1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's back problen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Looks like this is going to be a gamble no matter which team signs him.

If the team is afraid of his health issue and only wants to sign him short term (one-year), he will demand a big contract on an open market if he plays well. If the team wants to lock him up with big money now, the risk is huge.

But DMo probably won't take a long term lowball contract. If no team is offering him a big one, he will just take the QO and bank on proving himself.

My guess is, he will get either a short and cheap one or negotiate for a longer medium size contract (lower than his market value with good health) so that he gets the security and the team does not take on too much of a risk.

If Codman's info is accurate, the Rockets seem to try to go the latter route.

2. koby1868

koby1868 Member

100% wrong. Rubio would be a great fit.

3. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

I remember when I had a back problen problem. A strained/pulled problen can be difficult to recover from.

4. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Rubio cant shoot and cant defend. How is he an upgrade over Bev? Harden has the ball most of the time anyway. Whats Rubio's value for the team?

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL... Rubio can't defend? Which player are you talking about? As much as I ridicule and despise the idea of Rubio playing on the same team as Harden, D is one of the few things Rubio actually DOES do well.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well we will just have to disagree - Rubio would suck here in Houston - he needs the ball and Harden will have it.

DD

7. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Rubio and Dmo...hasn't it all been said?

How does Tracy McGrady fit into all this?

8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

He should have to prove himself somehow before getting a contract. Not happy about potentially paying for the gimpy version of DMo from last year. I don't care if proving himself is a risk. That's how I would see it if my opinion mattered.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think that is how the Rockets see it too, and with RFA, I think DMo will have to sign the QO or the team oriented deal for a little more than the QO....RFA is what it is.

DD

10. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

All we need is a high shot volume very low percentage, low efficiency point guard... Are you serious??

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Do not allow another thread to derail into Rubio foolishness. Trolls are out in force this season trying to inundate threads with Rubio non-sense.