1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Jonathan Stewart also got hurt

2. Pete the Cheat

I have top waiver position...wondering what the boards thoughts are on best long term value based on this weeks injuries at RB?

Christine Michael is already claimed, and I am assuming Melvin Gordon is going to eat up most of the touches left from losing Woodhead

Currently weighing options between McKinnon, Whittaker and Riddick...

will obviously have to keep an eye our for how serious the injuries are today.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Danny woodhead out for the season

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And McCown out... so USC rookie Cody Kessler starts at QB for CLE against MIA.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Damn. Corey Coleman's stock rises and falls within 24 hours.

I'd probably hold on Melvin Gordon and Travis Benjamin now. They are both going to get a hell of a lot more usage.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I have abdullah considering dropping him for either fizzy Whitaker or crowell.

Who would you rather have crowell or Whitaker, or just hold out on abdullah?

7. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would you drop Dwayne Allen for Dennis Pitta? I'm annoyed by Jack Doyle and the Colts in general.

Also, moes, as a Raiders fan - WTF is up with Latavius Murray having to share the backfield?

8. NewRoxFan

Seems TE's suck in general. Olson, Pitta, even Jacob Tamme are getting points. But Jordan Reed and Dwayne Allen? Doyle seems to be getting the targets that Allen would/should have gotten. Even Reed only had 7 targets yesterday. Caught 5, but only gets you 70 yards.

I hope I can trade one (Allen)... and then stream the rest of the season.

9. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Most of my RBs got hit with the injury plague this weekend. Should I trade Edelman or Snead for Langford or Tevin Coleman? I have AB, Brandon Marshall, and Fitzgerald so Edelman and Snead have been rotting on my bench.

Thinking Snead for Langford right now.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I mean he's at least scored on the ground in 2 straight.

Hard to stick to the run when your defense is in shambles. They started off this way last season too though, trying to scheme one way and getting destroyed by TEs over the middle.

Teams know they have no linebackers that can cover worth a ****. I thought they would need some time to become cohesive but I really didn't expect them to be giving up 500 yards per game.

11. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

What you guys think of this trade..
    Receiving: Arob and Gio
    Sending: Tyrrell Williams and Maclin

Am I thinking too much into this?

12. 523744

523744 Member

Should I trade Dez Bryant for Larry Fitzgerald straight up??

I play in .5 ppr league and my other two WRs are Alshon Jeffrey and Kelvin Benjamin.

Thanks for the help in advance!

13. NewRoxFan

The team I am playing is being forced to play Fuller and Sharpe for the first week due to injuries (Baldwin, Moncrief) so I will need to get production from my WRs.

Which 3 to start: Shepard vs WAS, Hilton vs SD, Wallace vs JAC, Tyrell Williams vs IND, or Lockett vs SF?

All the receivers seem to be going against favorable defenses (especially Hilton, Williams, Lockett). And Hilton, Williams, and Lockett all seem to be helped by injured teammates (Moncrief, Woodhead, Baldwin). My concern is that Hilton and Lockett haven't had an TDs yet, and Wallace has had three the last two weeks and Shepard is really efficient with his targets.

Any and all advise would be appreciated!

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Absolutely not. Never sell low. Wait for dez and dak to get situated they made a vast improvement from week 1 to 2. Also if/when romo comes back he will have high potential.

Larry is getting older and shares a talented received corps, whereas dez is the only true threat Dallas has at catching the ball. He will start getting touchdown looks in the red zone.

15. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You take that and run.

16. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Michael Crabtree or Julian Edelman?

17. thething

thething Contributing Member

I'd go with Hilton, Shepard, and Wallace. Seattle's offense looks bad so far. And San Diego's offense should be worse without Woodhead and Allen. Give Lockett and Williams another week to prove their value before using them.

18. The Stig

The Stig Member

Crabtree. Who's playing QB in New England again?

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Maybe Edelman. :)

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Possibly Garoppolo.