1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think they could all suck but I learn toward Eli whose team can't run.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Mariota has had two straight big games and now plays IND.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Here is a different kind of issue I'd like advice from ya'll.

In one of my leagues, a guy picked up a streaming TE and forgot to put him in his lineup since waiver pick ups go straight to the bench. He emails the commissioner and asks to put the TE in his lineup since it was obvious that he was just picked up to put in this week (our second waivers clear Sunday morning). Another guy jumps in in the email thread and asks for the same thing because he forgot to start his kicker. The commish allowed it without really asking the league and it looks like those two decisions will actually change the result of the matchup.

Do you think it's a big deal? I wasn't involved in those match ups so I'm not raising a stink since the people involved seem okay with it, but I think it's BS to give guys a pass for not paying attention.

4. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

Lol you and I both, buddy. Unfortunately for me, that was on both of my money leagues.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

In my opinion that is BS. If you can't pay enough attention to set your lineup, then you can lose the points and GTFO next season.

YOLO likes this.
  6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

@kevC Yeah, anything after the lineup deadline/start of games is BS and shouldn't be allowed, unless it were a scenario where the guy knew he wasn't going to be able to set his lineup after the waiver went through and he explicitly emailed the commish the day or days before and asked him to set it.

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

All right boys, we're getting to the fun part. I'm 7-0, might finally lose this week as my top 2 receivers on bye.

Open:
    WR, WR, and flex

Pick from:
    Will Fuller vs. Det
    Golden Tate @ Hou
    James White @ Buf
    Julian Edelman @ Buf

Waiver wire seems bare, I have a bid on for Asiata but not sure if it's worth it.

8. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Tate, Edelman (who is due) and Fuller.

Even with McKinnon's injury, think he'll be fine and wouldn't waste a bid on Asiata.

9. mulletman

mulletman Member

I have the #2 waiver this week. Which of these would you want the most for the rest of the season in a non-ppr league? Thanks to injuries, I need help at both WR and RB...

Moncrief, IND
    Rawls, SEA
    Adams, GB
    Asiata, MIN

10. NewRoxFan

I picked up Moncrief two weeks ago, and he will practice Wednesday. He should be a strong WR2 at IND. He'd be my first choice on your list. If you need a WR this week, Adams is WR3 with Rodgers coming off a big game. Asiata if you need a RB, as it appears McKinnon might be out. Even if McKinnon is playing Asiata is the end zone RB.

A few others that might be on your waiver wire are Chris Thompson of WAS, had 9 and 12 carries the last two weeks. Kenny Stills of MIA is worth considering (but MIA is on bye). As is Russell Shepard of Tampa Bay (games against OAK and ATL and Evans draws the best corners).

mulletman likes this.
  11. JTQ

JTQ Member

Dontae Booker RB in Denver with CJ Anderson out a few weeks or even possible for the season.... the pickup of the day

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Cobb
    McKinnon
    Fuller
    James White

I need one of these to play this week, Im leaning Cobb

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Drafted him in the latter rounds in a 12 teamer and had him stashed. Good timing too since McCoy has been banged up.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

So I got tired of waiting for M Bennett to have another game so I decided to go to C Brate but then Barnidge became available. So now I have all three on my roster lol. Not sure which one of those three I should go to. Bennett goes against the Bills, Brate goes against the Raiders, and Barnidge against the jets. It is not a PPR league or the easy choice would have been Brate.

15. NewRoxFan

They keep saying Brate schedule is a positive and that he is the second target after Evans, but last week he had minimal targets and points. I think Russell Shepard is Winston's second target ROS. I'd look at CJ versus DET if he is available. I have Doyle in reserve but KC appears to be tough vs TEs and Moncrief might take targets if he plays. Actually leaning now to Reed assuming he is cleared to play.

16. The Stig

The Stig Member

Matt Jones out for the weekend. Get Rob Kelley while you can.

McNultyisDrunk likes this.
  17. Nimo

Nimo Member

CJ is available but I don't know how to feel about anybody on the Texans offense right now

18. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Thanks for the laugh. CJ is viable in maybe a 32 team league.

19. NewRoxFan

DET defense isn't very good and if the Brock Ness Monster is going to get numbers this is a good one to get them. CJ had a bad day against DEN but everyone has a bad game vs DEN passing defense. CJ is getting decent targets the last 4 weeks (5, 8, 7, 7) He had 10, 6 and 14 fantasy points the three games leading into the DEN game. Prior to this season I was not a fan of CJ at all, but among the usual TE streams (Brate, Pitta, Clay, Tamme, etc) he is getting about the same or better numbers than any of them.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

TE is such a crapshoot position in standard. Totally dependent on TDs unless you have Gronk, Reed, or Olsen. Much easier to stream in PPR where you don't need to rely on TDs.

The DFS model I subscribe to lists these TEs as the best plays this week: Keep in mind this is based on ROI, not overall points.

1.) Brate
    2.) Fleener
    3.) Ebron
    4.) Clay
    5.) Gates
    6.) Barnidge
    7.) CJ

Someone is going to win a million bucks this week by not playing Devontae Booker.