1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey is a horrible gm

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTruth, Jun 30, 2017.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

It is getting really pathetic when people are seriously trying to argue that Harrell, Beverley, Williams and Dekker are to much to give up for Chris Paul.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Morey went from the ice cream man to James Harden and Chris Paul stfu!!!!

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

CP3 isn't expected to be a one year rental. And even if he is, they would have max cap room next summer to go after an elite player to pair with Harden. Same thing OKC just did moving Oladipo for PG13.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

All these stars are already gone, our only hope now is for Melo buyout. That stupid Ryno contract really screwing us over right now.

bilaal14 likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

When you ship out 34M in salaries what kind of roster depth are you speaking exactly? With no MLEs and no exceptions to sign players I don't know what kind of roster depth are you saying:

Roster Salaries:
    Lou Will 7M
    Beverly 6M
    Dekker 1.7
    Harrell 1M
    Anderson 18M

All of these add up to 33M which is around the 34M projected CP3 salary. So your scenario is we locked up CP3 for 4 years but lost Anderson and MLE and LLEs for nothing. It's like literally the same cost combined wtf. I'd rather have CP3 for 1 year and then still keep Anderson and all the exceptions because then you can go over the cap to resign CP3 if you want him around. Plus you don't have Anderson anymore to use as salary filler for a 3rd star.

I mean suppose the Rox just roll into the season without any further moves, isn't it better to have CP3+Anderson+exceptions than just Cp3? You pay like 6M more cap for all these additional players by just trading for CP3 rather than signing him. Locking up CP3 isn't an issue because the Rox have his bird rights anyway they can match any offer for him and offer him more than any other team if they want to.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

anything can happen between now and next summer -- injuries, he doesn't mesh with harden, he decides to banana boat on another team, etc, etc. on the flipside, i'll concede that if cp3 suffers serious injury himself, then it's actually good we only have him on a one-year rental. but let's not call it anything else at this point.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it was reported we could have created up to $9M in capspace just by renouncing rights to some of our players (i don't know which players and i could even be wrong about this), so i don't think we needed to part with dekker and harrell under the FA signing scenario

8. thegreatdantoni

I'm sorry I didn't read the thread... I read the first post and couldn't read anymore...

Has anyone pointed out that sam dekker and montrezl were both drafted by the "horrible gm" who made an analytics program that seems to pretty sucessfully point towards decent players? For instance, montrezl was round 2 pick 32...

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah that may be true, but I would still give that up in a heartbeat for a chance at a superstar like CP3 and with him the even higher possibility of having guys line up just to play with him and Harden.

The value of that alone is basically worth a few first round picks.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Way too much? They gave basically nothing. If the spurs would've got CP3, you really would be crying.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  11. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

The Clippers probably won't make the playoffs next season. They've taken a huge step back with their moves and signings. They'll hover around .500.

The Rockets should be, at minimum, as good as they were last season, and very likely much better. And they're not done yet with moves this offseason. And I don't see CP3 being a one-year rental.

Morey has his flaws, but he is not a "horrible" GM. You are wrong, OP.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

chump bump.

how are people feeling about Murray today?

13. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

You have issues bro

14. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

If he doesn't get Melo in a time new clutchfan memebers deem acceptable, he may get tar and feathered opening night. #shameshame

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

why would you not be happy about me keeping your thread alive?? you should be thanking me, bro, not criticizing me.

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

17. Coach E

Coach E Member

Love him even more. In 24 hours he added Tucker and resigned NeNe

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm just waiting for Hayward to sign with us and then I'll discuss.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Oh boy, this is not even @Os Trigonum's final form.

I expect this thread to be bumped until the end of time.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Best GM in the biz. How does Moray's ass taste?