1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pistons 1/6/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah and the sixers slaughtered the pistons last night

RyanB, Stormy1234 and RocketsTerps like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Next game against Bulls is a trap game. They are not as shitty as they seem. Wouldn't be surprised if they kill us and CF overreacts.

Stormy1234 and amaru like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

Can we all agree that this team needs the Beard?

RyanB, Remlap, vlaurelio and 3 others like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

really could use melo right now tbh

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

MDA with the tired legs excuse again. He needs to stfu and actually coach the games instead of hoping a player bails him out.

6. threepointshot3

Bulls are horrible. They had a little run but they are what they are garbage.Minny plays zero defense so i expect our team to shoot better and Portland is what they are hot and cold. If we cant beat those teams without Harden then this team is really bad without him so i have enough faith in Paul.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. threepointshot3

If you cant beat the bulls then CF has every right to react.

8. amaru

amaru Member

I thought we were thankful Melo wasn’t here. Ryno is a better fit right?

Ozzy, RoyalGuard and Mr. Space City like this.
  9. rockpileindisma

Where is all the anti harden r****d crew that is usually in here bumpin gums after a shitty loss?

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I might be wrong but the Bulls are playing better and winning some games lately...i agree that overall they're a bad team, but so were the Pistons tonight and they still slapped our ass...also, our problem looks more a physical problem right now, the Bulls are young and they have plenty of energy, we better get ready...

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I was at Church (Sunday Down here) and came home ready to watch my beloved Rockets, then I accidentally caught a glimpse of the score.

Someone please tell me what happened???

12. threepointshot3

Not Sure. Because i still believe and and CP3 can be special together

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

He's shooting a step or two further than accustomed to. You end up throwing the ball more than shooting it. They're moving him. He's a set shooter. Defenses are running at him, making him re-position himself. Some of that is throwing his shot off. He's not getting enough consistent shots. He'll get a shot and 5-8 shots later, they'll come back to him. He's not getting the rhythm. That's hurting him. - Calvin on Ryan

Mike:

Don't know if we're a tired team or what. Even starting the game, offense kinda flowed but only up 6. Intensity on defense wasn't there. Sometimes that comes from tired legs or whatever. (@Vivi) Gotta regroup & get ready for the next game.

3rd Q, reacted to shots not falling & let that carry over to other end?

It could. We try to tell them that shouldn't be that way but sometimes it does or the ball not quite moving right it affects you but championship teams it doesn't affect. We gotta get to that. Also, if we get stops, we get in transition. Everyone feeds off that. If you're not gonna guard, you're not gonna get the ball on offense. Ball will find energy.

3pt shooting woes, was that their defense & how much was missing good looks?

I have to look at the tape. I'm sure they guarded some & some we missed.

Our intensity on defense is almost like we'll see if they miss. Toward the end, we had energy but need it the whole game.

D-rock, adw and Vivi like this.
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

But we kept the GS game close for 3 quarters !!!!!

Cashmoney likes this.
  15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Fast break has all but disappeared.

We went from a top 5 defense to a bottom 5 defense since the winning streak.

Paul running the pnr doesn’t take the ball to the basket like Harden does. Offense just isn’t the same without Hardens threat.

Anderson is ****ing useless and Tucker hasn’t been much better.

Little Bit and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We lost.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Take this as you wish, my opinion is what it is but i had the feeling the Warriors weren't exactly playing their best defense the other day, sure, we probably give 100% since it was an important game, at home etc...hence we kept it close for three quarters but, eh...

RyanB likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you there. We already have given away so many of our young prospects for a few aging players who are more prone to injuries or need limited minutes. We could have used Harrell tonight with Nene missing again. He had 10 rebounds and 2 blocks against the Warriors. Sigh

RyanB likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

wow man, I’m shocked that you’d even consider something like that...I mean, Tobias and CP3 aren’t even in the same stratosphere

Are u being prisoner of the moment because Tobias just dropped 27 and 8 on us?

20. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Gordon and Paul = 11/23 FG. Ariza, Anderson and Green = 12/36 FG.

Green obv deserves a pass with how good he's been, but something is wrong with that picture. Paul and Gordon definitely should have been more assertive.