1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 3/28/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2017.

1. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I was not discouraged by this game. The Warriors ran the Rockets off the court early and then the Rockets kept their composure and marched back. Never panicked; didn't make too many mistakes after that early turnover orgy. They were a few missed threes away from completing the comeback.

Matchups are totally different with Durant and Anderson back, and not in our favor. But the goal all along was to hang with the Warriors when the threes are falling; this time they weren't and it still wasn't terrible.

2. Scottay

Scottay Contributing Member

We already beat them at their place with KD earlier this year. Let that sink in.

D-rock, Patience, ramotadab and 3 others like this.
  3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If more of the Rockets 3s go in, it would be a different ball game. I'm surprised our bench has not dominated like advertised.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

They should give hard defence on curry and Thompson with double team. Let nene one on one with green. Houston should grab more rebounds. I suggest to do a trade to buy a player who can play

#1324 elmotsangtt, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We lost this game in the 3rd quarter when we started getting stops defensively but couldn't capitalize on the offensive end to close the gap. Seemed like we were playing scared at times.

Of course you'd think we'd make more 3s next time we play but they have great defense and were taking us out of what we wanted to do. Most of our 3s were either rushed or covered, not within the normal flow of our offense. It's even tougher without Anderson spacing the floor.

This game shows how far the gap is between these teams, they didn't even have Kevin freaking Durant and Curry was in foul trouble a lot of the 2nd half. If we are somehow able to get past the Spurs in the 2nd round, hopefully we just catch fire like we did in our first meeting against them so the series is competitive.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

All is not lost. Rockets shot 16% from 3 point land. 16%!!

Rockets are not going to beat many teams shooting those numbers on the long ball, let alone the Warriors

Fact that we shot so badly and yet kept the game fairly close and to single digits is a definite positive.

#staycalm

bro2044, Patience, Rox11 and 6 others like this.
  7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man we can not afford to lose Harden. We might just have to rest him until his risk gets better.

We can expect a lot of this in the playoffs. Teams will run us off the three point line. Golden State did a great job on that last night.

The slow start was hard to watch but I love how we bounced back in the 2nd quarter.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

are you kidding me? that was a hatchet job by the officials up and down the court. both sides had numerous and legitimate complaints. that 4th quarter was brought to an absolute halt. 2 fast paced, high octane teams brought to a standstill because the refs were blowing everything for 30 minutes.

there's no way in hell the NBA wants it's golden boys and a team like ours that plays exciting basketball not locked in a breakneck race to the finish. that felt like watching college football. or golf or something. BREH.

9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

What kind of hater dogs his own team's defense dude. Stop being a hater and read my post thoroughly.

Also, watch the game thoroughly.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing is more frustrating to me than losing to the Warriors and watching Curry stand there chewing on his dangling mouth guard. He just nauseates me. Ugh!!!! That is the team I just want us to beat down on the court every time we play them.

They played better defense, plain and simple. Top that off with just plain lousy 3 pt shooting, and we choked it away. We hesitated too much when we were open behind the arc, bringing on the pressure. Missed layups and turnovers didn't help much. Fast break points? We lost that battle. They also did a better job blocking shots and rebounding than we did. Free throws? We definitely won that battle. The game got exciting when we narrowed the lead, and I actually thought we might come back and win it, but nope!!! Relying on free throws to win a game just won't cut it against the Warriors, even if you do get to the line as much as we did. A punch in the gut loss for sure!!

D-rock and bro2044 like this.
  12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

INB4 the next "stay calm" thread :p

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True. Midway through the 3rd quarter the rockets had a great chance to take the game over. Scared or just sloppy play i don't know, but you can't waste those opportunities.

bro2044 and mfastx like this.
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmfao Oakland has no football team

ramotadab likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yeah, but the Warriors shot 11-41 from 3 which is just 27%. What if they shot their normal 38% from 3?

I did think that we found some ways to attack them on defense in that 2nd and 3rd quarter. This game was a good teaching tool for the Rockets at the very least.

#1335 Reeko, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    ramotadab likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

17. watashi315

watashi315 Member

The Nuggets aren't on the same level as the Warriors. Furthermore, just to add to my earlier comment, not only do you have to defense the Rockets 3s but also beat us at our own game, which the Warriors can easily do given their talent.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yeah, there's a huge difference between beating the below .500 Nuggets and their bottom 5 defense when the 3 point shot is taken away and trying to do the same against the Warriors and their top 5 defense.

19. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

How do you know I didn't watch the game? I watched the entire game, but just not as bias as many fans here.

The refs were horrible for the entire game, made too bad calls against both teams, but missed many calls should made.

20. threepointshot3

Rockets had an off night from the 3 point line. If we catch fire then the game in Golden state happens where we broke their 11 game wining streak earlier in the season when they also had Durant as well.