1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Mike Vick Playing this weekend against the Texans or not?!?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Gummi Clutch, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

2. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I can see your point. But I think he needed to see action this year, I would have prefered more than one game, but when you look at Atlanta's schedule...

SUN 11/30 AT HOUSTON
    SUN 12/7 VS. CAROLINA

SUN 12/14 AT INDIANAPOLIS

SAT 12/20 AT TAMPA BAY

SUN 12/28 JACKSONVILLE

Jacksonville gives us the only opportunity to get a win against an inferior defense to boost confidence heading into a longer than expected ofseason.

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Vick might play...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...N0aA--?slug=ap-falcons-vick&prov=ap&type=lgns

Vick to be Atlanta's backup QB at Houston

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) -- Michael Vick will be in uniform for the first time this season Sunday, standing by as the Atlanta Falcons' backup quarterback at Houston.

The Pro Bowl QB, sidelined since breaking his right leg in preseason, practiced for the second straight day on Thursday.

During a two-hour workout, Vick rolled out on pass plays after working exclusively in the pocket Wednesday. He also stopped, started and took cuts.

``It felt pretty good,'' Vick said. ``I'll just keep taking it day by day and see how it feels tomorrow. I am making progress.''

Doug Johnson will start Sunday when the Falcons (2-9) visit Houston (4-7), but Vick will be available.

``He will definitely be the No. 2 quarterback unless there are any setbacks tomorrow,'' coach Dan Reeves said. ``He was able to move around and scramble. I was surprised by how well he looked, especially compared to where he was last week.''

The team has a two-hour workout scheduled Friday morning.

4. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Sounds like Capers talking about Carr.

5. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member