1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Maybe he isn't healthy, but it seems like he's losing snaps at an alarming rate.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Looks like its possible that I will get to at least play Blount (unfortunately, the commissioner seems new and is unclear on this). Here's what the "trade pending" notification:

I have Blount vs CLE in my starting lineup (RB2, with Gordon RB1, Miller as Flex). I am hoping that since other owner already played Fitzgerald Thursday night and I have Blount in my starting lineup, the trade becomes official Week 6. The commissioner seems to agree with my interpretation. Hope Yahoo doesn't automatically moves the player Saturday.

3. NewRoxFan

New question... what are folks thoughts on streaming backup QB. Currently want to avoid Rivers facing DEN Week 6 and cover the bye on week 11. I drafted Mariota for those reason (he faces CLE week 6 and IND week 11). But he has been a dud this year. So I can replace him with Alex Smith (OAK, TB), Cousins (PHI, GB), Palmer (NYJ, MIN), or Osweiller (IND, OAK).

Or, should I simply drop Mariota to gain a roster spot and stream QBs for those two weeks?

4. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Drop him and stream. Play Cousins.

5. NewRoxFan

Thanks... I did drop him last night. I forgot SD plays DEN twice still (weeks 6, 8) and bye week 11. Since Cousins plays PHI and CIN weeks 6 and 8 (week 11, vs GB looked good). while Smith plays weak passing defenses OAK (worst vs pass), IND, and TB those three weeks he looks at least safe. I can drop him after next week anyway if I need the space. This past week we had a run on decent QB FA signings (Flacco, Hoyer, Winston) so I worried about streaming. Just happy to drop Mariota... had some hopes of him based on last year, but he has been horrible.

6. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Need to Pick up a QB in place of Cam.
    Fitzpatrick at Pit
    Tannehill vs Ten
    Derek Andersen vs TB

I'm partially inclined to go with DA, as TB kinda sucks at D and he played well in the 4th last week. Thoughts?

7. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

For sure, at worst that would make for an exciting Monday night of watching football (if QB spot even made a big week 5 score difference in the end)

8. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Nevermind

#568 ron413, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  9. NewRoxFan

Fitz might have a 300/2 TD game but I like the gamble that Anderson also has a 300 yard game on Monday night against an easier defense than PIT. Plus many believe "Pickzpatrick" will continue to throw INTs... at least I hope he does since I am starting PIT.

10. NewRoxFan

Speaking of PIT DST, I just took a gamble that I hope wasn't foolish and pays off over time. The Seattle DST dropped them this week due to the bye (instead of some less valuable player) and I have been looking at it every day sitting there. I drafted DST with my last pick, so I have been streaming between PIT, MIA, and BAL so far. One week I did ok with 12 pts, but most times I get between 5-10 and last week I had 1pt. So it was sure calling to me... add me, add me.

So I dropped what I think is my least valuable player (Mike Wallace) and added SEA. I planned on dropping Wallace in a few weeks anyway to get a replacement TE when Reed is on bye. I have only started Wallace twice, one week he got 15 pts, and the other he got be 3.9 so I don't think it will be that big a loss. And hopefully SEA provides some consistent scoring for me ROS since I don't have to worry about byes. And next week Larry Fitzgerald joins my team (for Blount) along with TY Hilton, Sterling Shepard, Tyrell Williams, and Terrelle Pryor. And after week 11 I can drop my backup QB (Alex Smith) to add a 6th WR.

So, did I do something really dumb?

#570 NewRoxFan, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  11. NewRoxFan

Hope someone sees and answers before game time: uncertain on my flex start: Lamar Miller or Terrelle Pryor. Understand MIN defense is tough, Miller hasn't score d aTD, etc. Also Belicheat gameplans against opponents number 1 weapon, NE hasn't given up a big game to WR, etc.

Who to start?

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Watch for high winds in Baltimore-Washington and Miami-Ten. Downgrade passing and kickers. Upgrade running and defense

13. NewRoxFan

DST streamers that jumped onto MIA should do well, eh? Unfortunately, I switched from BAL to PIT with hope Pickzpatrick throws a few more...

14. NewRoxFan

btw, Moes... thoughts on starting Miller or Pryor? I think Miller is safer at least with carries to get me at least 10pts, where Pryor has chance of getting bigger numbers but could also get below 10.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

PPR league have to bench one of these guys :

A. Cooper, E. Sanders, J. Landry, T. Gurley, J. Howard

Leaning towards benching Cooper or Sanders. What say you?

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think you play Pryor for ceiling and Miller for floor. Not a fan of either matchup.

17. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Either Tannehill or DA.

Don't play Fitz, this is not the week where he has a clean game. INTs are coming.

18. NewRoxFan

Thanks... and agree, my toughest week decision. I will go with floor.

19. NewRoxFan

Already regretting my decision. :(

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

went with bennett. y'all are no help :p;)