1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New York Times: Hillary Clinton illegally used private email for all State Dept. business

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. TheresTheDagger

Who knows what the hell he was thinking. Your theory is as good as any I suppose. One thing for sure, his reputation as a "straight shooter" has been destroyed.

(p.s. Thanks for the support vs. Calurker)

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

But you're no Trump supporter, right?

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not to go back to my quixotic high horse here... and you and I agree on the election overall, but:
    that poster has already said he is voting for Trump over Clinton. He has criticisms of both and seems to prefer Trump. It sounds like it's mainly about the supreme court.

I just think it's bankrupt if we badger people (millions and millions and millions of our fellow Americans) about this vote. The warts of Donald Trump are plain to see, but I honestly don't think we can say all those millions of people are idiots, or racists, or xenophobic, etc. Yes, some Trump supporters are one or all of those. But some supporters are none of those things, even if you and I think they will be on an embarrassing side of history, voting for this candidate at this time.

Nice avatar, BTW.

4. TheresTheDagger

B Bob, you're one of the few people on this board on the left I respect.

As for the VAST majority of the folks on the left that have not just attacked Trump but gone after the other half of the country (like myself) who support him I will never forget what was said of me and folks like me.

Never.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I don't think you're deplorable. Just misguided in your judgment of these two candidates.

Trump is deplorable.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And Clinton is a criminal.

How anyone can truly be for either of these national embarrassments is beyond me.

There is no moral or intellectual high ground here for supporters of either candidate.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good.

Maybe you will learn something?

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well said. THis is one of the biggest things I'm worried about. We're going to have live with people who disagreed with us on the election and many of those will be coworkers, friends, family and others we will have to deal wth on a daily basis. Whoever wins I hope they and their supporters show restraint in victory and whoever loses shows dignity in loss.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would be nice. I will hope.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

My mother went psycho last night about the possibility of Hillary winning. When I told her to calm down because it won't have an effect on her life, she cussed me out, started crying, and went on and on about how Hillary is a satanist.

She texted me an apology this morning.

#2230 CCorn, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

So sad the hate and fear the GOP has ingrained into people's psyche.

just sad

12. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

You still don't get it, do you? It's not WHO are you voting for. It's WHY you are voting for the person.

If you stop parroting the exact lines and arguments from Russian and Chinese state-run media, maybe you wouldn't be confused for one.

But for now, if you walk like a duck, quack like a duck, well....

And if you want to turn America into like Russia or China, guess what? Why wait? You can move there today!

(btw, I seem to recall no shortage of calls by REpubTARDS on these boards that libtards are not American and they should move to France)

I've had my fun with you. Now I understand the raison d'etre of Lil'texxx and Traitor George. And the game is so much easier to play with REpubTARDS.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is the kind of unintelligent nonsense that makes people hate those on the left.

I understand that there is a right wing version of this, but when you drool all over the board with this kind of BS you shouldn't be calling ANYONE else a "tard".

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, that is some serious divisiveness. Sad that it has come to this.

15. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

A lot of people are blind to what's at stake in this election. It sounds like your mother isn't and she gets it. I completely understand where she's coming from, 100%.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Ba-****ing-loney. Every 4 years, it's "this election is the most important in our lifetime." Blah, blah, blah.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Why should I care if hillarys a satanist?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And you hear it from both sides, it's the same BS they use to try and get people to get out and vote. This time around you have 2 easy to hate candidates and so the best play is to hype up how horrible the other candidate is. Unfortunately when there's truly no one to vote FOR, it might not work.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously. I mean, even if that were true, and it likely isn't, that would only be like the 15th worst thing about her.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Forget Clinton- I want this woman as the first President: