1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barry Sanders on Cold Pizza

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by giddyup, Dec 1, 2003.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Barry is out promoting his new book... just in time for Christmas!

He says that he has not ruled out a return to the game; he wants a shot at a ring. Which team could/should give it to him? Could he make it back? This is his fifth season out of the game...

Where do you rank him on the list of all-time RBs?

2. Zion

Zion Member

Numero Uno!

3. PieEatinFattie

PieEatinFattie Contributing Member

I don't care what the all-time numbers or his father says, he was the best. That being said, I'm not sure that anyone could come back at the age of, what 37, and not having played for five years and make a impact. There is big difference between being in shape and being in football shape. I think that statement was just spin to get people out to buy his book.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Top 5.
    NOT number 1.

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I believe that Barry Sanders has been stopped for negative yardage more times than any running back in NFL history. Imagine how many yards he would have had if he had just tried to go forward instead of changing direction. For every dramatic 25 yard gain he had, there were probably five runs that he got negative 5 yards after changing direction twice. I'd probably put him third all time behind Jim Brown and Walter Payton..

6. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Imagine if he had played on a real team where he wouldn't have had to go backwards before he could go forward.

He's the best.

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Cold Pizza is still on the air? :confused:

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't know about the greatest running back ever, but I can tell you that the Real World chick on that show is hot...

9. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Its to late for him to come back now. He should have came back a few years ago when the dolphins were knocking at his door. Now I dont think anybody would pursue a 37 year old running back they've seen what a washed up Emmitt has done of late. Probaly just a stragedy to sell a few more books like suggested earlier

10. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

#2 by a nose ahead of Payton, and behind Jim Brown by a substantial margin.

11. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Completely agree.

Not close to #1. Brown & Payton were clearly better. Campbell, Simpson, Emmitt & Dickerson all in the same league as him too. Faulk could join them as well in the 2nd tier of all-time greats. Of all these guys, I am quite sure Barry had the highest % of negative plays. Some will say it is just because Barry's teams were bad, but Simpson (quite often), Emmitt (late in his career) and Payton (most of his career) were on crummy teams as well.
    Barry was great player who produced some incredible plays--but was never the best running back of his time at gettting the consistent positive yardage plays and keeping the chains moving--and that is most what I want my running back to do.

Personally, when Earl was in his heyday, only Brown was probably his equal or better. Earl's body just deterioted much faster than Emmitt, Barry or Payton's. And of the latter 3, Payton had the best combination of speed, quickness, power, blocking ability, catching ability, even throwing ability, of these three.

12. super_mario

super_mario Member

I agree.

Also, the Lions were 5-11 in Barry's last season. They were 8-8 in the first year without Barry and 9-7 in the year after that.

13. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i love cold pizza, however i always remove the prawns/shrimp just in case

14. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

For me, Barry was the most exciting back to watch.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I second that, Kat is f*ckin' smokin'...I've watched it a couple of times b/f work and she is so hot its ridiculous...