1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

No, you don't need to do anything special. If they were always 3 paws (like they are at my office) they probably aren't close to you. It doesn't help the servers are constantly having issues and at times that can leave you with Pokemon showing near you, but not really there.

2. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Servers only go down when I'm about to catch a legit pokemon. I had a Taurus and a Pigeot in my sights, had them in the pokeball and then the little thing in the top left just kept spinning. Main reason I was upset was because of all the pokeballs I previously used.

I work in the Wiliams tower. Sometimes I'll just leave my phone on, and the character will move since it isn't getting a good GPS signal. It logs it in as walking and helps to hatch the eggs.

3. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

You can use an incense to draw pokemon near you. I did this while walking my dog. I got a lot, but nothing huge.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I have a couple eggs...there is actually a use for them? I thought it was just something you pick up in the game and get XP.

5. juicystream

Click Pokemon. Click Eggs. Click on the Egg, put it in an incubator. Walk the assigned number of kilometers (2-10) and you will get a new Pokemon.

BTW, they say driving doesn't hatch eggs, but you can drive slower. I'm not sure the exact speed, but I stay under 20 in residential areas to hatch eggs.

6. rezdawg

Lol, my neighbors are going to think Im crazy as I just drive up and down the street waiting for the eggs to hatch :grin:

7. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Lol! And you have to drive slow to trick the app you walking. Slow creeper style...

8. juicystream

One of my neighbors was doing yard work late at night. He had to think it was strange to see someone walking up and down the street constantly turning around while looking at their phone the whole time.

They would have really panicked if they looked outside at 1am last night as I drove slowly down the road, sometimes stopping in front of houses as I'm catching Pokemon.

9. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Caught 32 today, plus 2 eggs hatched. I saw 3 on the nearby screen that I don't have, but couldn't get them to pop up. I drove around my neighborhood in different directions hoping to get closer, but they stayed at 3 footprints. The only 1 I recognized by the shadow/silhouette was Kadabra. He was 1 footprint away from me, then disappeared.

edit- I looked at a chart and 1 of the others that were on my nearby screen was possibly a Ditto. Looked just like him. I was at Chick-Fil-A on hwy 6 and 1092 when I saw it.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I've been reading people speculate 15 mph or slower registers as walking. Some say 10.

I live near like 6 Pokestops, so nightly I just walk with my girlfriend from stop to stop and we hatch an egg a night. It's been fun, it also gives me an excuse to not watch TV.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

What are yall's pokedex looking like? I've caught 57, seen 57.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Wow, South Park got it right. Err'body be addicted to Japanese Pokemon now. Hide your kids, hide your wives, hide your pets! The Pokemon takeover has begun.

Just wait until everyone starts walking into the sea looking for whatever because the app told them there were "BIG REWARDS" waiting for them...just beyond the Great White Shark.

hai domo arigato

14. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

59/59.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It's 12.5MPH. Faster than that and the incubator stops working.

17. rezdawg

Im catching 100% of them too.

1/1

:grin:

18. VanityHalfBlack

The fact that people are going to the holocaust museum and catching Pokemon got to be the funniest **** I've read all year. Is it offensive? You pay to go in the damn museum, you make money and profit. Not that big of a deal.

19. VanityHalfBlack

It started with the anime phenomenon. Hell, I'll go back to Nintendo days as the birth of the craze.

20. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

They've been going to the actual concentration camps. I've been there, and didn't even want to take a picture in the place, so I definitely don't mind them saying not to play pokemon go.