1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dubs vs Cavs Part III, Greatest Finals matchup ever?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by CometsWin, May 24, 2017.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those LA and Boston teams would wipe the floor with either of these.Talk about epic/legendary match ups. We were privileged to grow up with that. Pop on the tube and there they would be on a Saturday waging war. I always rooted for Magic & Showtime.

2. steveng125

steveng125 Member

4-3 cavs, the warriors haven't been roughed up yet. Curry and Durant will be shook. It will be up to Donky green and klay..i don't see LeBron losing this series. The only reason why I have warriors winning 3 game is because the refs will help them like always

Rocket River likes this.
  3. BackdoorHarden

Interesting fact: The Cavs and the Warriors are the reason why the Celtics and Lakers are the greatest rivalry,EVER, that continue into the 80's thanks to these two pathetic Franchises.

Cavs trade 1st round pick to the Lakers for a stiff and that 1st round pick became James Worthy

Warriors traded Parish and 1st round pick that became Kevin McHale for a big lazy stiff that was the Carmelo Anthony of center.

Suns also helped this rival by trading Dennis Johnson for a guy named Rob Roy.

So basically, the 2 teams with a combined 33 Chamipionship, Lakers and Celtics, were helped by the 2 pathic Franchises with a combined 2 Championship in the past 40 years.

Cavs and Warriors = 2 championship combined in 40 years.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. BackdoorHarden

We are talking PRIME years, not Career.

Of course these stiffs can't compare to all time great of Kareem, Worthy, Magic, McAddo, Parish,Mchale, Bird.

Only KD, Durant, and Curry will be considered all time great. Kryie might have a chance when he wins Championship #2 this year

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's true. We really don't know what would happened to these players/teams if they had today's free agency. These old guys decry today's players of joining the rivals rather than trying to beat them. But it's easy to say that when you didn't have the chance to do the same in your days.

PyroTex and heypartner like this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

point

where did it go? where did it go?

7. BackdoorHarden

I remember these 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BackdoorHarden

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I can't believe Magic is still alive!! He's going to outlive us all

9. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

To give those born too late to understand how Magic and Bird was the rivalry that actually kept the NBA afloat. They should watch

Magic and Bird: A Courtship of Rivals

Found this Youtube link to the documentary:

Jake Tower and Easy like this.
  10. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Has there ever been a finals with 3 MVPs in their prime?

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We can get into a debate on what prime means just to say how schpecial this year is:

But here's one that also had all the latest MVPs:

1983 had the last three MVPs (Malone '82, Erving '81, Jabbar '80), and Dr J was same age as Lebron now, and Jabbar was still scoring 22 ppg and all-star for 6 more years.

CometsWin and Jake Tower like this.
  12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

1958, 1960, and 1961 Hawks vs. Celtics (Pettit, Cousy, Russell)

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't even plan to watch it. I just can't care who wins.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

???
    What do you mean people aren't interested? The OP is talking about how much interest this is generating and also NBA tv ratings have gone up since GSW, Cavs etc. all formed super teams. Its a big reason why the salary cap went up because tv ratings have exploded for NBA esp. now that they have international league pass all those subscribers from China, Russia, Africa etc. are paying monthly payments directly to their pocket on top of national tv profit from advertisers.

I'm gonna be honest I agree with them, if your team (in my case the Rox) got eliminated then it's better to watch super teams duke it out. Nobody wants to watch no names vs no names c'mon now. Esp. with how OP GSW is Lebron actually turned into the good guy or lesser evil guy and lots of people want to see him destroy GSW.

15. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

That's what I'm talkin about!! How could it be the greatest Finals? HoustonRox not playin:confused:

Tha_Dude likes this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dubs sweep. I have a pizza bet on the line.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The cap went up BEFORE Durant joined goldenstate, meaning ratings were rising regardless of where Durant went for free agency, which also means that everything else you wrote based on that incorrect information, is crap.

Think for yourself.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

both of these teams only lost one game combined in the playoffs. yeah, it should he fun. after such a boring playoffs I can only imagine the NBA will make sure these games are close if they have to.

how else will they convince everybody that this is what they wanted, two superteams dukijg ot out in the finals after many boring playoff games.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think this will go more than 6

Rocket River

PyroTex likes this.