1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So a rumor I heard is that Vince is over Roman Reigns, but HHH is the one still pushing him. Vince wants to bring up Finn and Nakamura.

1 person likes this.
  2. VanityHalfBlack

I'm sorry but Reigns and Uso are growing on me. I like them being a blood in blood out type family feuding with AJ/Gallows/Anderson. This doesn't even have to be the main event, which is the problem. This could be a mid card and it still be awesome. WWE has the power to make their roster the stackest it's ever been. They are learning how to book now, I hope. As much as we complain about the booking, I do believe it's getting better in 2016. Roman still sucks I know. and Cena ;) I'm kidding, you can't see me!

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Was Dana hurt in NXT? I never saw her wrestle and thought she was mainly Emma's valet, saving up for her apparent boob job. Emma's fine but still moves awkwardly in the ring to me.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

All/most of the stories are in a good place and creating good matches out of them. Maryse isn't getting mic time so Miz being champ is a waste of screen time. Owens could play the chicken heel but it is funny seeing Owens and Miz throw each other in front of danger. Even at the bottom end I'm into this Golden Truth will-they won't they romcom.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, who doesn't like some fun 6-man tag action? Maybe Roman is not super interesting in a singles match but is a good anchor for a 3-man team.

6. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

The same role he had when he was part of the Shield --- the hot tag. This just proves that Roman is not a good singles performer, but better in a tag situation.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I've been critical of Reigns but his match at payback with AJ was about as good as he can get... That was a 4 and 1/2 star match for me.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I think that probably sold AJ as a deserving champ to Vince and the booking group. I wouldn't be surprised if Styles walked out as champ at Extreme Rules, with the official heel turn. There could be some kind of a swerve though.

Finish up Styles & Reigns then Rollins/Styles at SS

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think Reigns is gonna go to the tag division, given that the tag teams are deemed to be of a lower status. But it is good for him to at least have a faction, like he does now with his cousins and he did with the Shield. This way, you mix up the format of the matches as well as the story lines and keep the action and the plot fresh.

I think Reigns is more popular than most "internet fans" give him credit for.

10. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Oh man, AJ vs. Seth would be... ok, I'll say it... PHENOMENAL!

Someone's got to turn heel soon. By my count, there are currently two top heels: Owens and Jericho & Jericho won't stick around forever. Contrast that with top faces of Reigns, Styles, Ambrose, kinda-sorta Zayn, and soon to be Cena. Plus they were starting to tease a Bray face turn before his injury. Unless Rollins is coming back sooner than expected to be a top heel, someone is going to have to turn.

11. VanityHalfBlack

That makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until after Mania to bring out Nakamura and Finn Balor aka Prince Devitt.

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Rollins, Cena, Orton and Wyatt all supposed to be back within the next 30 days according to what Vince told the Shareholders... As J.R. used to say business is about to pick up.

Also they advertised a house show in Hawaii I think that features not only Brock Vs KO but also features Nakamura vs Cena!!! I mean cena vs Nakamara is worth the price of admission alone! also makes you wonder how long before Nakamara gets called up. He is definitely ready.

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Nakamura vs Bray is scheduled for the WWE live events July 1st & 2nd in Japan

14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I hope they make that a Network special than a regular house show. I would like to see Nakamura beat Cena. But, as a face-vs-face match, that should be a one-off match (unlike "Twice in a Lifetime") until Nakamura gets the call-up to the main roster. I believe another big match to take place in Hawaii is a champion vs champion match with Charlotte vs Asuka.

If WWE had their first live "Network Special" in Japan, surely they can have one in Hawaii.

15. VanityHalfBlack

16. VanityHalfBlack

My podcast friend was at the ROH/NJPW show last night in NY and he got hustled an extra 10 bucks to take this photo with Tanahashi,hahahahah

[​IMG]

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

^which one is your podcast friend?

18. VanityHalfBlack

The fat Italian nerd on the left. Virtual pros, and kissing contest are the podcast he does out of his basement. I know he's reading this.

1 person likes this.
  19. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

So awesome for AJ to finally hit the Clash on Roman.

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm impressed how they've built up this feud with AJ and Roman. If wel invested to watch it now and feels like they have actual animosity towards each other instead of just going through the motions