1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, some solace in the Cardinals game... Larry Fitzgerald only was 5/62 with no TDs... and I had good news in San Diego (Rivers 20.8 pts, Gordon 17.9 pts) and my only bad performances were Blount and BAL DST. So despite my opponent having Bortles and Elliot an easy win.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Need a huge Odell game tomorrow night, therefore I probably will not get a huge Odell game.

3. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Y'all know who leads the league in rushing?

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Whoever runs behind the Cowboys OL!

5. tmacfor35

Ben Rothlisberger and Julio Jones won some guys a fantasy game tonight.

Gese....

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

400 yards through week 4 with 2 tds does not project to the numbers you're estimating. Still got a very long way to go

7. tmacfor35

Oh I'm sorry.

400x4 does not equal 1600

Move on.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not really how it works in fantasy fball but ok. I guess L. Blount is about to get just as much then

9. tmacfor35

Blount is not going to get as much because Brady is going to come back and they are short pass happy when he is at QB.

Apples to Orange conversation and once again you bring zero logic.

I could argue that Elliot will have more yards than the predicted 1600, but I won't because he is a rookie.

I could make the argument he is gelling and getting better behind that OL every week.

Barring injury, Elliot is going to have a huge year.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

never said he wasn't going to have a good year but i would still take the under on the numbers projected which is what the original discussion that had nothing to do with you in the first place. once again you want to pop your head and act like everything is set so early in an nfl season. I've done this long enough to realize its rare to see things go accordingly. Extremely rare.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well I was totally wrong about Hopkins having the big game, but it seems like everyone else got up some nice numbers while Lamar Miller did the exact same 80 yard 0 TD thing.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I need Diggs and McKinnon to NOT combine for 32 points. Come on... Giants D!

13. tmacfor35

Titans defense was good and it's evident that teams are going to take away Hop until Brock learns to stop forcing that ball in there.

Texans offense showed signs of being able to run the ball this week so that trends the arrow up a little more for Miller going forward.

14. tmacfor35

Giants have the ability to drop 7 back and let the D-line control the offensive line.

Should be able to slow him down.

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Anyone here into dynasty ff?
    Miller has been consistent, and the touchdowns should start picking up eventually

16. tmacfor35

I think one thing that hurts us is that Miller's vision is suspect.

Foster was incredible in the endzone because he flat out took advantage of over aggressive defenses.

17. NewRoxFan

Ugh, first week in a while where I am faced with some ugly choices. My RBs are Miller vs MIN, Gordon vs OAK, and Blount vs CLE (Ware on bye, Dixon stashed vs WAS). Miller has been a pretty consistent 10 or more points each week, but MIN defense is so tough I am seriously looking at sitting Miller. Is this the correct decision?

My WRs are Hilton vs CHI, Shepard vs PIT, Pryor vs NE, Tyrell Williams vs OAK, and Wallace vs WAS. While none of my WRs had great games, at least Pryor had the best this past week, but thinking NE is tough enough, smart enough to take CLE's best option, and mad about the BUF loss to not play Pryor. So thinking Hilton (rebound from a quiet performance vs NO) and Williams. And maybe Shepard as Flex.

But looking for advice on which five (two RBs, two WRs, one Flex) from list above? Thanks in advance.

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Choose one:

Riddick vs PHI
    Edelman @ CLE
    Fuller @ MIN

19. NewRoxFan

Edelman vs CLE. Lots of targets now that Brady is back.

20. NewRoxFan

OK, back to looking at moving Blount. I believe I could still get the Blount for Fitzgerald trade... but with Stantaon likely starting, and then a bye week, its would be hard waiting for a return. So here's another possibility:

My Blount plus my Wallace for his Baldwin (bye this week) plus his RB. His backup RBs are really bad (actually, his only good starter is CMike) so who would be the best choice for me from: DeAngelo Williams, or Derrick Henry, or Dwayne Washington? Just need a body that could play with the chance of upside.