1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Dwight and Ariza are the best trade assets we have.

Dwight seems like a perfect fit for the Celtics. Boston has the pieces we would want, but they don't have to break up their core to get him.

Something like:

Dwight, Josh Smith, Beverley, Terry

for

Lee, Johnson, Smart, one other prospect and Dallas' 1st

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I bet Morey does a Morris Chandler trade for Dwight trade with the suns.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Horford has lived his whole carreer in Atlanta and is a low key person who only once asked for a trade. Comparing him with Dwight is night and day.
    Dwight is much unreliable due to his history.

But both before getting traded will commit. No doubt about it.
    I just don't think that Horford will only demand big market teams which I'm afraid Dwight will.

4. CertifiedTroll

Exactly!! They could have traded him and actually got something in return. If we held him and he walked.. Those would be some dark days.

5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Boston has a lot of competent perimeter defenders. The ones that can keep their man in front of them more than once a game, which is something the Houston rotation lacks. Jae Crowder would be ideal, but the fact that Dwight can opt out screws everything up.

6. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Teams are about to run lay up drills on us.

7. CertifiedTroll

If that happens, I would like a non guar on Morris and to get Brandon Knight.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What else is new?

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Even though I'm a bit mad at his philosphy and coaching choices I do however have complete faith ability in Morey's ability to pull off a crazy trade in our favor. We likely aren't the only teams trying to sell low. There are a lot of disappointed teams this season.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

but the rockets play better without him they said

11. rocketshopeful

my bet is that he end up in Dallas with Chandler Parsons eventually (if not by trade deadline then as FA signing).

thats going to be really annoying .

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This whole situation is a hot mess. We will be selling low, real low on Dwight.

Dwight loved H-Town and continues to be a consummate professional on and off the court. He has done so much for the Houston community and he truly embraces this city and it's people.

If he is traded, I hope he rings at his new team. Dude deserves a ring.

13. Nook

Nook Member

This.

The fact that the Rockets are working with Howard's agent tells me that he isn't going to resign with the Rockets and the Rockets are not going to be getting very much for him.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If I were a GM, I'd be asking about Patrick Beverly</p>&mdash; Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/697868697780690944">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA">@WojVerticalNBA</a> reporting Rockets have looked into dealing Dwight Howard, would have to take back nearly $24 million and ....</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/697869215349346304">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets would also have to find a team with trade assets needed also willing to make move with Howard almost certain to be a free agent.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/697869525958545409">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If they are looking, however, it could be a clear signal that they expect Howard to walk as a free agent if they keep him.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/697869719316013056">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote>

Cavs are reportedly interested in Ariza but says it's unlikely.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/02/sacramento_kings_ben_mclemore_1.html

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Lmao..they're not blowing it up..just wont pay Dwight

16. malakas

malakas Member

If not rebuilding teams are his only criterion (along with $) then that would be GREAT.
    The problem is if he also wants big markets.

I would prefer that Morrey doesn't trade with Ainge because Ainge is not going to succumb to any losing deal. And because both are so hard negoatiators in the end may nothing happen and we left with Dwight leaving.

I prefer Charlotte. If Dwight wants it.
    Get Batum. Throw them also Jones and Harell if need be.
    We can sign a center in offseason no problem.

17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We are not dealing with Dan Feagan. He screwed us with Parsons he won't hesitate to do it again.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What? I didn't mention Horford at all. Replied to wrong post?

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

This actually really bums me out...

Dwight is not the problem, but yes i guess we could get valuable pieces back. Defense, turnovers, offensive PLAYMAKING,and self-motivation are our major issues.

Plus having TJ be such an inconsistent failure, and DMo be out pretty much all season. For whatever reason TLaw hasn't worked out, JSmith is kind've a "who knows?" piece, but yes we're going to get rid of our best consistent piece from last year's playoffs...Dwight Howard. Until the GS game, i probably would've rather traded Harden (kidding...sort've), but now he looks different somehow.

We need a coaching change. I know Dwight's FTs suck and he's a liability in those moments, but no more a liability than other components of the offense that cannot score over 10minutes of game time and allow HUGE game swings because they aren't motivated or defend while they can't score. This team is infuriating...all the 13pt...17pt....wtvr quarters, followed by a 40pt quarter? well too bad you got down 20 and now you're just TIED. How about you take control of a game sometime and keep the pace dammit!

Howard is not the problem, and I'll be sad if he goes. It doesn't even matter, because we're not going to see a championship anyways as long as the Warriors are healthy in this era. Sadly, I don't think anyone will stop them anytime soon. They're in a different league, as much as it pains me to say that.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha, they should!

Listen on all these guys. Why not?

It's a broken group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.