1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014 NBA Draft/1-25] Clint Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 26, 2014.

?

Do you like Houston's choice (draft-and-stash) of Clint Capela at the 25th pick?

1. YES

328 vote(s)
    80.6%
  2. NO

79 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

rip BAM: he left CF to become a wizard

J.R., BigMaloe and dmoneybangbang like this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I’m 100% positive at least 3 of the remaining 4 posts are from basketballholic as well.

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  3. basketballholic

We'll check this thread again in 4 years.

I will concede he's easily better than I projected him to be.

But I hate to tell you I still don't trust his game. I still think he's our weakest link. I do not want to pay him because I do not have confidence that he will be there for us when we're in the bunker and the chips are down.

Remember, I trashed Lance Stephenson when he came in the league. It looked like I was wrong briefly. Turned out I was right. Same thing happened with Larry Sanders.

I also told you from the get go that Drummond was fool's gold. And I've maintained my stance on Drummond from the draft until now. And I'm still holding to it. Games in November are not games in May/June. Big difference.

And finally remember this one? I said we should trade Terrence when he was shooting 45% from three in November of....whatever his second season was when we made him the starter and practically everybody here was raving about his future.

I've watched Capela try to play center for three post seasons now. Every time he has melted down. Has he improved? Why sure. Has he proven that he's the man when the heat is on? Absolutely not. He's shrunk every time. So I'm not changing my tune on him now. Sure he looks great. So does Drummond. They'll have to prove it to me when they get in the playoff wars. I'm not buying stats in November. Sorry.

amaru and bilaal14 like this.
  4. alethios

alethios Member

Basketballholic is like the anti-jinx

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Anybody else remember all the other bullshit bbhollic has spewed out of his ass over the past? Spencer dindwiddieeee, nerlens Noel, DMo, Ricky ****ing Rubio needs to run our offense lmao

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Bbhollic less than a year ago- harden should not be our PG and Clint capela sucks

Bbhollic now- Clint is a product of hardens point guard play

Nook, Swiss Roll, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  8. K-Lo_The_Future

Lol you're just so bad....

Sooty likes this.
  9. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Can we trade basketballholic for FTW Rockets FTW? I can't believe I'm saying this...

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

@ftwrocketsftw wherever you are...just know you are everywhere to me and when I close my eyes it's you i see...you're not alone. You're not alone.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I wish Morey could read this and give you his opinion.

12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Yea, same here. Not sold on Clint. I would look to sign and trade him next year. As of right now, I do not sign him to the potential max or near max salary that he is going to want.

I do wish we signed him when we had the chance for cheap, something like $11 mil a year.... but at the rate he is going to want to get paid, I do not think he will be worth it.

Sign and trade.... or sweetener for a third star at the deadline.

amaru likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

I bet we are going to have to let him walk because of they payday he will command. He’s essentially auditioning for other teams.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's a center. He doesn't need a shot. Capela has improved so much from early in his rookie season. He was a scrub back then. I remember when the Rockets got off to that 19-5 start, they had a few blowout wins where Capela came in with the 3rd unit in the 4th quarter. He was so bad that he could cough up 10 points off a 20-25 point lead within a matter of minutes, even against the other team's benchwarmers. He couldn't even catch lobs for dunks. It's amazing how much he grew even that season and where he's at today.

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. PatBev

PatBev Member

Nah I think Capella wants to be a rocket and we have those birdie rights

As much as I don't want to if we are able to sign Lebron or more of the banana boat, then we have to do what ever it takes to keep Capella cause that's a championship team until Lebrons body goes out

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And Morey/D'Antoni would never make the call in the first place.
    Lies. He came to play against the Spurs last year, and was one of the best defenders, rebounders and shot blockers in the entire playoffs.

#296 RudyTBag, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Having the capability to be a product of harden is a skill in and of itself.

You arent necessarily wrong but you arent acknowledging that that is an extremely valuable skill.

Do you think pau gasol, arron baynes, tristan thompson, zaza pachulia, or amir johnson could function at near capelas level on pick and rolls with harden?

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You know how rare a big as young and good as Capela is? Capela is just about the best center in the league right now. He's added strength and power to his game this year on a consistent basis. He's grown his game as well as physically.

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

13.7 ppg
    11.3 rpg
    1.7 bpg

19.1 pp36
    15.7 rp36
    2.4 bp36

23 years old, 62 years younger than Thon Maker. Still improving. 65% from the free-throw line this year.

When he was drafted, he had two NBA level abilities. Switching on pick and rolls, and explosively rolling to the rim and finishing everything with ridiculous percentages. Those two skills are completely elite for an NBA C. There are very few centers in the NBA that can switch better, or roll quicker, let alone do both.

#299 RudyTBag, Dec 1, 2017
  20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I wonder If Rick Carlisle would have Clint Capela riding the bench like 4th stringer Nerlens Noel.

DNP-CD
    DNP-CD
    DNP-CD
    DNP-CD
    DNP-CD
    DNP-CD
    DNP-CD

Still doesn't clean room.

#300 RudyTBag, Dec 1, 2017