1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Comic Book Cinema] DC's Suicide Squad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

He was an Executive Prod. on this movie.

Like I said. WB/DC stepped in too late to really fix this film. Zach Snyder is on Directing JL because of timing. They have others guiding the film, so it won't be the same. After the JL, Snyder is done. Wonder Woman has Snyder listed as a writer and a producer.....but he had little to do with that production...more of the "story by" role. Other writers got screenplay credits.

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

What ass? Don't get me wrong, she's beautiful but she has no ass at all.

3. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

It baffles my mind how people can hate this movie and then claim to like the Marvel ones. They look like low budget TV episodes in comparison. And their plots are not any less full of plot holes.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Preface: I'm not a fan of superhero movies and never bought into the hype

It was aight, definitely not as bad as some made it seem though I'd much rather watch Fury Road for the umpteenth time, haha

Bottomline, don't go out of your way

[​IMG]

Also, Palladium was nice.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

LMAO, what a bunch of tryhards

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I haven't seen the movie yet but I remember reading, shortly after Deadpool, that the studies made the Suicide Squad director re-shoot a lot of scenes to add more comedy. They thought Deadpool was a good model for how their movie should be. When I read that, I remember thinking that they might be ruining a good movie.

I'm still looking forward to seeing it but concerned that I will come away from the movie feeling the same way when I came away from Batman vs Superman. Great idea for a movie but really poor execution.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm still a firm believer that the movie currently out in theatres is not Ayer's original dark movie but rather WBs re-edited and re-shot mess they made him do after BvS came out. I hope we get to see the former in the blu-ray release.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

PG-13 movies have a very short 'dark' ceiling.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I will be seeing it Sunday.
    I think with the lowered expectations I will enjoy it.
    I don't go into movies expecting everything to be the BEST EVAH!!
    If i am entertained. . .2 hours to turn the brain off . . it will be ok
    but
    Some movies don't even reach that low bar.

Rocket River

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I liked it, but Joker was the worst part of it. Such a weird take on the character. I don't claim to have read every Batman comic or anything, but it wasn't a Joker I recognized. Mark Hamill and Heath Ledger's versions were both far superior. Nicolson and Romero even were better.

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

It's weird the joker is an OTT character yet he went too far somehow. He went full Simple Jack

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Kevin Smith loved it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b9qlatBqfU0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I'm a HUGE batman fan. LOVE the Joker character. But damn this movie disappointed. The Leto-Joker was horrible, and such little air time compared to the hype it was getting. Margot Robbie and Will Smith totally delivered and carried the film

That being said, I heard they cut A LOT of parts out and even Leto is pissed about it.

6/10

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Every crap movie that comes out and the director screams "Director's Cut!!!". Ridley has been doing it for years.

15. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

The editing in this movie was sloppy. The whole thing seemed disjointed and awkwardly stitched together. Enchantress was a weird villain. Will Smith was a horrible casting choice (I cringed at the "Y'all jokers must be crazy!" line).

They had a wonderful opportunity to reveal a surprising/different character in a cameo scene when they had the squad extracting the top secret person (HTV1 or whatever it was), but instead it turned out to be
    Waller
    ??

6/10

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When is the last time you ever heard Kevin Smith bash a comic book movie the first time he talks about it after seeing it?

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It's too bad the Deadshot mask was too small to fit over Will Smith's ego.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I think BvS.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, his first review of BvS was very positive, he eventually criticized it a bit later on, but he's basically a fluffer for movies when he gives his first review. It's understandable though given the line of work he's in and how much he's been bashed by critics over the years. He never wants to be critical of other directors.