1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The W(why)TF did Trump do this? thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

Respectfully, I have to disagree with you. This is not about people suddenly caring about Haiti or Africa- this is about people hearing a President call another country a **** hole and (1) objecting to a President being foul; (2) denigrating an entire country (countries).

I have never visited Haiti. If someone came to me and said, "you know, Haiti is really a ****hole," I would think that was in bad taste. When I hear a President say this, I feel bad for those countries b/c the President's words carry a great deal of weight. It is not out of the ordinary for someone who knows nothing about Haiti to react with "wow, that's a terrible comment." That is not a fake reaction. It is a reaction based on just common decency, as in "there's no need to insult that country."

FranchiseBlade, edwardc and R0ckets03 like this.
  2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

You're right. It's not so much the word shithole he said. Everyone curses. It's how he used the word shithole. I'll give you a moment to grasp this concept.....

Trump used the word shithole, in making his point. That's the ****ing problem here; the ****ing point he was making. Thats what made it racist, not the word shithole. Why the **** we letting people in from shithole countries like El Salvador, Haiti, and Sudan? Why can't we have more people from NORWAY?

It's the the tone and context, not the word itself. A Klansman would say "why the **** we have so many Mexicans, Chinese, and N*****s in this country?"

Same exact tone.

Don't give me this economic BS spin. Trump and his base don't want educated, capable immigrants. Because they taking muh jobs. Trump and his base doesn't want poor immigrants either. They don't want any immigrants; but if there are going to be immigrants, they want them to be White. Like NORWAY. Lol

3. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

No. Stop all this Trump supporters are all kkk and racist or whatever.. Did we forget obama won twice? Listen America has an issue with illegal immigration because all of these third world countries have terrible living conditions and economic issues which is why people from those countries come here... hundreds of thousands of these immigrants are coming in illegally you can't put a bow on everyone and say they're perfect but people from Norway or Sweden or whatever these countries have education a moral way of being it's not the people it's the country and education system and economic system..you can't open your home to everyone who needs help

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Trump asked why do we need people from shithole places like Africa...

Africa... A continent that is currently providing us a pool of immigrants that have almost double the percentage of individuals who have a degree and professional skill than the average American citizen.

Your argument about Obama is silly and easily defeated .tell me, did Pakistan solve their women's rights issues? Because they had a female prime minister.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

the reaction to his words are not fake. but the over zealous, going out of their way, over zealous, approach to teach me or show me some awesome Haitians, or Africans, or how amazing Haiti is, etc.. that's fake ass overreaction. there wasn't anybody telling me last week how amazing Haiti is this time of the year.

7. ipaman

never has humanity needed sticks and stones more than today

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Number two...

9. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

We shouldn’t have to point this out. Over-the-top comments provoke strong reactions.

Your comments confuse me. Do you mean to tell me that if someone says, “Houston/ Texas is a cultural wasteland and does not produce worthwhile art,” it is fake to cite the works of Larry McMurtry, Wes Anderson, and ZZ Top as refutations to that erroneous claim? I do not think so.

10. ipaman

Who gives a ****, is my reaction to that someone. I love h-town and it's not because anybody convinced me.

11. Bagwellian

Bagwellian Member

That is an understandable defense. But you should also understand that people will naturally want to defend something or someone they feel is under attack. I do it with my Astros all the time. You can say all you want about just saying, "well, the heck with what the haters say," but I'd be inclined to defend them. It's a natural reaction.

Anyway, I completely understand what you're saying. It does get carried away when it involves President Trump. I wish that (1) he wouldn't inspire people to react this way with his outrageous statements, and (2) that we don't go overboard every time he utters something.

To be fair, I think this was a bit warranted. Other comments on his that were met with vitriol were certainly over-the-top and unnecessary.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I know, history has a partisan bias and is too sensitive...

Presidential historian: 'No president has been so racially insensitive' as Trump
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...acially-insensitive?__twitter_impression=true

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

History, science, mathematics, economics... all wings of the librul conspiracy.

Not so much "deep state" in this case as deep thinking. We must do away with the Deep Think.

mdrowe00 and edwardc like this.
  14. conquistador#11

From illegal immigrants carry 'tremendous contagious diseases"(2015) to "Rapists and I suppose some good people" (2016) to "Milkmen"(2017), I just might think my president devalues a group of people over the other. If only there was just a word to describe that... thinking cap on..

[​IMG]

only the best gifs!
    (stole it from another poster)

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Oh....Hi Mark

16. Buck Turgidson

You forgot literature, philosophy, art....

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Expand your horizons and travel to Norway and ask people how they view Trump. 95% of them will hate his guts. 70% of Americans already hate his guts. That number only rises as you leave the country.