1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fundraiser event and unique opportunity for tickets/gear

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I saw this on the broadcast last night and asked some questions on it. Passing this along because it's a great cause and a unique opportunity for someone wanting to go to a game.

The Rockets are hosting a "Clutch City Cares for Kids" fundraising event for Special Olympics this Saturday during the game. You can see the details here:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/clutchcitycares

But for $250, you can get two lower bowl tickets to a Rockets game and every collectors giveaway from this season -- bobbleheads of Calvin Murphy, Elvin Hayes, Mario Elie, Tracy McGrady, Clyde Drexler as well as the Ralph Sampson Figurine and Hakeem Olajuwon Cap. You also get a duffle bag and an autographed photo of a Rockets legend or current player.

This is the kind of charity work I'd like to see get more play here.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That's really cool. I don't think I can make any of those dates but it's a great package for those that can.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Just FYI, when you actually hit purchase on the $250 package, it says you get 2 upper bowl tickets -- not lower bowl.

ETA: Thank you for sharing!

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I wish they had something other than tickets.... I'd love to have that basketball.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up, @KlutchQT ... I checked with the Rockets and the offer is two lower bowl seats. I think there was an issue yesterday when you went to purchase and they fixed it.

don grahamleone and heypartner like this.
  6. rw7183

rw7183 Contributing Member

I'm from out of town and would be interested in purchasing. Do you know if there is someone I can reach out to see if I could purchase, donate the tickets, and have memorabilia mailed to me?

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Super cool. Got the MVP package. That's a lot of cool stuff for just $250!

8. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

got the 1200 package. Tax deductible. Amazing gear. Good seats. Charity. Doesnt get much better. Thanks

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Is it really tax deductible? I couldn't resist the Hall of Fame package either. There are 6 Hall of Famers and Rudy T should be joining soon. Even Horry might have an outside shot...

At best, though, I thought only the amount above fair market value would be deductible.

10. Mikeylu

yes.. they give you a tax receipt at purchase.

SmoothOperator likes this.
  11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The price you paid - FMV of what you received = tax deduction.

SmoothOperator likes this.
  12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

With the $1200 package, you get the ball, case and duffel correct? I assume it doesn't also include the stuff from the $250 package?

13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ball, case, bag, and 4 tickets. No bobbleheads or Dream trucker cap.

bobrek likes this.
  14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Do we know where/how we're suppose to pick all these up? Haven't gotten the email yet.

15. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I bought the MVP package Saturday night. That ball included in the HOF package is awesome though. It is one of the coolest Rockets pieces of memorabilia i have ever seen. I will trade my TMac bobblehead for the ball. Any takers?

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks for the post. BTW - - saw the whole TV + crew adorned in T's t'other nite. Well, save for Calvin who sported Calvinesque duds.

Clutch likes this.
  17. Mikeylu

as a rockets fan since the championship years, I was born and raised in houston, was around 11 years old when they won their first champion ship and have watched 90% of the games played since then.. the memorabilia offered, and the fact it goes to charity, and the fact its tax deductible was too much to pass up.

to the above.. 4 lower bowl tix to a choice of 3 games, duffle bag, ball signed with multiple rockets HOF with certificate of authentcity (from that era)