1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. ABforPresident

With playoffs around the corner, I'm looking to make a last minute trade.

I'm currently sitting in 3rd place in a 12 man league where only 4 teams make the playoffs. Playoffs mathups are 2 weeks long ( week 13-14 & 15-16) .5 PPR

My current starting line-up:
    QB: Brees
    RB: D. Murray
    RB: Sproles/R. Matthews
    WR: Cooper
    WR: Alshon (Suspended)
    TE: J. Graham
    FLEX: Eifert

My bench is garbage.. (Tavon Austin, Maclin, and Asiata)

I really need to grab a WR with the Jefferey suspension and currently have an offer on the table of Eifert for Brandon Marshall (has BYE this week)

Do I take the trade and hope Marshall turns it around? It would allow me to move Sproles to FLEX, but I don't really trust Philly's RBs. I could also ask for Golden Tate instead.. What do you guys think? I really have no idea what to do at this point

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

10 Team Standard: my Crabtree for his D.Martin

RB: Gurley, Riddick, Rawls, C-Mike, Kelley, Ty Monty

WR: Evans, Crabtree, M.Thomas, D.Adams, (Alshon...)

I had a deal lined up last week for Doug Martin, but wanted to wait and see if he's playing or not. Was going to pull the trigger until Alshon got himself suspended so now, I'm not sure if I should go ahead with it anymore... Ideas?

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

@ABforPresident I would not make that trade, I expect Eifert to have a strong finish to the season and Marshall and the Jets are trending down.

I'd consider moving Graham for Marshall but even that feels like overpaying; see if you can target anyone else with one of those two.

4. Kate81

Kate81 Member

There isn't another WR/RB you could trade for?

I would definitely try to trade one of your TEs for I'm against starting two TEs.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Before dealing for WRs, are there any decent WRs on the waiver wires? Guys like Rishard Matthews, Robert Woods, Kenny Stills, Kenny Britt, Anquan Boldin. These should be contributors down the stretch. Maybe some dropped Steve Smith Sr, or Mike Wallace, or Mohammed Sanu or Michael Floyd. Heck, in my league someone dropped Willie Snead (and then boom, he has a good game). Just seems WRs are pretty plentiful.

6. The Stig

The Stig Member

I'm thinking about trying to get Sanu or Woods. They looks pretty good last weekend.

7. NewRoxFan

Sanu is on bye this week. But ROS he is the #2/3 receiver on a team with a huge passing attack. Woods could be good, but if Watkins returns his use will dip significantly. Is Kenny Britt available? Has gotten consistent use all season long, and if Goff does well he could be an upgrade. Also Rishard Mathews is a primary target with a hot QB.

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Traded Crowell for Cobb and Marvin Jones. What do you guys think?

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Need a flex starter: Landry vs LA, Starks vs WSH, or Fitzgerald vs MIN?

10. NewRoxFan

I am going to play Fitzgerald (over Baldwin). Its "homecoming" for Fitzgerald (was a ball boy for the Vikes) and supposedly he is very up for the game. MIN defense has not been as difficult lately, going with the "revenge" play.

houstonstime likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Who woulda thunk department... worried about Miller's shoulder, ankle, OAK stacking the box, altitude, and Texans' record on prime time. So here's the question... start Miller vs OAK or Prosise vs PHI (standard)?

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have to start Dion Lewis, James White, or Thomas Rawls this week. Who should I go with?

13. NewRoxFan

Tough one. Of the three White is the only one who has actually played, at least in the past few months. But even White is a limited role RB. And its likely that Blount has the bulk of touches. Same with Prosise in SEA. But if I had to choose, I'd take a stab with Rawls since he probably gets goal line carries.

14. Garner

Garner Member

Just came here to mourn the loss of AJ Green and my death grip on my league's Championship. Thanks for the 10 weeks, AJ -- You did all you could to secure my 1st place position.

15. NewRoxFan

Weird week. I had picked up Prosise and Wilson on Tuesday. Then dropped Lewis Saturday to add Rawls. All three good moves. Wilson makes up for Rivers who traded for Baldwin. And Rawls rep!aces Prosise. And Rawls helps replace Ajayi, who packaged with Pryor netted me Julio Jones.

So now my QBs are Winston and Wilson, my RBs are Miller, Gordon, Ware, and Rawls. My WRs are Julio, TY, Baldwin, Moncrief, and Fitzgerald, TE is Reed, K is Vinatieri, and DST is Seattle. In my 12 player standard I am second at 8-3. Ready for the playoffs.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Same problem here. No chance in my PPR money league now, after posting the most total league points. I'm going to have to go from Hilton/Robinson/AJG trio to Hilton/Robinson/Ty. Williams or use an RB in the flex (Dion Lewis most likely). Sucks. I might pick up Watkins and cross my fingers.

17. NewRoxFan

It may still work out for you. Hilton is solid, even if they have a tough playoff schedule. ARob appears to be coming back and may be a solid producer for you ROS. And Tyrell Williams has an awesome playoff schedule and if SD receivers continue to get dinged up he may approach AJ numbers. While AJ is match-up proof, he does have tough games in the playoffs.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I hate it when your whole NFL day is ruined 7 minutes into the start of the games. Not only do I own AJ in 3 leagues, I also had quite a bit of him going in DraftKings lineups yesterday.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    My squad of underachievers.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I too had Big Ben, Starks, AJG, Cardinals going in a league. Rob Kelley was chilling on the bench. If Latavius can outscore Amari by 13pts I'll still win though.