1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Carr Fan Page

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IROC it, Sep 4, 2003.

1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

#1 IROC it, Sep 4, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2003
  2. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I know I love it when I get all my religious preachings and David Carr factoids in one website.

How is he a hero?

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When people do things like use deception to "trojan horse" their proselytism it does nothing but generate more antapathy among those who can't sympathise with abortion bomber Paul Hill. And yes, I do have a bible and yes I do read it regularly, but right now you've done nothing but reduce my respect for the general Christian community.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I went to a meeting once where David Carr spoke a great deal about his faith. Seems like a pretty genuine person. I can think of worse people for children to look up to.

He's currently my favorite professional athlete by the way. I freaking love the guy.

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Advertising websites is not looked upon with much favor here.

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I like David Carr and think he will be a great QB for our team, but a "hero"...

I even have his Jersey that I'll where to games, but I think its too early for the hero stuff...

I went to Fedex field to see the Texans play and we stayed at the team hotel...A girl I just met said Carr was a a-hole because he wouldn't acknowledge her or didn't want to sign a football...I wasn't there, so I have to take her and her dad's word...

A hero is someone like GW, or our soldiers fighting the war...

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Take it to the D&D forum.

Thanks

8. IROC it

BTW- All the links work now, and there are several pages...

And no, although it shouldn't matter that DAVID CARR IS, it's not just a site about his, or any other's, Christianity. There are several photos from college and the pros, and current commentary on the game... I will update at least his stats and pics as much as possible this season.

The site was never meant to be a "trojan horse" at all. And just because my views are eerily similar to Carr's, is actually NOT why I chose to do a site about him.

I was known as "Oiler Man" at both my junior college, and the university I attended... and I'm just extremely thrilled we have a winner of a program going at Houston in the NFL now.

I used to not think too highly of Bud's dealings, but I loved the Oilers as a team, as in on the field. And my favorites were Earl, Bethea, Warren, and Childress... and I had no knowledge, nor did most of us, back then of HTML, much less internet, as they were gone from Houston around the time it was becoming a cost effective medium for fans to show support...

So, now I have this outlet. And yes I'm a Christian. If you'd like to debate it as to it's value or lack thereof, I suggest the D & D forum as did Castor27. But I doubt I'll join the discussion over there.;)

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

His autoghaphed jersey is being put into a shadow box as we speak.

I would say another 325.00 well spent. Although, it probably wouldn't hurt for me to start learning how to build those damn things. Oh well, I can't wait to see it on my wall.

Go Carr!!

10. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Is it just me or does Carr look like Toro in this picture???

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So if I were to post a link to my new Jeffery Jones fan page in one of the other forums and it actually turned out to be a pro-pederasty fansite you would "take it to the D&D forum?"

I see a link to a page about Carr, and see a hastily done one page site that almost exclusively deals with Carr's religious beliefs. I felt like I'd been decieved. If it were a site about Carr's Christianity, I'd have no problem with that. I'd just expect that you state that going in.

Imagine this scenario:

You are a car dealer. You have what is clearly the best car on the market, but nobody likes the way it looks. Do you really benefit the cause of your car if you fudge the truth in order to come around an see what a good car it really is?

12. xlr817

xlr817 Member

My younger brother & his pal were also there & he said Carr totally ignored both of them & didn't even say anything 2 them. However, J. Sharper & I think he said K. Wong were super cool, & so were alot of the other players! He said he had a blast being there & seeing the Texans!

13. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

14. IROC it

Done.