1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Ben Affleck's Batman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think the part in the very beginning where Bruce fell into the well and then all the bats came together and transformed into the batsuit and then Batman flew away.

SwoLy-D likes this.
  2. Caesar

Caesar Member

This film was in the works before Afflecks performance or being cast. A new Batman movie was going to be made no matter what.

But yeah, i didn't mean to do Batman Beyond now. I meant after The Nolan trilogy as Man OF Steel was being made before they were even going to make a shared universe. I think what they are doing with Wonder Woman is what should have been done with Superman. Give him a trilogy where he's like the first superhero in the 50's or something and then do a Batman Beyond in the future just to show something different, and then after that go with a pre Beyond where older Batman and older slow aging Superman fight. Then start all the solo movies of the Justice League members with 3 JL movies in between all those solo movies. It's like a patient 10+ year plan, but that's exactly what Marvel did. They were patient with their team ups. WB went straight for the money from the get go and it's hurting them.

I am excited for this Batfleck film though. I was one of the few of my friends that liked his casting from the get go and he didn't disappoint. He's a damn good director and writer as well!

Whatever happens, i hope Snyder is out. Let someone else take the reigns over the 3rd Superman movie if there is one and let Affleck or Ayer do the team up movies or follow the Star Wars plan of having 3 different directors for 3 different JL movies.

Is it really? I only watched like the first 3 episodes when the show started and never watched again. Is it worth a watch? I like the Fash. Don't care for Arrow. I'm just not that big a fan of cheap network tv shows.

3. i3artow i3aller

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/162717895" width="500" height="500" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/162717895">

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Good choice on the villain and actor.

A shame Ron Perlman is a little to long in the tooth otherwise he would have been great, at least he was great on Teen Titans....

6. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Affleck posted this to his twitter back on Aug. 29th

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/0NsNzCtGip">https://t.co/0NsNzCtGip</a></p>&mdash; Ben Affleck (@BenAffleck) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenAffleck/status/770259217940746245">August 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I low key believe this. Brett is a fame w**** but an active gay in the Hollywood 'pink mafia' and gays love to gossip.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The movie won't even start shooting for another 5 months. I love the 3rd hand script comments. LOL. Come on.

9. 713

713 Member

It's pretty evident after Suicide squad and BVS, that Warner Bros will step in and make the movie worst. So I guess they do care.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

DCEU slowly unraveling. Get Uwe Boll, Tommy Wiseau or the lesser Paul Anderson on the phone ASAP.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Is this necessarily a bad thing? I'm not so sure.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

yes it means the movie has real problems and he doesn't want the headache and blame. No one blamed him for BvS

Tha_Dude likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think it's pretty safe to not expect anything great from dceu, although i did enjoy superman begins and bvs. the studio seems like lost.

maybe they should give the dc rights to pixar. combine the awesome dc animation scripts with pixar's awesome cgi.

15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

That's pretty much what I gathered from it too. They put him on a very short leash and want to reserve the right to come in and tear it apart if they don't like certain aspects of it.

Don't get me wrong, I've never been an Affleck fan in most of the movies he's made or acted in. But, his portrayal of Batman was the best I've seen anyone do and he is a comic book nerd and he knows the content very well. He probably felt a little disrespected and didn't want to have his name associated with something he felt wasn't genuine.

16. Buck Turgidson

He's only the star and an exec producer, I'm sure he'll have no creative input and nobody will associate him with the film.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This was the only DCU movie I was really looking forward to, now I'm kind meh about it. They just don't seem to know what they are doing. The entire thing just feels rushed and cobbled together. It's kind of ridiculous that they are actually doing a Justice League movie, and only Superman has gotten his own movie so far. And Batman, easily their most bankable and important character, still doesn't have a solid release date, or a script apparently. Establishing Batfleck should have been priority one for the DC universe. Then he goes after Superman, then they form the justice league. And how in the hell is Suicide Squad out before all of the hero movies?

Serioulsy, one really good Batman movie would have won a ton of trust with the public, then set them up to make one of the biggest blockbusters ever when he went head to head with Superman. Instead we got one mediocre, overstuffed movie, when they had solid material for 3 really good movies.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh dear! I hope this won't effect the 9 sequels they probably already had lined up!

#58 J Sizzle, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    SwoLy-D likes this.
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He has been a pretty good director. So far he is 3/4 on his films.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm okay with this. If Affleck being director means he can't devote his time 100% to give us the Batman we saw in BvS then I would rather have someone else direct it.