1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New York Rockets fans: Saturday night's game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by across110thstreet, Nov 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Magic @ Rockets 8:30 P.M.(Eastern)
    Saturday November 8
    Blondie's- Upper East Side, 2nd Ave. between 92nd and 93rd.

I will be there, hope to see some of you

2. across110thstreet

this is why posting @ 2 in the morning is a bad idea.

bump

Come on out, it will be a perfect night to watch a basketball game!

GO ROCKETS

3. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Hey Across 110th. I literally live "Across 93rd", on 3rd Ave. So that works for me. I might have to work, otherwise I'll be there.

4. axmpo

axmpo Member

I want to, but my wife won't allow me.:p

Have fun!

A BBQer (Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens)

5. munco

munco Member

damn you guys! Where were you last Tuesday when we played the Nets? I'll be there! I'll also post in the yahoo group if it hasn't been done yet. I figured that weekends would be bad, but I guess I was wrong. I was planning on the game next Thurs. vs. the Mavs to do a meet but looks like we have some interest for this one! sweet.

6. across110thstreet

here's the deal for me munco. I'll be straight with you. I just got cable for the first time in five years living in nyc. When the Rockets are on Tv, I am staying in and saving money. I had League Pass Preview which was a godsend so i haven't missed a game yet. tuesdays game against miami is on NBAtv(channel 400)
    and thursdays game against the mavs is on tnt.

I know eventually, there will be a stretch where Rockets games won't be televised and I will be needing my rockets fix. Thats when you will see me. Saturday is one of those days where i gotta get my fix!

see everybody Saturday

7. munco

munco Member

What you say makes sense. See you on Saturday!

8. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

I'll try to make it. I just moved into a new co-op so I'm pretty busy with moving and what not. But my cable (and League Pass) won't be installed until Tuesday. I definitely want to watch the game.

9. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

weren't you one of the guys hard-peddling the UES? yet you don't plan on attending many games? i got a wife and two kids in brooklyn, that is just too much of a commute for me. i thought the idea was to find a location that was convenient for more people. oh well!

10. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

For $235 your can have courtside seats. But there is that whole plane ticket thing.

11. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

no edit:

at the Rockets Mavs game

12. The Voice of Reason

Well if you read in the Yahoo group, I recently discovered the the UES workd amazingly well for me. Thought it would be a pain in the arse, but my friend on 96th has parking in her building. I live 100 miles East onf the city so a parking space is key. otherwise i am on the train and bus and all so I prefer midtown if i am just heading in for the day.

Weekends only work for me. I made an exception for Smeggy, but that was just painfull.

110th street and I had e-mailed a bit about the UES so this would have been great for us. if not for an old friend visiting me tonight and saturday.

all meetings will be on Manhattan as far as I can guess. Unless one of us opens out homes and really does it up some night.

dont worry man we will all get together eventually. and in time our ranks will grow. as long as we get double digets by playoff time I will be happy.

PEACE

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I've got plans to hang out with an old college friend, but if that falls through I'll be there for sure.

14. DCballer

DCballer Member

Across, I'll be there in spirit. No wait... I'll be at the game. Working... but I'll be at the game.:D

15. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

My stance exactly, Across110. I'm a starving student---when the Rox are on TNT, I'll probably save cash and stay at home. But when they're not, I'll be at Blondies. I plan on becoming a regular.

See you guys there this Saturday!

16. across110thstreet

I enjoy watching the Rockets in the comfort of my own home. for that, I apologize.
    I also have many memories of watching Rockets games at Blondie's, both on the Upper West and Upper East, they are great sports bars that never flinch when you ask them for a rockets game.

I know where I will be Saturday night, so I offered that as an idea for any NY Rockets fans.

I implore you, the next game you want to watch, come up with a spot and I will make my way there, and I don't mind the commute!

17. freeflowin'

freeflowin' Member

i'll be there.

18. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

no problem with watching the games at home. i have the league pass so i'm cool like that, but in my nine years of living in the city, i haven't met many rockets fans. most of my friends are artists and they tend not to dig sports so much. that's why i started the thread about out of state fans. it seemed like a fun thing to do, you know, some time away from the family, drinking beer, and hopefully, watching the rockets kick some tail. unfortunately, weekends don't work for me and the UES is a little far. i can definately do it a few times during the week but if it were to become a weekly thing i would much prefer something midtown or downtown.

19. across110thstreet

it's all good Big Gary.

I am watching the Houston/Orlando 1995 Game 1 matchup to prepare for tonight's game.

lets rock the f'ing house and kick some a$$.

Three hours till tipoff, folks!

20. munco

munco Member

Hey guys, some crap came up so I had to bail.

I'll try to make the next big one against the Mavs.