1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Victor, Frankenstein: 2/10... Pretty poor all around, I don't know what they were thinking, and thought they missed an opportunity at the end to have Frankenstein born while watching his creator die, translating to monstrosity.

The Pyramid: 2/10.. Another monstrosity. There was possibility here for a good movie as the plot of a death trap pyramid slowly unveiled could actually work out, but it was like they tried to blend a found footage film with a third person film. What on earth. I liked the blonde girl which is why I watched it. Rest of cast sucked donkey. Horrendous.

2. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Sausage Party. Well, I would give it a high score for originality. Not nearly as high of a score for entertainment value, but there were definitely some funny parts. It's nice to see an original idea turned into a movie in Hollywood in the era of sequels and rehashed ideas. However, I'm not sure how good the idea for the movie was. 4/9. You'll want to get high as a kite before you see this one. I wish I would have.

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Brothers Grimsby: 8.5/10 probably a 10/10 had I had some drinks.

Definitely didn't expect it to be that over the top. Some of the most disgusting and over the top scenes of any movie I have ever seen. Don't go into this expecting The Dictator. It was insane and ridiculous and it tried to be and it was glorious. I will never look at Mark Strong the same way again, I think he became one of my favorite actors. I also have the sense of humor of a 14 year old so that probably helped.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Saw the Grudge again since last time I saw it I was too young to appreciate a good horror movie.

8.5/10. A very well made and underrated horror movie, endless pop ups, very eerie and disturbing setting all movie long. That being said, I've never watched Ju On and I heard it's much better.

Viral 7.5/10: Movie was awesome towards the beginning, dragged a little towards the end. What I like is that it's probably the most realistic movie in terms of what would happen if a zombie-like virus would spread.

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Kubo and the Two Strings was pretty amazing. Animation is so rich and full of detail. Music and story are on point and the humor is not overwhelming. It's definitely a movie that can appeal to kids and adults.

8/10

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Batman vs superman - 3/10. What a turd

7. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Jason Bourne 7/10

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Suicide Squad 4/10

Really hard to like any of the characters besides Harley Quinn from the suicide sqaud. Was never really a fan of the comics. They just seem to be a random group of low level villains, in which they are. The ese? Come on... Terrible Plot, horrible directing. They fight a witch that in her half form could go steal top secret info from another country in 2 seconds but cant take on some week squad that really doesnt have any powers in her full form? GTFO of here.

Margot Robbie played a great Harley. That girl is just foine. I didnt like the casting of the black lady that played the cia person either; something about her just pisses me off with the way she looks.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I recently saw this as well. I thought the first 2/3 of the movie was very boring. In fact I fell asleep twice trying to watch it. The last 1/3 of the movie though was pretty awesome. I'm not into the comics so the whole Wonder Woman thing caught me off guard. She was great.

I'd rate at 6.5/10.

10. SleepyRodriguez

Trumbo
    8/10
    Amazing acting all over the place. Anytime I can watch John Goodman threaten a man with a baseball bat it usually means I am grinning like a fool. Cranston was awesome and the actors that played John Wayne and Kirk Douglas were eerily accurate in their respective portrayal. I abhorred Helen Mirren's character which is compliment to her acting prowess. LOUIS CK basically played himself which gave me so many laughs. Overall a great film! Highly recommend.

11. Bob Barker 007

Interested in Hell or High Water and Anthropoid, which are both limited releases. Has anyone seen those two movies, which are currently in limited release?

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Kubo and the Two Strings - 8/10

Nice eye candy. A sentimental story told with a light touch.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

How to Tell You're a Douchebag - 8/10

High quality, independent Black Cinema. Not all that common these days.

14. Bob Barker 007

Hell or High Water - 4.75/5.00. Has to be one of my favorites of the year.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The action was good. I wished I would have dozed a few time early on because during those cool action scenes all I could think about was " how and why did we get to this point ?"

16. PhiSlammaJamma

The Intern 4/10: I think I want to puke. Sobby nonsense. Could not connect to it. While the message is clear that experience matters, much rather would have a twist at the end where DeNiro f's everyone in the ass and takes over the company through the devious plot to become an intern and turn it back into a phone book company. Think they wasted DeNiro by making him an old fogy which he did deliver on. For some reason I like this Adam Devine guy from Pitch Perfect though.

17. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Saw this on Wednesday. FANTASTIC.

It's deliberately paced, really well acted. I didn't know Chris Pine had it in him and Ben Foster and Jeff Bridges were just amazing. Bridges performance was just... real. It was great.

Layered into that was some truly tense moments and surprising bursts of violence.

9.0/10

18. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Ben Foster is one of my favorite actors. Check him out in 3:10 to Yuma. Dude got skills.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This is on my list to see

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Of course I agree with you on Margot Robbie. But, really...."the black lady"? :) You haven't seen Viola Davis before "Suicide Squad"?