1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony still set on Rockets trade after Irving request.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VegasRocketsFan79, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Hornets

Hornets Member

Paul George already has 1 conference finals appearance in his young career. CP3 has 0 conference finals appears in his what 13th seasons?

Yet you call Paul George overrated LMAO!

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

This is the most dramatic off season I can remember. I have never been so active during offseasons on this board.

RocketsTerps and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

CP3 also never played in the Leastern Conference with a good team either. If PG13 was in the Western Conference, he might not event gotten out of the first round.

BHannes2BHonest, RasaqBoi and Caesar like this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ric Bucher, is that you? "You're a Rockets fan??"

No, he's not in the bag but every single report says he remains focused on being here. You base your Laker expectation on media hype that every single player in the history of the NBA wants to play for the Lakers.

You're a Hornets fan. Let me remind you of some of the HOF names that have played for the Rockets at one point or another.

Elvin Hayes, Moses Malone, Hakeem Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler, Scottie Pippen, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, James Harden, Chris Paul and tons of others who have come through Houston BY CHOICE. Were not some bum small town team and James Harden and Chris Paul aren't some lower tie All-Star players. Were talking about 2 1st ballot HOFers + 6th man of the year and other solid role players.

You're talking about a bunch of 19-21 year olds enticing LeBron without any clue if PG13 decides to remain and play alongside Westbrook. LeBron will be 34 at the start of the 2018 season. Why would he go to the Lakers because he sees potential in their young players? He doesn't care about potential down the road. He wants to win now at all costs. This whole Lakers theory is all media hype just like every single star of the past decade, yet how many actually went to LA?

James Harden alone in the WEST has carried teams further than Paul George in that garbage Eastern Conference. Now adding one of Carmelo's and LeBron's best friends and one of the greatest point guards of all time in Chris Paul and were still no better an option than a rookie and a speculated Paul George in LA?

Oh, Melo might be convinced to play with Lillard and McCollum who can barely reach an 8th seed and Melo can't even lead a team in the EAST to the playoffs? That sounds DANGEROUS! Maybe Boston? Yeah i'm sure Melo thinks adding himself IT and Hayward and Horford really the scare the Warriors. Melo has a lot of options right? All reports were that he would only waive his NTC for Houston or Cleveland and it's been Houston for the past month. If he chooses us as is over Lebron/Kyrie/Love, why would he choose Cleveland without Kyrie? Do i think he would join Cleveland if he was bought out and could join LeBron/Kyrie and Love? I did. Now with the drama, i see no chance of that happening. He didn't even want to go there without Love! Cavs could have easily traded Love for Melo, but Melo only wanted to go there with that whole team in tact and now their young star PG demands a trade. Pfft.

If Carmelo isn't a Rocket by the start of the season, he will be by the deadline.

If LeBron leaves Cleveland, playing with CP3 and Melo would probably be his #1 choice.

But, call me a homer. At least we Rockets fans can legitimately have this conversation. Good luck with Dwight Howard and Kemba Walker dominating the loss column.

5. hakeemthagreat

To who? Fans under 25? Lebron may not be the best player in the nba now, let alone ever lol. A astericks will go next to his legacy due to the fact he switched teams & had 2 team up with other great players to showcase his talent. You cant get credit for making guys great, who already great before you

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Why TF couldn't they have just kept Phil around a little while longer....

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dude is clueless as hell. Lebron is on the verge of being 3-6 in the NBA Finals. Houston is definitely in the mix. He makes basketball decisions first and Houston could arguably give him the best chance to beat GS

I wish we had Batum tho.. his 100M left over 4 is one of the best value contracts in the league.

BHannes2BHonest, gatsby and Caesar like this.
  8. Hornets

Hornets Member

Yeah man you got me.
    But CP3 is one of the best pg's in NBA history, it shouldn't matter what conference he plays in. Stop giving this guy excuses. He is good but he can't be your best player if you want to win.

9. Mr. Motiejunas

@Hornets is acting like a woman.
    Shut up boy

10. Hornets

Hornets Member

lol why you so mad bro?

GS vs Cleveland the rematch. I already know how next season will play out.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

oh my.....and shooting 40% FG......oh my
    http://hoopshype.com/player/nicolas-batum/salary/

12. RRFan1994

RRFan1994 Member

If u ain't rooting on the Rockets then wtf are u doing...

Bye...

Really brought ball into this conversation.. Smh

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I love how a dude from like the 20th best team in the nba is bumpin gums

Cash Cam, Why not? and Caesar like this.
  14. Hornets

Hornets Member

Hey buddy you might want to do some research.

Bird played with All Stars, Magic played with All Stars, Kobe played with most dominate player in NBA history, Jordan had Pippen. You need talent to win buddy.

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

A maxed out harden is waaaay better than a Kemba/Dwight combo lmaooo don't even have to mention cp3 or a possible melo

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Our best player? James Harden is 2X runner up for MVP the past 3 seasons and in his prime. If he had won those, which he legitimately had argument for, he would be in rare company. Hell, his down season in which he didn't even make an ALL-NBA team was one in which he had stats only done by (someone correct me if i am wrong, was it 3?) 2 players ever in the history of the game. Make no mistake, this is Hardens team. He sure as hell didn't need CP3 or even another All-Star teammate to do what he's done the past several seasons.

Cash Cam likes this.
  17. Mr. Motiejunas

b**** made all the way. Probably @DrexlerFan fat husband.

J_Hunter_1977 and Pen15clubber like this.
  18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Right on, LeBron has never made any star great, lol. He made them look worse.

He's great at making JJ Hickson look like he's above Amare, Mo Williams an All-Star, Boobie Gibson an actual NBA player, James Jones and Mike Miller extend their careers by six seasons.

LeBron's impact with others is vastly overrated. LeBron created this one dimensional team, and before this guy gets to bounce in 2018, Kyrie is beating him to the punch.

Melo knows not to go to Cleveland. Everybody knows it, it's why Butler wasn't willing and why George didn't commit.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Majority of this conversation was about LeBron after this coming season, so what you say means nothing. Of course GS is the favorite, but were making the right moves to give them a hell of a fight this season anyway. Putting Cleveland in there as an automatic in the Finals means nothing as the end result will be a dominating victory for GS all the same.

20. Hornets

Hornets Member

I mean the goal is to win a championship right?

Your team hasn't won **** either, what makes the Rockets special?

Oh we have James MVP Harden, we now got one of the greatest pg's in NBA history. Carmelo is next, we going to get Lebron as well. We made it Houston!lol