1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 World Series] Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

We're playing in a National League ballpark, where they don't utilize a DH. When we play here at home, the DH is back in the lineup.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Is the game over if they fall behind 2-0?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

They are using Keuchel as DH to throw them off. Keuchel mashes lefties since he's a lefty pitcher himself and knows what's up.

houstonstime likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

This will be unified within 5 years...

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I've been on a cruise, so I haven't been able to post here. I just want to say

[​IMG]

4 MORE TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Honestly, I think the previous series were rigged to get 2 big market teams to the WS. Now that we are there, I think the only rigging is to make it go to 7 games, no matter who is winning so far..

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

"Our boys appreciate good hair. So do I (on el yuli's hair)" -Aj hinch.-
    I've heard enough we're sweeping this series in 6.

8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

If we somehow win this, can we invite that Sports Illustrated cover maker from 2014 to the parade? That man will be praised to no end. That would be just too insane.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Make their pitcher work hard guys.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Whether the ump knows what is happening with the glove is not important if they still let the glove fool them. Dodgers get a lot of called strikes in the gray area and it does not seem to be pitcher specific.

I don't expect it will be a big deal with Keuchel on the mound as he makes it easier for McCann (though last time I checked Keuchel got more calls with Castro/Gattis than McCann/Gattis) or Verlander as batters don't usually hit him even when he's in the zone.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Verlander homered in BP today, so lookout tomorrow.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That's called "strategery".

13. Buck Turgidson

You know what LaRussa would do.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

@Tomstro lets get rowdy!!!

15. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

All the national media keeps talking about the Dodger bullpen...I'm not scared! We just won games against Kimbrel and Chapman.

Astros sweep and Springer hits a walk-off homer in Game 4

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

As much as I dislike the Cardinals, gotta give LaRussa credit. For knocking off the Rangers, all was forgiven.

Houstunna likes this.
  17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Think- Rockets in 1995. Every single series- Jazz, Suns, Spurs, Magic- every single one, it was "well, here is where the buck stops- it was "Suns will get their revenge for 1994, or "no way they can win Game 5 in Utah, or "Spurs w/ the best record, swept the Rox in the regular season," or "Shaq-Penny are unstoppable." Heard it all before. There is not one pitcher on that team that we can't hit. And our pitchers can take care of their batters if they are on their game.

18. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I think the Astros will play relaxed for the first time all postseason, they were able to comeback in Game 4 at Fenway and comeback down 3-2 to the Yankees. They have full confidence. Josh Reddick is on his own personal revenge tour, Beltran will have his moment in Game 3 vs. Darvish, and Verlander will be lights out in Game 2.

The Dodgers have had no resilient moments this postseason, and if they lose Game 1 or even just Game 2, they will play scared or at the very least lose confidence going into MMP. If Astros can just win 1 of 2 in LA, I think the will of this city and everything the Astros franchise has gone through will push them to win every game in Houston.

GO ASTROS

19. distence

distence Contributing Member

The heat will take the fans out of the game so no home field advantage. Fans can't be rowdy for over 3 hours in this weather.

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Both would be fine and dandy, but getting out of LA with a split is all this club needs. On paper, game 2 seems like the obvious choice if we are gonna get one. If we take tonight though, ohhhhh boy.