1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Wilbon spits hot fire about Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Apr 16, 2016.

1. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I couldn't have said this better myself. Harden is not the foundation a organization should build around.

2. houtown

houtown Member

So who should this organization build upon at the moment?

People act like talents like Harden come along easy, and when they do come along, guess what, they are and to manage and have faults in their character. The Rockets possibly need to just make it work, either through hiring a coach that can help the team or through management in the organization.

Do you not think Kobe had no faults, of course he did, It took a great coach like Phil Jackson to help guide him to being a championship player on the court. Kobe on his own has not had that success on the court.

1 person likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

This. We are going to try our hardest to make it work with James Harden.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

"My husband beats me but I don't think I could find someone better"

5. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I love Howard as a person but man... is it so hard to ask for a max player to make FREE THROWS?! smdh.

If Howard could hit free throws he be unstoppable.

6. dmoneybangbang

That's just incredibly dumb. A professional sports franchise isn't run like a marriage and/or relationship. Like those folks who want the government to be run like a household budget, the real world doesn't fit into those type of analogies.

So are you willing to go through half a decade of what the Suns went through in the post-Nash era? Possibly even more?

1 person likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Turnovers aren't correlated with winning
    The turnover stats are wrong
    An increase in turnovers of 15% isn't much
    Hardens turnovers don't lead to transition buckets
    Harden stats are down because of Corey Brewer or something
    Harden hasn't gained weight
    If you don't count the first month of the season and March and a few other games then Harden had a good shooting year
    The only problem is rebounding at PF
    Harden doesn't pass it to guys who are already guarded

Any others?

In a sense he's right though. We have experienced a decline in talent, notably at SG where we went from having an MVP talent last year to have a bubble All-Star level talent there

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

A player who averaged 29 points, 6 rebounds, and 7.5 assists for the year is a "bubble all-star"?

Of course, stats don't tell the whole story, but since the majority of your post is about turnovers, it is only fair to look at the whole statistical picture.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The fact that most professional journalists don't put him in any of the three All-NBA teams shows how meaningless his stats are. His stats are PURELY a product of high volume and one of the absolute ****tiest offensive systems in NBA history that only cares about Harden with the ball in his hands.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Or it tells you about the national media agenda against Harden.

The crappy offensive system you speak of was top 10 in the league in offensive efficiency. The team sucked this year because the defense fell off hard because of DMo's absence and Dwight's athletic breakdown.

1 person likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Again deflect any blame off Harden.

What came first, Harden's unaestheticly pleasing game, or the media's 'agenda' against' him.

My point is what motive does the media have in having an 'agenda' against Harden?

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Complain about our bad record, but who the f cares about aesthetics?!?!?!?

1 person likes this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Obviously the NBA since they told the refs yesterday to invite Harden's antics.

14. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I care about NBA officiating but not aesthetics for aesthetics' sake. I care about my team winning the game. You care about aesthetics - go follow figure skating. That should be pretty enough for you.

15. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

It's the Philly game!

just painful to watch

16. dmoneybangbang

The narrative changed from last season when he should have been MVP putting up similar stats and playing decent season. I get the "what have you done for me now" mentality, but Harden is a super star that gets overshadowed due to our overall teams regression.

Time to see what version of harden we get next season.

17. LIT123

LIT123 Member
    Supporting Member

QUOTE=fchowd0311;10431964]The fact that most professional journalists don't put him in any of the three All-NBA teams shows how meaningless his stats are. His stats are PURELY a product of high volume and one of the absolute ****tiest offensive systems in NBA history that only cares about Harden with the ball in his hands.[/QUOTE]

These the same professional journalists who a few years back voted a guy dpoy who the coaches had third at his position when they voted for their all defensive team? What ones have been released? The only one I have seen had him third team with the other 5 guards all point guards. Your two young power forwards health issues was a major problem for your team. PG is still
    a problem, who actually thought a drunk was the answer? Chemistry problems were big in lockerroom(I know-duhh) but DM the GM clearly has problems relating to his coaches with his passive aggresive undermining act. Why else give him the Milk-Hair tag knowing fans always rip on coaches. Check out what is said about Pop on Spurs-Talk sometime. You guys will have difficulties getting a coach who has options elsewhere, but you likely will have someone new next year. Just a random heat fan's view is
    don't toss everything out and hope for a couple wins. Unfortunately for
    the heat and gs margin of victory doesn't carry over and you guys were great in close games cause Hardin is good at getting points. Don't throw everything away in frustration over bad year. DM is great in second round and
    undrafted support players and just get two good starters at least in FA, superstars not maybe needed.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So nothing that has occurred this season is related to Harden?

I think he has some major flaws that negatively impacting the team, despite the fact that he's the most valuable player on the roster.

19. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

You mean coming in overweight and running a coach killing attitude while being on the same leadership plateau as Carmelo Anthony is a bad thing? But he averaged 29 points, 6 Rebs and so many assists duuuuuuude. Just like MJ, right? :rolleyes:

People can't seem to separate the fact he's the most gifted offensive player on the team with the obvious fact he's regressed in almost every meaningful basketball way this year. Stat whores are always gonna ride his coattail, which is likely why Murphy likes him so much.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I love how delusional some people are when they use the end of year popularity contests that are all-star/all-nba teams to strengthen their argument.

Wish they would just say they hate Hardens game without trying to diminish it. Doesnt leave room for meaningful debate because that statement is idiotic AF.

Enjoy the circle jerk, dont forget the wipey's .