1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’m going to try and trade for Zeke also. I should be 7-2 after this. If so I’ll will try to trade for him. The guy that has also has David Johnson. He lost his second game this week and has a low total score which essentially gives him another loss.

It’s still a risk playing Zeke the first week he is back in the first week of playoffs. Hopefully Dallas still has something to play for at that point.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Tried trading Cousins the last few weeks, most recent for Ameer Abdullah who passed, wanted more than just Cousins. Trade deadline Nov 11, so I have more time, wondering if I should just go ahead an drop him (Watson is my other QB)?

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Since Aaron Rodgers went down, I tried to trade for someone's backup and Kirk Cousins was my first target. But the guy wanted Kareem Hunt. I loled. I'm working on a trade for Tom Brady now for much less.

I would at least try to get a defense out of him, but yeah, there isn't a lot of utility in having a backup QB so their trade value isn't too high. Dropping him wont kill you

4. NewRoxFan

People have horrible ideas on their players value. I have DET as my DST which should be good ROS, though I guess if JAX was available...

one more question, for a standard league, who is better both Week 9 and then ROS... Sterling Shepard or Devante Parker?

5. body slam

body slam Member

is Kelvin Benjamin playing tonight?

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well Luck is out for the year. Meaning TY Hilton is almost worthless. So I will probably drop him after this week.

I have no idea how I am currently 1st. Some luck and a little skill I guess.

I drafted:
    Terrell Pryor
    TY Hilton
    Sammy Watkins
    all 3 will be off my team after this week.

Along with Jay Ajayi in the 2nd round.

7. NewRoxFan

Well, its a good thing I didn't trade or cut Kirk Cousins. But there goes my season...

8. NewRoxFan

Last I heard, BUF GM said it was 50/50. He could play and be mostly a red zone target. I think I will sit him... but my alternatives are pretty sketchy (Jeffery versus DEN, Corey Davis versus BAL). So Benjamin is no worse a dart throw as the others.

body slam likes this.
  9. itony

itony Member

If Texans decide to run with Savage, how deep of a sleeper would it be to fire up the colts Def for ppr?

10. NewRoxFan

I have Cousins, but should I drop Watson, pick up McCown to play tonight vs BUF) instead of Cousins at SEA? Or wait, add a skill position like Lockett for this weekend, and add McCown or Big Ben next week?

11. NewRoxFan

body slam likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Kelvin will NOT play tonight. Make other plans.

body slam likes this.
  13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't like anything the Dolphins are doing on offense right now, I find it hard to start any of their players.

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

excuse me for a minute...

GOD ****ING DAMMIT WATSON.

thanks

15. JTQ

JTQ Member

I am facing someone with Watson and fuller this weekend....what a news..... now we still need kareem hunt or fournette to not play in the playoff to kill his team hahahahha

16. ABforPresident

Both of my QBs are on bye this week. I'm stuck with the hoffific options of Cutler vs Oakland or Eli vs LAR. Any help here? I'm leaning Eli.

Also Chris Thompson vs SEA or Peterson vs SF? (.5PPR)

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What's the deal with SNEAD?

18. NewRoxFan

Should I start Kirk Cousins at SEA or Jacoby Brissett at HOU? Worried about OL injuries, receiver injuries, and now snow and mixed precipitation against a tough and pissed Seahawk defense. I'd have to drop Pickett.

19. NewRoxFan

Damn... guy I am playing this Sunday just scored his waiver claim on Zeke. I am doomed... me losing Watson and now facing Zeke two weeks in a row (last week owner had then dropped Zeke on earlier news). I think I best start planning for next week...

20. itony

itony Member

Nobody would fire up the colts Def against Savage? Lol but then again just also read vontae Davis is out...