1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac "Anybody can win a championship, Everybody can't get in the hall of fame"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Jul 29, 2017.

?

Is T-mac right?

1. No he's not right, I'm with Tinman

81 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Yes he's right, I'm with swyyyguy

111 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

You come at the king, you best not miss.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

The Basketball hall of fame is a joke, especially since Bill Walton is in it. If this was the NFL, he'd have a point.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He somehow always does this, it spices up my morning and noon here in Germany.
    Think tinmac once mentioned he's married, I'd really like a video feed. It would be absolutely hysterical to see how his wife desperately tries to sleep and he's like "Shut up honey, I got to debate T-Mac and Lin for five more hours. WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, I GOT TO DEFEND THE GLORY OF CLUTCH CITY AND TURN THIS TOF DOWN."

Rox11 likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Cant tell if serious. He was one of my dads favorite players along with earl monroe.

Bill Walton was supposedly incredible pre injury
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Walton

Look at his accomplishments. Champion in ncaa and nba. All nba first team, mvp, finals mvp.

Not a hall of famer?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You dad seems like he knows way more about basketball than the dumb mcgrady fans
    especially that yung-t and swwydoosh

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

JR Smith, Get er done Morey!

8. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

When you imply that poor supporting casts are the main reason Tmac never made it out of the first round then you're essentially implying that his teams took series leads mostly due to Tmac. Again, its the mental gymnastics game you like to play it comes to defending Tmac. To blow one series lead could be considered back luck or poor circumstance I will give you that, to blow two series leads could be just an anomaly, but when you blow three straight series leads as the lead guy then it's considered a trend or a failure to lead on the part of Tmac.

With Tmac there is always an excuse, though. If he would come out and just publicly own up to the fact that he failed as a leader then I think many folks would just drop it and let bygones be bygones. But, instead he likes to double down on it and rub it in by making stupid statements such as the one in the OP. All this does is just pour more gasoline on the fire.

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yeah you dont grow up in indiana in the 60s without becoming obsessed with basketball lol. It was huge over there apparently. One of my uncles was in the same high school league as Pop but never played him or saw him.

Definitely jealous of the stories of yall older folk getting to buy things like celtics rockets finals tickets the day of the game for cheap and still able to have great seats.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No, it means the team wasn't good and consistent enough over an entire series, which is why good teams have multiple players that can pick up the slack when the usual options have a bad night. It's why you see teams like the Spurs being successful over decades.

Really don't understand why some posters here can't grasp the most basic basketball logic and come up with crap.

11. Tha_Dude

It's not crap if you take your blinders off and look at it from an unbiased perspective.

NBA teams are 18-271 all time in series when down 0-2. What that number means is that most teams who take 2-0 series leads do so because they're the better team. I think when you win the first 2 on the road as the Rockets did in 05 against Dallas the numbers get even more staggering, but I didn't bother to look it up.

Basically, when you go up 2-0 in a series you're supposed to win the series. It's a statistical anomaly when you don't win a series when leading 2-0. Tmac managed to accomplish this three straight seasons in a row if you also include his 3-1 series lead blown to Detroit. He's the only superstar in NBA history to be on a team that held these leads in three straight years only to watch them wither away.

tinman likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

He grew up in the era where players like to win championships and the hall of fame was not really a goal, it was just a reward for being a great player.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Do you know the history of this board?

In 99, when Clutch commenced the genesis, it was ONLY ROCKETS FANS.

The influx of player only fans started when we got Yao Ming. We had a bunch of people from China join the board.
    As expected some of them valued Yao more than the Rockets.

I once made a post saying Yao got out rebounded by Len Bias and a YOF starting arguing about how Len Bias was getting the upper hand.
    This is no joke.

Then we we traded for Tmac we got a bunch of TOFs. Including that one you are talking to.

There was a big war between who's fault it was between TOFs and YOFs. The board was a mess and Clutch did clean it up.

The characteristics are the same.

They aren't remotely close to Houston or ever go to NBA Games, they show up only when there is a thread about their favorite player, they never meet other Rockets fans, their player never fails.

The evolution of the TOF/YOF is the monster called LOF.

None of these people know who Hakeem or Rudy T or the Summit or Steve Patterson or seen the crap Hakeem jersey statue.
    They don't know Pappadeauxs or Whataburger.

Just want to give you some background when you talk to the non believers.

Tha_Dude and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why is it "T-Mac managed to" instead of "the teams managed to?".

Extremely simple question, what was your opinion when Harden posted 30+pts in playoff games where several role players like Anderson and Lou had abysmal percentages?
    Did guys like you and tinman say "it was all on Harden, he couldn't carry them to a victory", or did you say "Harden did what he could in this game, but he can't do everything himself?"

We both know the answer and it shows how illogical and dishonest the approach many of you have in regards to McGrady is.

swyyyguy and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

You are trying to give 3D glasses to a blind person dude.
    He won't like Avatar.

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Only the great ones make it to the HOF, do only the great ones win a ring?....

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is safe to say

Tinman is the Night King! /Spoiler

18. tinman

Supporting Member

The great ones who win rings don't make statements like this.

Yao didn't win a ring and all I remember from his speech is how he thanked the fans and players and city of Houston.

19. Tha_Dude

Because Tmac was the captain of the ship and just like all the other superstars in the history of the game he's the one who will shoulder the blame when the team loses. Just like Harden will have to shoulder the blame for his game 6 no show.

If you want to talk more about Harden feel free to make a thread about it. This thread is about Tmac.

Zboy likes this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Did you even read my post? I was talking about Harden's good games where he excelled and role players disappointed, not game 6.

You guys are not even trying, it's like everything is pre-written with no regard to the original post.

Rox11 likes this.