1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017] Hurricane Season

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Lmao, eat a dick

By the way, there is a huge mega thread on Reddit right when you go to Reddit.com it shows a very huge active discussion with like 40,000 people in it, all are posting news about the hurricane. If you really need news I advise you to go there.

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Wow lol...

@Brown Lost It are you mentally r****ded in a way? If so, then I can sympathize with you. If not, you have to be the dumbest human being I've ever seen post on here. You should be permanently banned in my opinion. You're def going in ignore either way.

LonghornFan and marks0223 like this.
  3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Can someone pls give actual hurricane update?

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Looks like Miami and southern east coast will be spared and will not see much of a storm surge. Will see some rain and high wind. But now... Fort Myers and Tampa is right in the crosshair. Naples, Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, Fort Myers will see the worst of it. This actually looks to be the "best" of the worst for Florida. A bit to the east and the East coast (much more populated) would be devastated.

[​IMG]

DonKnock, No Worries and davidio840 like this.
  5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

weather.com
    wunderground.com
    Any number of news sites and weather sites across the interwebs.

If you're waiting on CF to be your news/weather source, you're doing it wrong.

B-Bob and cheke64 like this.
  6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

sign language guy ftw!

DonKnock and B-Bob like this.
  7. likestohypeguy

Is that real, or did some jokester digitally insert himself in the video? Doesn't look like any kind of sign language I've ever seen.

My favorite sign language moment in houston/harvey was when the hfd chief was doing his part of a press conference, late at night, he was visibly exausted- he just stopped mid sentence and turned around to look at the sign language interpreter. After a while he shook it off, and admitted he thought the interpreter was mocking him. All the press laughed. Wish that video was around. I want to see what motion set him off.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Leave me out of your dirty mouth dumbass. I can't remember the last time I posted in this thread. Reason being I have been helping out the community by volunteering at several different places

Meanwhile, you sit on your 25 stone ass eating bags of dorritos, guzzling cream soda, jerking off to JJ Fatt and other obese eggball texan players while posting here

Get a life moron.

9. miamirocketman

So the weather channel has the cone shifted far west and Miami isn't even in it now. So is Miami spared at this point or will the wind/rain still be destructive?

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Jeff Piotrowski is headed for Marco Island. The man has a death wish.

DonKnock and cheke64 like this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

El Nino's Absence Is Causing An Active Hurricane Season

Contrary to some items making the rounds of the Twitterverse, El Nino's are "Kryptonite for hurricanes." The Mercury News reports: "Irma has ripped a path of misery through the Caribbean and is aiming at Florida, but the first seed for its monster size and force was planted on the other side of the world more than six months ago. It happened innocently enough, when a widely anticipated El Nino failed to materialize over the Pacific Ocean. In time, that cleared a path for a hurricane to form in the Atlantic that grew to the size of the state of New York with winds topping 185 miles per hour. El Nino occurs when the Pacific heats up and flusters the atmosphere, setting off a chain reaction that causes wind shear across the Atlantic. Shear is wind blowing in different directions or speeds at various altitudes, and it can be Kryptonite for hurricanes. As powerful as they are, tropical cyclones have delicate structures. Shear can tear them apart. A budding storm can't get started and an established storm can't get strong."

12. likestohypeguy

Just landing just west might be worst case scenario, if it's still close enough, a "dirty side" situation.

DonKnock and miamirocketman like this.
  13. miamirocketman

Ah ok, didn't know this, can you explain what the dirty side is? I figured not in the cone meant not at risk.

14. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Due to the direction of rotation and the direction of movement of the storm, the northeast quadrant of an Atlantic hurricane usually packs the most wind and rain. The northeast quadrant is commonly referred to as the 'dirty side'.

The cone does not imply the area of influence. The cone represents the possible paths that the center of the storm could take. Of course the center line of the cone represents the most likely outcome, but any path inside the cone is possible.

Since Miami is not inside the cone, that means the storm's center is very very unlikely to pass through Miami. However, it is still possible that the center of the storm to take the path along the right side of the cone. Then Miami could still experience wind and rain due to being on the 'dirty side'. However, since the center of the storm is not going to go over Miami, that means the city is spared of the most severe Cat4/5 winds since the strongest winds only occupy a relatively thin band around the eye.

DonKnock and B-Bob like this.
  15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I rarely watch any news on TV, but I so happened to be watching this press conference. I was highly amused with this guys animated interpretation. Def real. Made up for Rick Scotts awkward presentation.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well said. To illustrate this, Houston was on dirty side of Harvey for those first few days.

I do not think Miami can breathe easy at all yet.

18. Buck Turgidson

Also the worst of the storm surge.

Haven't heard from my peeps in Sarasota yet, hopefully they gtfo yesterday.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

That idiot has been on ignore for at least a week now on my list and its been pleasant. He really is the dumbest poster Ive come across on here.

20. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, I actually laughed when he was trying to make the connection between drilling activity in the Gulf to pollution in the gulf to Hurricane Harvey.