1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Very unlikely imo. You should expect a couple of new ATHs in the next weeks.

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

With the usual caveat that nobody really knows -- I'm not sure BTC will crater again with wall street now involved. Previously the whales could manipulate it up and down -- but with so much new money flowing in, I don't know if they'd win the dump manipulation battle. Several people tried this month unsuccessfully, pumping BCH and dumping hundreds of thousands of bitcoin -- bitcoin responded by crushing through it's next ATH.

I'm in fiat right now -- got caught over-trading. Sold high last night and bought back in low, then sold again thinking it would dump lower and it just bounced back to normal. I'll try to stay on the sidelines until the next dip.... meanwhile my #xzc coin is blowing up!

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Shii breh told you it's extremely strong right now and aiming at ATHs all the time.
    One of the better advices around is too never short BTC, unless you're extremely sure and all market signs point towards a dump.

4. LongTimeFan

I knowwww. Had I just stayed with my first re-buy in, I would have crushed it. I'm not really shorting it so much as trying to do swing trades to gradually increase my supply.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Btw what dip are you aiming at? I don't see a real dip (at least not below 8k) happening in the next days, might as well get in now.

6. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

eth hit all time high today. LETS GOOOOO

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nearing 8.6k my brehs.

LongTimeFan likes this.
  8. jbasket

jbasket Member

Am I the only one uneasy about the huge money inflows right now?

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

So when does this crash back down to 1k?

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

never

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

BTC just hit 9k

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Any of you guys use Kraken to trade?

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Do I buy now or wait for a dip to the 7500 range?

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tone predicted the last weeks pretty great, I followed his videos and tweets daily and so far it has played out exactly as he said.

According to his model, it will go up for a few more days (possibly above 9k) and then consolidate towards around 7.5k.

16. rezdawg

Yeah, just recently started following him...I just watched where he said he expects it to go up a few more days. Ill hope for the consolidation, haha.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Buy Etherium and Litecoin. More upside perhaps.. idk much about this but I’m gonna jump in. That’s what my friend told me today.

Gonna try to get in on a good ICO for a better short term play

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You should always do your own research instead of investing without research, also ICOs are extremely risky and you never have any guarantee of them not being pump&dumps or without any future.

Honestly, everyone telling you to invest into an altcoin instead of bitcoin is just hoping for a fairytale story similar to BTC and your friend probably told you that these will be the next bitcoin or moon soon because they have the same "potential" as bitcoin.

Right now, Bitcoin is the only coin clearly backed by Wall Street and heavy investors. People thought altcoins would double/triple/4x and more after the recent forks, but bitcoin has clearly shown who's boss long term. This market is an extreme bubble and 99.9% are just trying to ride the wave, they'll die out in a few years.

Long-term, bitcoin is a much safer bet, you should mainly consider altcoins (ltc, ether etc) for short-term trades to multiply your amount of btc. Anything else is pure risk.

sammy, jbasket and LongTimeFan like this.
  19. rezdawg

Yeah, Im on those as well...my portfolio mostly consists of Litecoin...and I keep adding to it, but Im trying to throw money at all 3 (BTC, ETH, LTC). I like LTC the most and definitely think it has the most potential from an investment standpoint. BTC and ETH are safer bets, imo, but LTC has the highest upside at this point. I hope.

LongTimeFan likes this.
  20. LongTimeFan

All three are safe bets IMO.

I took a leap of faith with my investment and concentrated majority of it in one alt-coin. Bitcoin pumping will be good news for everyone in the end. I'd be surprised to see a retrace down to $7,500 without a major event pushing it. This might be the new normal?