1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Would be equally interesting considering Cersei was suppose to marry Loras

Rocket River

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Then the second plan would work. Loras volunteers and ZM is ordered by Cersei to attack the FM during the fight as a great diversion while the Tyrell army launches a surprise rescue attack for both Loras and Cersei, while Loras is in the wide open for rescue, at that point. Loras also gets to showcase his fighting skills, still.

Great TV!! Let's do this!

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, but who does he really answer to? Is it Cersei or is it Qyburn? If it's Qyburn, who's to say that his allegiance doesn't change as Cersei loses power. He's always seemed like someone who is out for himself and at this point, it's probably smarter to back someone other than Cersei because her position has been taking a beating.

4. heypartner

He will fight for Cersei. And if he will fight for Cersei, then Cersei can most likely tell him to attack the FM instead of Loras in that fight. That's my Great Escape Battle #2, whereby Loras is rescued as part of a diversion by ZM.

The only thing she might not be able to do is order him to lose to Loras. That's my Great Escape Battle #1, whereby ZM dies under orders, so Loras is released by the FM for volunteering to fight. Once Loras is safe, the Tyrell's launch the rescue for Cersei.

5. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NkegcHB3YjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't really see it happening though. Tommen and Margaery have thrown in with the church, so it'd be insurrection now to attack the Faith Militant or to defy the findings of the trial by rescuing the loser.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

one the one hand, Margaery being easily converted is out of character

on the other hand, with this show the simplest explanation is usually the right one, and she probably isn't faking her new-found piousness

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Just saw the episode last night. general comments.

- No problem with the Sam/Gilly story line. They are sympathetic characters you root for that haven't had much screen time, and I enjoyed spending a bit more time with them. Only thing I'd complain about would be that CGI castle. That thing was freaking enormous.

- Barely care about the Cersei/Tommen/FM story lines anymore. They're just so slow. I mean, I get it, Cersei is going to "show them"... sometime... maybe. Or not. Who cares?? The only character in that whole city I could care about more is Jaime. But they're completely butchering his storyline. Now he's going to go lead some random army subset to try and take back some random small castle... boring. The only hope is that they get him away and maybe that gets his story exciting again. Moreover, while I really barely care, if I'm going to nitpick, everybody was in on this master plan except Tommen? It's just not believable.

- Bran storyline is interesting.

- Kind of random throw-in of Daenerys at the end. I do like her story line, but it has a bit of that boring-ness to it as well. We get it. She has a dragon that wills how up every 6 episodes or so. And she's good at making Braveheart like speeches. Let's move it along please...

Overall, the weakest episode of the season by far.

9. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Episodes 7-10 titles

7. Broken Man- Confirmed
    8. No One- Confirmed
    9. The Battle of the Bastards - unconfirmed
    10. Winds of Winter- Unconfirmed

10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

very interesting

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much agree with this. This was a setup episode. There is action to resolve and at some point, the next round of reveals have to be given some context so they can make sense. And I suspect that where the show differs from the books, it may take a little more time to re-position characters so they are in the correct places with believable motivation to make the coming conflict/tension work.

I have, at this point, grown weary of Daenerys' speeches.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

It looks like once again, the penultimate episode will be the highlight of the season.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This was a great review.
    The bit about
    the mad king and the wildfire underneath King's landing is too damn coincidental. Would be incredibly ironic if wildfire saved the city AND destroyed it.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Usually when these titles get leaked they're accurate.

Episode 8 naturally makes you wonder about the fate of Arya.

Episode 10 is the title of Book 6, which George RR Martin might never finish. Dude seems to have written himself into another corner........and with another book to go AFTER this one.

I'm not so sure. At least, I don't see this as a "Red Wedding" / "Mhysa" sort of season, or a "Blackwater" / "Let's Talk about Blackwater" kind-of wind-down.

I do know....argh, not really a spoiler, but
    that filming for Season 6 Episode 9 took up to two months.

#1534 ROXTXIA, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Oh lord, that was terrible. Something about the setting looked somehow not real. It was kinda awkward having these barbarian-types just milling about while Dany did her business behind the bushes. The dragon, like the setting, somehow didn't look right. And, the speech didn't seem to do any work in the storytelling (other than that she did it from Drogon's back).

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm really not understanding how Dany tamed her dragon...the very same Dragon that she couldn't get to take her back to the city in the first place so she tried to walk back? Now out of no where she finds it roaming...I don't know dog whistles...and hopes on, easy as 1-2-3?

I usually don't complain about such things (like the travel time) because I know they are doing it for the benefit of TV but I guess they skipped over the whole dragon taming thing.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It would have been cooler if she was on the Dragon and simply said "We will conquer the world together" and flown off...with the men screaming.....

The rest was meh.

DD

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The writing this season seems to be a step below what it had been. That's true of Dany's speech, true of the small council meeting, true of the elder Tyrell woman, and a lot else in this season.

It isn't awful, and the plots are still good, interesting and captivating. But, overall the writing is in a slight slump.

I don't know if that's because they know the plot outline from Martin, but since he hasn't written the book yet, they don't have that as a guide. The way they execute the plot may not be as good as the way Martin would execute it, or even the way they alter and change what Martin had done.

19. heypartner

Drogon couldn't take her back, because he was injured.

As for "taming," it is to be understood that they view her as their mother, and they protect her fiercely. It's really no different than the fierce loyalty and protective instincts of the Dire Wolves. Taming and training isn't necessary when you are discussing natural instincts of animals/creatures. And it is also to be understood that Drogon is the smartest of the three when it comes to taking commands regarding attacking and defending.

For me, it's not too much of a suspension of reality to assume Drogon somewhat knows where she most of the time, like how the Dire Wolves disappeared and reappeared, too.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I will agree about Dany's speeches. I live with them, knowing there'll be more ass-kicking episodes in the future. This was just a "fill-the-gaps" episode, and I'm cool with that. You can't kill a major character every week, try as you might.

Basically the writer and producers were probably like, "Look, this doesn't have a 'Hold the door! Hold the door! Holdoor! Hodor!' moment to it, so what say we use this occasion to show the dragon, all big and cool, at the end? And we better give Dany something to say, otherwise she'll just look all imperious and haughty in her silence, and she did that pretty well already two episodes ago while also showing her B cups."

The speech, I thought, we've heard before to some extent. By now she needs to get her ass back to Meereen, meet up with Yara and Theon (jeez, did they advance his storyline, hunh?) and get the hell back to Westeros.

Btw, I was reminded in that last scene of the book "Lonesome Dove." A scene too complicated for filming never made it to the miniseries (CGI would make it possible now) where a cantankerous mean Texas bull leading the herd decides to stand his ground against a grizzly they run across near Montana. Except the wranglers' horses all freak out and won't come near 100 yards of the grizzly. Hard to apply that logic to a fantasy series where I don't say anything about a dragon (who looked real enough; some of ya'll are picky as hell), but the horses were awfully tame when facing Drogon. So were the Dothraki, for that matter, but they'd probably already seen him flying hither and yon anyway.