1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Rockets sign Pablo Prigioni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Jul 13, 2016.

1. J Hard

J Hard Member

This signing was for all the soft white fans wanting to see someone like them.

Will be very irrelevant here.

2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Pablo is what he is. A fundamentally sound ball handler, passer and defender. He shoots ok, but he's A+ locker room presence, cheerleader on the bench and break in case of injury PG.

I like the signing.

3. dwhite

dwhite Member

4. AkeemOlaDROwon

I knew we signed him before Woj. Saw him at Luby's off Westheiner rockin Steph Curry's new shoe and a Life Alert. Maybe Pepsi could save some money. He could be in those Kyrie Irving "Uncle Drew" commercials and not wear makeup.

1 person likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We always have a soft spot in our hearts for super duper cheerleaders riding the pine.

Signed, Brian Cook

6. dwhite

dwhite Member

Heard Prigs is a grandfather....anyone know if that is true?

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

looks like the clips upgraded their backup pg hole with felton. Don't know why morey prefer prig over a much younger felton.

Ahhh that's right, cause Prg's more familiar with the rockets' system.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I have read this ("Prigioni familiar with Rockets system") a few times... but is that true? The Rockets have implemented a significantly different system since he player here and I am not sure but I don't think he was at NY when D'Antini was there...

9. craguin

craguin Member

Prigioni didn't play for D'Antoni...

Mar 15, 2012 - Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni resigns

Jul 24 2012 - Knicks sign point guard of Argentina's national team

10. ballgame

ballgame Member

^^^These are the type of individuals who do not know how to build a team! The best deals or FAs are made after the higher priced FAs have signed. If what dwight is saying is true about Cyberx saying IT was offered for Terrence Jones and Morey didn't take the offer, then that's on Morey too.

I have ALWAYS said, Morey is too analytical and since he does not have a true basketball background, he has NO idea of how to construct a roster......THE RECENT PABLO SIGNING IS PROOF! It makes 100%, absolute, NO earthly sense what so ever! And anyone on this board who backs this decision is just as off base as Morey.

All I'm hearing is he plays good defense and he is a good locker room presence. People, at 40 yrs old, who is he going to guard???? And as far as a locker room presence, isn't that's what Nene and Ariza is for??? Older players who can let younger players know the pitfalls of the NBA Season, what to look far, etc? All you need is two.

This signing should have been Felton, Chalmers, etc. at the least. But as Verbal Christ was saying, it's July and maybe Morey was going on Vacation and he wanted to complete the roster before he left. It's only a backup PG spot.:rolleyes:

11. Houston79Astro

Your right Felton would of turned this franchise around... Pablo had the highest floor of any of the remaining free agents we could of signed. He also has a lower ceiling, that even an ant couldn't crawl under.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm impressed that signing a 39 year old third string guard could create 14 pages of conversation.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ask yourself about superstar players Lin and DMo.

14. Remlap

Remlap Member

LOL. He's SUCH a game changer.
    Lebron, Durant, Curry, Felton. . . .

15. ImMikeV

ImMikeV Member

I just got depressed after watching that. I can't believe how we went from such an exciting team to watch to the **** show we were last year.

16. basketballholic

Pablo is a 40-year-old Ricky Rubio.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Agreeable observation. Both ought to be backups for the vet min.

18. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Me too

19. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Wow, this is an 11 page thread on Pablo Prigioni. Do you guys have jobs or girlfriends or anything like that?

20. basketballholic

LOL. Pablo was one of the top point guards in the world at 26. #ufunnythough