1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrei Kirilenko in his prime vs. Draymon Green? who was the better player

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsTruth, Aug 1, 2017.

?

Who would you rather have on your favorite team?

1. Draymon Green

34 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. Andrei Kirilenko

24 vote(s)
    41.4%
  1. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

If you are a rockets fan who would rather have on the rockets right now if you couldnt get carmelo anthony

And for those who dont remmeber andrei kirklenko here are some of his best highlights

15pts/11reb/8ast/8blk
    againist prime kg

the only 5x6 in nba history vs. Lakers

18pts/16rbs/11ast/4blks/3stls vs. Chris Bosh

Now imagine Ak-47 in Mike Dantoni's system with Harden and CP3

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Answer: Draymond. Next question.

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/ci_5727978

TheFreak and ghettocheeze like this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not even close for me: Draymond Green. AK47 turned into a whiney baby when the Jazz surrounded him with other talented players (like Boozer and Williams). I lost all respect for him.

TheFreak likes this.
  4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

If we are talk peak. Then it's Ak-47. If we are talk entire career then Draymond. At Andrei's peak he affected the game at the same level as the best player on a championship level team.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

what? Best player on a championship level team kind of impact?

He had couple of borderline allstar years but that is all....I cannot recall much but I dun think it was very long - 3 or 4 seasons.

Green should be smarter than AK and has all the tools to be better. He is watching a lot of tape like Battier.

TheFreak and fba34 like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

can't stand both players' faces, hence i choose prime lerbon.

ferrari77 likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

double post is double

#7 Jontro, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

this is not even close, Draymond is way more versatile, a better comparison in my opinion would be a prime Ben Wallace vs prime Draymond. Ben was a defensive monster.

TheFreak likes this.
  10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

AK from 2002-2004 played at a Allstar level on offense and a Defensive player of the year level on D. First go look at his advanced statistics. Second if you don't trust that go look up the Quotes from Morey on him.

D-rock likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure he was a fantastic fantasy player at that time but I was around in 2002-04 while he was a special player I dun recall him being the best on a championship team.

The Jazz were not the best team. Advanced statistics be damned, he was injury prone and could not sustain it.

There are lots of players who could not sustain that level of play.

I dun have anything against Allstar caliber, just the term 'among the best on a championship team'.

#11 daywalker02, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

AK was good, but Draymond punks people. Asserts dominance against today's best 4's. AK went out there, hooped, put up a sexy stat line and that was that. Draymond crushes the will of his opponents through hustle, intimidation and physicality.

13. BackdoorHarden

Loved AK 47 on my fantasy team, but it's not even close in real life. He put up incredible stats all around.

Draymond all the way. No one can guard all 5 position and play help defense or run the offense at the big position like Raymond

TheFreak and daywalker02 like this.
  14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

During his best years the Jazz were either mediocre or terrible. Then D-Will and Boozer join and cause his stats to decline. In 06/07 (which Rockets fans should remember well) the Jazz improved to 51-31 but Kirilenko's stats sank like a stone. Instead of being glad he was no longer toiling in mediocrity, the whiny girl started crying.

So you can take his 2-3 peak years and shove it in the can. Draymond Green has no problem letting talented teammates take over while he does other things. If Kirilenko's head was screwed on over his entire career, I'd probably call it a tossup. When it comes to imposing his will and impacting meaningful games, he's got absolutely nothing on Draymond Green.

No question Kirilenko was very talented. However, guys that put up stats on mediocre teams don't impress me, especially when they start sucking their thumb and moping after help arrives.

rm365, heypartner and daywalker02 like this.
  15. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Kirilenko was obviously the better playa. He got his wife to agree to let him have one extramarital affair every year.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some stuff with his wife Masha who allowed him to have extra marital affairs during the season.

17. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

AK47. Green is the most hyped up trash I've ever seen. People seriously think he's too 10-15 in the NBA. Any team with him as the best player would be horrible.

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

How is he trash?

19. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

No one said he's the best player on a team, but he is defiantly a vital piece to a championship team. Every team needs that one tenacious guy that gets under the opponents skin/all heart kinda guy aka Beverly to name another.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Draymond obviously. Jazz were never contenders when he played (although they were solid) so idk how it's possible that he was "best player on a championship level team" caliber.

TheFreak likes this.