1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 30, 2016.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 2, 2016.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.1%
  2. Warriors in 5

12.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

30.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

9.5%
  5. Cavs in 7

14.0%
  6. Cavs in 6

25.7%
  7. Cavs in 5

0.5%
  8. Cavs in 4

3.2%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Joakim Noah has called Lebron a b**** on numerous occasions. Did he come out publicly to the media to this degree about it? Nope. And im sure he heard worse on the court. Again, using his personal life to save face for his overreaction while losing game 4 is just plain sad.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Last year during R2, Game 3, Joakim Noah said something similar and Lebron had pretty much the exact same response in the postgame presser:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/lebron-james-joakim-noah-trash-talk-cavs-bulls

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

And Noah didn't respond by saying what Lebron said to him first right after the dunk. That's how its supposed to be as a player. You leave it on the court

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Here's Marion in 2011:

[youtube]0Cbt2UXgB2M[/youtube]

Here's Noah:

[youtube]-osb6ztv94k[/youtube]

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Vertical Sources: Golden State guard Ian Clark has been informed he'll be on inactive list tonight in Game 5 of the Finals.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/742432878177308673">June 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. verysimplejason

If somehow McAdoo pans out as good replacement to Green to GS smallball lineup tonight, we're seeing another good piece to their system.

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Lol, is that what you think he did? LeBron whined to bring attention to Green hitting him in the groin, since the league and the media apparently have no issue ignoring the things he's been doing. So he made it into a story. It's not like he can go up there and say "I tried to bait him into picking up another flagrant and it worked".

Team GS seems to cry a lot (his teammates, Curry's wife, Klay's dad).

8. Icehouse

Part of competing is keeping your composure and not getting yourself kicked out of games. Ask Dwight Howard. They have rules for a reason. Players shouldn't be able to just ignore them, even if they've been letting him do it all postseason.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's exactly what he did. Otherwise why bring it up at all and make it some huge issue thats been blown out of proportion. And people wonder why this era is regarded as extremely soft. It should have been over with after the double fouls and everything left on the court when the game ended. You move on to the next. Taking a L while acting like that at the end of the game is just disappointing for a 13 year vet who was at one time the face of the league. You say Team GS seems to cry a lot when in reality it was Lebron doing all the crying to the public media here.

And people are yet again over reacting to some intentional hit towards the nuts. Nobody even saw that happen when this play occurred. Only when social media wanted to try and make it an agenda. People want to act like they would would react in such a different fashion when another guy straddles the back of the head in a nba finals game.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

So in this case, Lebron should take L's like hes done in the past with some class and not all of a sudden become some crybaby.

11. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

LeBitch did the same to Harden I hope he gets blown tf out tonight

12. Icehouse

I see you ignored my point. I'll type it again.

LeBron only made a big deal of this to bring more attention to the groin swipe, to lead to a suspension. He can't get up there and say "hey, please suspend this guy".

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

ok which is exactly why i responded the same way previously. So don't come out and say things like you want to play against the best. All that trash talking, pushing others to get suspended is just a bunch of nonsense.

Either way, hopefully this just all ends tonight. Not much of an NBA finals IMO. The real one was OKC/GS. Clev isn't in their league.

14. Icehouse

Star players have pushed guys to get kicked out of games since the game was started, whether that was via fouling out or getting too many techs, etc. LeBron isn't the first star player to bait a guy and he won't be the last.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

you definitely don't see it much when in regards to a simple altercation with just a bunch of trash talk. Not to mention when you're dealing with the best players in the league.

16. Saado

Saado Member

You guys are totally missing the point. LeBron baited him and he fell for it. End of story. Great tactical move by LeBron.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol @ tactical

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I love Green as a basketball player, for his intensity, passion, heart, amazing motor and defense, but he has noone to blame for getting suspended but himself.

Green was stupid to lash out at Lebron with his arm, especially doing it twice and once at the groin area. He should be aware that he is basically on double probation, with all the technicals and flagrant fouls he has accumulated.

I don't really fault Lebron for trying to walk over Green, its obviously not a nice gesture but it happens all the time in the nba and usually just ends with the guy on the bottom pushing the offender off.

It was strange though to see Lebron mention the name calling and being so offended when Green called him that. I don't think this had much if any impact on Green getting accessed a flagrant, the groin attempt was.

Remember the year when the NBA became super strict with technicals for player reactions to calls? I wouldn't mind a return of that, but instead of prohibiting demonstrative reactions, I'd want it to focus on the constant complaining and whining to the refs.

For example, a player reacts instantly to a call by running away, jumping up and down, holds ball or head in disgust, ok for most part. A player running up to ref to yell, complain and argue - T them up.

19. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Wilbon, Pierce and Rondo having a great chat about the series on sports center. Rare interesting SC discussion.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Don't forget Klay whining about a hard pick. Ow, my leg! That pick was "kinda dirty"!

Then he talks crap about Lebron? Whatever. Like Thompson less and less.

And as most of you know, I'm no Lerbon fan.