1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who else is sick of...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SamFisher, Nov 4, 2003.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

non-Houston media writers/announcers/etc who feel the need to premise every loss/negative incident with a Houston sports team with the oh so stale phrase:

"Houston, we have a problem"

My god, how cliched can you get. Didn't that movie come out like 7 years ago? Think of something new.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I would like to see an increased useage of the phrase from Superman II, "Planet houston."

3. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I agree...

They were saying that at the Titans game in Nashville vs the Texans when I went and I was thinking...

If the Nashville announcer is saying "Houston, we have a problem"... shouldn't that mean the TITANS have a problem...

WE=Person saying it

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i got tired of this in 1996 during the Seattle/Rockets series, when the Sonics went on to play the Bulls that year.

but it is so tired now, it's ridiculous. time to come up with something new.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I meant to say "preface" in the orginal post

No edit makes me sound like George W. Bush. :(

6. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

The good thing is if you think about it, after they had a problem, everything got fixed and it all worked out. Y'all are right though, that phrase is way over used.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm tired of the writers that think Houston is podunk city USA. East coast bastids.

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

4 real me2

9. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

Isnt Nasa on Clearl lake and not houston? why does houston take credit for it and not Clear lake.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

hey, did you know the DALLAS Cowboys play in Irving, Texas?

did you know the DETROIT Pistons play in Auburn Hills, Michigan?

Houston has always been associated with NASA...NASA is part of the greater Houston area, which engulfs Clear Lake

11. dc sports

dc sports Member

The movie was based on a true story. ;) The quote has been in use for a LONG time, and is very worn out.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Also, Clear Lake is not actually a city anymore... they were annexed by Houston a few years back.

ie - they have no mayor.

Look at Nasa's address... its Houston, TX.... unlike the Cowboys who do actually have IRVING as their address.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Actually, I believe it is far fairer to say that NASA is associated with Houston.

Let the yank writers belittle the good thing we have going on here in little ol' Texas. Maybe they'll stay away.

We guard the wrong borders in Texas!