forced to pass up those opportunities more so than not and the 15 misses are forced.

He’s not a great player but I think he is pretty good. He was known as being clutch in college where he had a better surrounding cast so this kind of sounds like statistical noise

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Very small sample size, dude was lights out during clutch time in college.

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. the shark

the shark Member

This is the NBA ........not college!!!

8. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Isn't PG-13 0 for 17 or something or did he finally hit a clutch shot this year?

9. the shark

the shark Member

Don't know Swiss.....just saw the stat on the NBA Network about Walker this morning.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I recall him being pretty clutch last year...

11. JaceMan da SpaceMan

I trade the Marcus cusin 4 kimbo walnut for my heart beeet