1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conquistador#11

maybe a three team trade, love to minny, dwight to cleveland, and wiggins to houston. =/ womp womp

2. Milos

Milos Member

Charlotte???
    They just reupped big-time with Al Jefferson, no?
    How can they re-sign Dwight, then play those 2 on the court together next 3-4 years?
    And if Dwight leaves, why would they give us their MVP (Batum) for a rental just to miss POs or go 1-and-done?

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I bet you Morey could get Smart too. Dwight won't leave Boston if he is traded there, that is a perfect situation for him.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Like Clutch just said. Its just amazing in the NBA how you can be a contender one moment and then bam... party's over.

The good news is, I think the Rockets can repair the team moving forward with Harden and retool quickly. Harden has really picked his game up as of late, and still looks to be down to be the franchise leader through thick and thin. Say what you want about Harden, but alot of star players would be asking for a trade at this point.

However never getting Howard to gel with Harden on the court, and likely losing him for nothing (if they do deal him which seems likely now) is a real shame.

Then there is the Lawson situation which OMG.... has there been a worse trade??? Don't answer that.. I know there has been, but as of late I can't think of too many worse disappointments.

What a cluster F. When it rains it pours in the NBA.

6. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

He at least provides some paint presence. Mark my words it is going to be straight open season if he is traded.

7. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Breaking News:

Houston has started contacting D-league teams about trading Patrick Beverley, Corey Brewer, and Terrence Jones.

Houston has also started contacting CBA teams about trading Josh Smith and Ty Lawson.

1 person likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

File that under least surprising move/move seen coming a mile away. :p

Could see it happening as well.

Missed on Jordan
    Zaza is a free agent
    While it was reported they have no interest in giving him a max deal, they'd probably give him a "good enough" deal.

9. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Trade one of our defensive plus numbers guy... Here comes the worst defensive team in the association.

I get it he left LA without getting the extra $$ so he'll leave us to. We are just in a no win situation because of this team's lack of effort in the offseason and then snowballing into preseason to only grow even worse during the 82 game run. Harden has lost half the fans already with this years defense.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not really a bad trade, since we gave up next to nothing to get Ty (and actually got back some cash to boot), but it has definitely been a massive disappointment.

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I hate the fact that Harden is untradeable for the Rockets.

I hate that lazy piece of ****

Blow it up for somebody who actually cares!!

1 person likes this.
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Dragic and Whiteside?? Not sure Miami would do that though....

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This... Harden needs a second scorer badly. It's sad that Lillard already has that and Portland just began rebuilding.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

A guy that has been in the league for over a decade who has never really worked to improve his game in any way and continues to be immature on the court does not "deserve" a ring

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Calm down, internet tough guy. It's just a game.

16. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

Avery Bradley?

17. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Charlotte is playing great now, and Batum is a key part of their success. Not sure how this makes sense for Charlotte.

18. malakas

malakas Member

OMG LOL sorry nick. Don't know what happened.:eek: Here

I don't think that a team would trade for Dwight for a rental. Since Morrey according to Woj is working now with Fegan the taem Dwight is traded to will be one of his choices to resign with. And let's hope that he is not so selective about his choices.

No. Al Jef is expiring and Charlotte wants to get rid of him. He will be the salary filler.

Er? Because if Dwight is traded there it would be with his consent and commit to resign?
    After all Batum is also going to get 25 per. And he is not exactly a star.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

A couple of weeks ago: Dwight is a "happy" Rocket.

All I've heard, once again, after last night's meeting is that the Rockets would explore deals if Dwight wanted out. I asked one Ear and he said Dwight told his team that he's basically indifferent at this point. Maybe that's a green light for Morey.

Cyber probably has more reach into this.

The deals I've heard about exclude Dwight, but they're still ongoing. And yes, I'm hesitant to mention names after messing up the careers of Jack and Noah. I barely escaped hurting JSmoov. :)

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yesterday, Matt Bullard was on Charlie's show and answering a question about the decision by POR to draft Oden instead of KD. Of course, in hindsight, that decision looks ridiculous, but even if healthy, Bullard said in today's basketball, its way better to have a perimeter player than a post player.

Fast forward to today... trading Howard for a perimeter player? And... you think Bull was preparing us for today???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.