1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Planned Parenthood Director caught on tape selling aborted baby parts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Jul 14, 2015.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

No they are not. Someone has to provide for them. Teens may be stretching it a bit... At least when they are in your womb, your hands are free to do other stuff.

2. giddyup

The discussion is about whether or not abortion should be legal not about whether or not it is legal. You are not allowed to limit the strategy by pre-supposing the conclusion. Submarine... really?

3. giddyup

I guess I should thank you for doing all that work that proved my claim. We didn't have a substantial back and forth about twin studies.

4. giddyup

Why not make the taking of every life a choice-event. It is indeed a tough choice and those that make it will anguish over it. In fact, they'll never do it again.

Name one other area of life where my need to "control women" is evidenced? You can't. This is about babies. It's not about male/ female. It's about the young lives that are lost.

Do you just make **** up?

I'm standing still on this one. You guys are the ones running in circles...

5. giddyup

Please state in straightforward terms how liberal abortion laws result in fewer abortions.

6. mclawson

mclawson Member

Oh, giddy, you're either completely delusional or intentionally obtuse. I can't decide which, and I suppose and it very well could be a mixture of both. That entire exchange was about twin studies and then how those twins studies are a false equivalency with respect to fetuses. Any sane person with a modicum of reading comprehension can see and understand that.

Sadly that seems hard for you.

Let's look at another example of how you struggle with this sort of thing, shall we? This exchange was in a series of quoted replies, completely in context, for the record.

You said in post 524, "How old are you? You act like an impertinent young person."

I replied in post 558, "I'm in my 40s, thanks for asking!"

In post 569 You said, "Thank you for proving my suspicions."

Now, unless you consider 40's to be "young" in some way (and I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find many that agree with that), you don't really get what happened in this very short exchange. I know there were other big words involved that might have confused you, but those snippets should have been pretty easy to follow. It does make sense though, if you struggled with that small exchange then of course you'd struggle with a longer one. I truly feel sorry for you. :(

7. giddyup

Yawn.

I mentioned "twin studies" because it would be a recognizable analog. The connection I was relying upon was the second-class status they were afforded by the monsters who studied them-- much like "fetuses" are accorded second-class status by those who trumpet a mother's right to choose.

That was the beginning and end of my use. What you took it to be or whatever else you did with it is your problem. You can't make it mine.

My comment about proving "my suspicions" had nothing, absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, zero to do with your age. It was completely about your attitude. It's not that big a deal if you didn't catch my meaning because my comment was nuanced, but for you to have the audacity to assign that meaning for me with all your misguided self-certainty and then to want to continue to jump up and down all over it when your were just plain WRONG in the first place is pathetic.

Thank you for proving my suspicions... again! :)

8. mclawson

mclawson Member

Oh giddy bless your heart again. If age had nothing at all to do with age, then why lead with that as your question? You can't seem to form a coherent argument. You can't simply dismiss that part because it suits you now. I'm truly concerned for you.

As for the rest of the conversation, you asked why I said it was a false equivalency and things went from there. Again, you can't write off a whole part of the discussion because you don't like it. That's not how adults discuss things and it's a dishonest and disingenuous method of "argument" but you know that. It's the only way you can "win" in your mind. Just like I'm sure you'll reply to this post with the same pitiful tactics and facile arguments and tactics. It's so sad. I'm also sure you'll reply because you can't seem to function without getting the last word in. Are you that way with your poor wife and kids? I'm sad for them as well if that's the case. Hopefully it's just your online persona, but I sadly doubt it. :(

9. giddyup

I said thank you for proving my suspicion. You assumed I did not understand, what, your answer was about your age. How could that be?

I was never talking about age when I said "Thank you...." yet you keep bringing it up. But just keep slinging those empty accusations in desperation. Pretty soon even you might believe it.

10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Societies that focus on empowering women and which have data-driven views tend to have liberal abortions laws because that is a natural extension to respecting women to the fullest and looking at the numbers--recognizing women can make choices for themselves and providing the best context for that individually and societally. Funny enough, those societies tend to have lower abortion rates than those societies that can only claim they "support" motherhood and women, and which operate on vague feelings.

Instead of claiming to value motherhood--these societies value it in the fullest sense of the word, morally, economically, and ethically by crediting policies that lead to healthy families over irrational "moral punishment".

Instead of looking to punish women, they look to empower motherhood by creating the conditions under which it can thrive.

Instead of aimlessly looking to jail women with no data, these societies build better foundations for motherhood with women who are more economically and socially empowered.

You could argue the converse--what about throwing women in jail will reduce abortion rates? If you think drug use can be "prevented by jailtime" (a theory already partly undone by comparing drug usage rates in America vs Portugal), then you don't respect the data very well. And if you don't think drug use can be prevented by jail and a frown, what makes you think a life desicion like an abortion can be affected by your moralizing and sadistic punishments?

#670 Northside Storm, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

If "mandatory education" didn't involve peddling paternistic shame on women seeking abortions and was entirely focused on the medical issue then this would be a discussion. Unfortunately, every law so far has been constructed to tell women what they already know: they're pregnant, which in a society like America means that you have to carry to term for the morality of others. here's your reminder!

If background checks were about shaming gun owners and telling them they were terrible people for seeking a gun that'd be the equivalent. Every time you try to get a gun, somebody should show you a picture of gunshot victims and--you'd be close to what sonogram laws are currently designed to do.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Giddy how do you handle the real possibility that women you have card about and loved possibly killed an unborn child? Statistically it is very possible your wife or mother had an abortion and have decided to hide it from you. Doesnt that crush your soul?

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Dude, do you understand what the terms "planned parenthood" mean in simple terms? Access to reproductive and gynecological information and birth control has significantly decreased the number of abortions necessary.

Do away with access to these services and you will have problems not seen since before...um...duh...they were available.

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'm more concerned if he has daughters.

15. False

False Member

I've always wondered how the right to lifers feel about miscarriage and how they reconcile it with their black/white views on abortion.

If you believe that life begins at conception and you believe that aborting a fetus at any stage is murder, then a woman who gets pregnant knowing she has any risk factors for miscarriage should face the criminal justice system. At this point, we know that certain factors such as being over 35 years old, and having a history of prior miscarriages means you have a substantially higher chance to miscarry. If you have these risk factors and you do get pregnant we known that there is a higher than average likelihood that a child will die - that's child endangerment. If you actually miscarry that is manslaughter.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup - you basically have found another major fallacy in their whole self-righteous view.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Never understood how many people who are anti-gun are also pro-abortion. And how many people that are pro-gun are also anti-abortion.

I'm anti-abortion and anti-gun. Are there ever any candidates that think like me?

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are you implying that pro choice individuals don't value human lives? I could make an argument they value them more. A 16 year old pregnant girl has 16 years of experience, 16 years of emotions of love, desires, goals, etc. An embryo doesn't. Thus, someone who is pro choice, will value the life of the 16 year old over the embryo if the embryo is somehow detrimental to the 16 year old.

19. giddyup

In my life I have married a woman who had an abortion and I knew about it before the marriage... before the marriage "proposal." It was not my child. It was years in the past before we met.

That is one reason I know how destructive abortions are. I've lived with it before. It's not just a concept to me. I'm not just some man intruding on women's right to choose for no good reason. I've lived with the aftermath.

20. giddyup

Neither you not he have answered my question.

I'm all for EVERYTHING that PP does short of promoting and facilitating abortion on demand.