1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. nobie

nobie Member

I just want to say something about his TO, first he makes pass to Dwight in traffic, it gets knocked out basically out of Dwights hands, next TO he tries to post up, gets his ball knocked out and stolen, third TO Harden passes him the ball, to hard pass loses the ball, 4 TO, DMo behind the back pass to Thorton, seems like good pass Thorton losses the ball.
    What i want to say with this, realistically DMo did only 2 TO's, first when he passes the ball to Dwight in traffic and second when he tried to post up, Harden just wasnt accurate and to hard, and Thorton just fumbled the ball himself.

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

I thought third turnover was when he tried to make touch-pass to Dwight :)

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

DMo with his Christmas sweater!

I remember when Battier was with us, he would wear the funniest ones.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

DMo is now shooting 50% on three pointers, best on the team. TJones is second at 40%. Morey is so happy that his stretch forwards are the best three point shooters on the team.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I honestly believe TJones 3 pt shooting is unsustainable. His form is too slow. He's just not a naturally good shooter. He's just on a hot streak.

#4425 fchowd0311, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

MOF?

Sounds very much like the excuses of LOFs

Let's not go there. Very happy to have DMo back

7. OpenLayup-Why3?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Four turnovers last night, but D-Mo starting to remind what he can do for HOU w/ his post game and interior passing. Key player.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/676042846089166848">December 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

Jones himself knows he's not a good shooter. He usually doesn't take open 3s, or hesitate a lot before taking em. Of course it's a hot streak he's having, longer than you'd expect though. Good for Rockets of course, but expect it to drop back to low 30s sooner or later.

9. Drogba

Drogba Member

Both are averaging less than 2 attempts per game. Hardly stretch fours.

10. kaunomanas

kaunomanas Member

11. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Or maybe he has just gotten better at hitting the really open ones. Not something you can build an offense on but can contribute an extra point per game to the team offense. It all adds up.

12. nobie

nobie Member

Exactly last season DMo improved his 3pt shot overtime, you could see that his arc was getting bigger always, he only shot the really wide open ones, then after allstar break he started shooting at 45%, even hit few hard ones. And you can see now his shot looks even tighter, at least it seemed like that, i expect Jones to have similar development, he will continue get better at his shot, release it faster, with tighter stroke.

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

you have tjones coming off the bench and all of a sudden his value changes for the better with DMO back in the lineup in my opinion. Time will tell...obviously a trading piece if we can replace him with someone better but I can live with jones coming off the bench if the Rox plan on starting DMO once he's back at 100%

14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

And one was a blown layup by Thornton.

15. ibm

ibm Member

qft.

tj had potentials. i think his injury has dampened it quite a bit. i really really REALLY hope it wont be the case for dmo. bball god, please say it aint so...

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dmo relies less on athleticism and more on his skill set so injuries theoretically should affect Dmo's game less than TJones.

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

How the hell home crew gave DMo turnover there? Brewer had the ball in his hands already and lost it.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I never understand how they determine turnovers.

Dmo got a turnover when Harden cut him a heater from 3 feet away and it went whizzing by him,,,,, meanwhile DMo gets the turnover when he puts a perfectly placed ball to Thornton on the cut who bobbled it.

No consistency at all in that.

DD

19. nobie

nobie Member

exactly what i wrote. realistically DMo only made 2 TO's. It doesnt really matter though, since im pretty sure coaches already analyzed those plays.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yup. We don't need DMo or TJ to be marksmen behind the line. They just need to be able to knock down those wiiiiiiiiiiiiide open 3s to make opposing defenses pay when they cheat -- which they've both shown they can do at this point. KJ needs to be next.