1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Something doesn't make sense. Who would want Ryan? And he's a big part of the rotation in terms of minutes. Obviously he has more trust than green. Why throw him away when you might need the depth and shooting in the playoffs? And again, what team would pay this guy $40 some million for the next couple of years???

2. basketballholic

No I don't.

Because this league never stops. It's a permanent roller coaster ride.

You read it here first. Dubs are trying to poach Demarcus. Rox need to beat then to the punch or have an effective counter.

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Morey like checkers man.

Darrel wants to get KINGED this off season.

D-rock likes this.
  4. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Scuse me mr basketbol alcoholic wut news has u hear from kiwi leonardo stantonio spur?

arabrocket, Snow Villiers and lnchan like this.
  5. basketballholic

N,o,t,h,I,n,g

D-rock likes this.
  6. JaceMan da SpaceMan

bilaal14 likes this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Can you morons stop replying to him/giving him attention? Jopat’s entite character is saying stupid things

arabrocket, ElPigto and lnchan like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Depends really. If they can move two guys doing nothing (with contracts totaling 20 million) for Anderson. Anderson could likely b productive somewhere else.

D-rock likes this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I will finally give you that Capela may be available. Rockets have been building up his stock all season.
    Reporting the Rockets turned down Capela for DeAndre Jordan was the right move and it makes it seem
    the Rockets value Capela greatly. To the point Capela is worth more than a $23 mil dollar player.

The Rockets may have their choice of possibly Tyson Chandler, Bogut or Brook Lopez
    This may make Capela expendable.

I don’t feel the Pelicans will trade Cousins or Davis. So I scratch that off your list...and chalk it
    up to “No Comment.”

Rockets could trade Capela/Ryan Anderson knowing they can pick up say someone like Nerlens Noel
    for about $4 mil or trade for O’Quinn. Center lineup could be Nerlens or O’Quinn/ Nene/.....Brook Lopez
    or Bogut or Tyson Chandler. Of course Morey would have a plan to pick up a Power Forward to go with
    the small ball PF’s we have.

Nerlens Noel or O’Quinn can walk this summer with the plan of playing Zhou Qi or Hartenstein at Center
    next season. Plan of course freeing up money now for LeBron this summer. Qi/Hartenstein would be cheap
    contracts. A lineup of CP3/ Harden/ Ariza/ LeBron/ .....would cover up most flaws that Qi or Hartenstein
    may have. Or the Rockets can sign a Center out of free agency on the cheap. One that blocks shots,
    rebounds and PnR lobs per the Rockets system.

I’m 50/50 on trading Capela: perfect for Rockets schemes; but Rockets could go cheaper the rest of this year
    and next season. Gives Rockets a chance of being under the hard cap and apron. I go with what Morey
    gives us.

D-rock and fba34 like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL trade cap & ra for nothing and hope lebron comes here

you're doing it wrong

build an attractive team for cp3, lebron or any other superstar and cp3 will sign for less and lebron or someone else will take a paycut to come here

#310 vlaurelio, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

been saying this all season

jazz get ryno / troy
    bulls get favors / nanu
    rockets get mirotic / joe johnson's ending contract

jazz could actually use ryno's shooting. he'd be a really good fit for them. troy replaces hood's minutes. bulls have to move mirotic and no one is giving a pick for him since they have no leverage. getting an ending contract of a borderline starter and a young prospect is a decent return. mirotic is the perfect fit for us. he's a better defender, better rebounder, and better scorer than ryno. he adds another player than can create their own offense, of which we have only 3 or 4. this summer jj's $10M comes off the books, and if needed, it would be easy to move mirotic's $12M going into the last year of the contract.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Jabari Parker...he can be had on the cheap. Offloading Anderson's contract is gonna take a pick.

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I was thinking using Ryan/Capela in trade for LeBron now. Then build around CP3/Harden/LeBron
    with guys bought out. Maybe a trade for backup PF (a smaller trade).

I would wait until summer. This is just a hypothetical of Morey saying he could move Ryan Anderson easier
    now rather than later. per cyberx

Verbal Christ and Beardaholic13 like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

lebron can't beat gsw last year with kyrie and love and the rest of his championship team

not sure if he's confident it can be done with himself and cp3 a year older and beard

if lebron and cp3 wants to beat gsw and win a ring, they'll need to take some sort of sacrifice cap wise

kwakmeister likes this.
  16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Who can Morey replace and sign in his spot at the deadline?

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Team wants better player to make team better.

Water is wet.

That's a real big scoop you got there basketballidiot.

Quit trying to stay in the spotlight - there's a reason no one is responding to your pathetic posts with any positivity.

This is a cyberx thread, no one cares to see your name anywhere near this.

Why not? likes this.
  18. Chamillionaire

I can't see us trading any of the top 4. Capella and Gordon are both too important for what we do.

D-rock likes this.
  19. threepointshot3

Cousins is a mental case who HATES Chris Paul.

Verbal Christ and D-rock like this.
  20. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Maybe the Suns are our trade partner
    Chandler + Dudley for Ryno + Black and Hartenstein.

I think Codman suggest a trade with the suns

Chandler and Dudley contracts are 1 more year garantee.

Sidarma and D-rock like this.