1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Chamillionaire

But if we get rid of Brewer's contract, we'll have space for Max next year right?

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I would love this trade. NY has been great from 3 this year and has good length defensively. Ajinca could be used against big centers

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. dtitus1

dtitus1 Member

I wouldn't mind Darren Collison. as the sec unit guard.

4. basketballholic

That stigma won't apply if Anderson is traded to Sacramento.

On another note, Anderson is a role player.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Houston In: Serge Ibaka, Will Barton

Orlando In: Corey Brewer, Montrezl Harrell, HOU 2017 1st

Denver In: Jeff Green, KJ McDaniels, Denver's 2017 2nd (via HOU), Rights to Gentile

Houston unloads Brewer, gets a rim protector (Ibaka) and fills Brewer's minutes with a better player (Barton).

Orlando gets Harrrell and a 2017 1st

Denver hits the salary floor with Green, gets their 2017 2nd round pick back, and adds a couple of wing prospects (Gentile and KJ).

Sign Mario Chalmers

Harden (35) / Gordon (28)
    Beverley (28)
    Ariza (32) / Barton (21)
    Anderson (30) / Dekker (16)
    Ibaka (30) / Capela (20)

Injury Subs
    Nene
    Chalmers

Bench
    Brown
    Wiltjer
    Ennis
    Onuaku

TEXNIFICENT and carib like this.
  6. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -1.8 ppg, +1.5 rpg, and 0.0 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Cole Aldrich
    28 year old, 6-11, 250 lb C from Kansas
    1.8 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 9.5 minutes in 2016-2017
    [​IMG] Brandon Rush
    31 year old, 6-6, 225 lb SG from Kansas
    3.2 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.7 apg in 15.7 minutes in 2016-2017
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Corey Brewer
    30 year old, 6-9, 186 lb GF from Florida
    4.1 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 15.5 minutes in 2016-2017
    [​IMG] K.J. McDaniels
    24 year old, 6-6, 205 lb GF from Clemson
    2.7 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.1 apg in 7.4 minutes in 2016-2017

7. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +1.0 ppg, -1.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Arron Afflalo
    31 year old, 6-5, 210 lb SG from UCLA
    7.8 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.2 apg in 25.3 minutes in 2016-2017
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Corey Brewer
    30 year old, 6-9, 186 lb GF from Florida
    4.1 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 15.5 minutes in 2016-2017
    [​IMG] K.J. McDaniels
    24 year old, 6-6, 205 lb GF from Clemson
    2.7 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.1 apg in 7.4 minutes in 2016-2017

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'd be cool with this trade if we aren't trying to make major changes. Afflalo is a much better fit for us and an upgrade to brewer. His contract is only guaranteed for 1.5m next year so it keeps us flexible and much added cap space if we so desire.

Opens up an extra roster spot as well if we wanted to add a chalmers/jarret.

It may cost us a 2nd or international prospect but it's the kings so maybe not.

Nice work

9. carib

carib Member

I like your idea but I was wondering if this is something our GM would even do, not that I am an expert on him. Your proposing trading away a lot future draft picks plus our biggest off season acquisition for two stars that become free agents over the summer. I doubt the Rockets could keep both when free agency begins. Morey likes to swing for the fences but that is something he would most likely do when the team is really bad. The team has good chemistry and has had a good season so far, I would think he would try not to disrupt the team too much especially if you don't know what might happen in the off season. If Morey can get Ibaka without disrupting the current team too much and he can find away to pay him in the summer that looks more likely.

roslolian and ilias like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd rather get one between Millsap and Ibaka WITH Whiteside if we have to go all in -> and dream tbh...Hassan contract is better than what one between Millsap and Ibaka is going to get, he's younger and a true center (pick&roll with James would be unstoppable and we would have a great rebounder and rim protector)...obviously, if the Heat are going to trade him and we want to have him over Capela.

11. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Man, if Morey could pull this off I would be super duper happy.

[​IMG]

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Why Sacramento? What am I missing?

I don't mind Ryno being traded because I know it's a business 1st......but the masses may disagree.

13. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Hakeemtheking, DonKnock and Fulgore like this.
  14. ilias

ilias Member

I agree that it would be unlikely for Les and Morey to swing for the fences at this stage. Team is doing well and Les is happy with results, so Morey has no incentive to risk his job by changing things dramatically. I just think that for us to become contenders, no marginal move will suffice. We are not one role player away.

carib likes this.
  15. basketballholic

It's his home town. He wanted to go there before we signed him.

I think this bears watching. Anderson does fit very nicely beside DeMarcus. I don't think we'll trade Anderson unless the right deal comes along. But if a Whiteside/Dragic does present itself and we can get it done by moving out Anderson, Brewer, picks, and Capela then it's going to be difficult to say no to a deal like that that leaves us with all the rest of our wing pieces. Especially if we could also add one of Casspi, Dudley, McDermott, or Ilyasova. Anderson, Brewer, McDaniels, Ennis, and Capela is around 32-33 million in salary. That's a lot of salary that we could take back.

I'm just saying. If some type of all-in trade did materialize then Anderson is the logical trade chip out.

16. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I see your point, which is also my view. But, I can see the view of the typical fan who bemoans such a
    move. "Oh My God.....He chose Houston......He uprooted family and friends.......and then they trade him
    so cold hardedly......other free agents will see that.....future free agents won't come here whether they be stars or role players......OMG!"

I was going to ask you if he had a home in Sac. I wish Ryno wouldn't say he loves it in Houston every week.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Capela+Brewer+KJ for Ibaka+Hezonja.

Simple trade that works for both teams. Magic won't be able to get a player better than Capela for Ibaka and Houston gets their "win now" player in Ibaka as well as taking a flyer on a blue chip prospect gone bad in Hezonja. If the worst happens and Ibaka walks for nothing, you will automatically clear enough space to sign a new max guy while still having Harrell on the squad as an instant C starter. OTH if everything works out you can have a "true" stretch team with all 5 players camping out on the 3 pt line with a lineup of Ibaka/Anderson/Ariza/Gordon/Harden. I'm still a believer in Hezonja just based on his athleticism and 3 pt shooting in Europe so I think getting him will definitely pay off.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

Maybe if he says over and over it will become true. If one states something all the time it make me think there is reason. Really really likes or is overly PC.

19. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

why not trade ennis for michael beasley? I wish we could take that trade back.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  20. carib

carib Member

Indeed it will take some major moves to compete with the likes of the Warriors.