1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans release Mike Quinn

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Faos, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I just heard Capers on 610 say the Mike Quinn was cut today along with 9 other players. Quinn was one of the original Texans signed, obviously beaten out by Dave Ragone. I'm sure his contract probably had a lot to do with it as well.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

SuperLumberjackMan is gone???

damn that Chance...first Darryl Ward...now Mike Quinn! who's next??? aaron glenn?? steve mckinney?? steve and/or cat??

3. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

That is the biggest hunk of flaming **** I have ever seen. The curse of me. It actually started with Air Bull. Then Lima Time. Then DiDub. Why couldn't I have done a friggin Boselli song a year ago?

In all actuality I am honored to say that I have become friends with SLJ Man since the song and I am saddened by the loss. Ragone did not outplay Quinn. He simply underaged him. I will find out what the future holds for my fellow Jack and let everyone know. Dudes a stud. He's a weeble wobble. He'll land upright.

Double Damn.

#3 Chance, Aug 25, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2003
  4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Chance,

can you make a song about Biggio? :p

5. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

DISCLAIMER: I am not a songwriter, and probably never will be.

Craig, I beg you to start hitting.
    Craig, your legs are slowing down.
    You haven't been good the past 3 seasons,
    you're lucky you haven't been kicked out of town.

There's a verse.

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

It looked like Quinn would be the odd man out once Ragone was signed...

I suspect that Ragone will be trade bait at some point, along with Henson...

7. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I really liked Mike Quinn's game. Good QB, smart, didn't try to do too many things he wasn't capable of. I thought he would stay with the club until at least the end of this year. With the signing of Tony Banks last year, I thought our QB situation would be set for awhile (and even if it's not, why take Ragone over Dorsey?!) I guess this year's draft was baffling for me. We drafted 2 TE, 2 QB, and didn't really address the issue of the OL. I'm sad to see him go, and I blame the Texans for it!:mad:

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The drafting of Dave Ragone so high is questionable since it was not a need position. That sealed Quinn's fate. A 3rd rounder or an undrafted free agent, who are you going to keep? Ragone has trade potential. I haven't watched much of the preseason, but I doubt Ragone beat out Quinn.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Because Ragone has a good arm....Dorsey doesn't have an arm.

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

ugh. do you realize dorsey was the 241st player selected from a pool of 262? he was a great college QB... but so was danny wuerfel.

we drafted one TE and a LT.