1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zion Williamson

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Deuce, Jul 31, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

the game against kentucky actually showed he is more than just some dunker and that was against a team with the #2 rated recruits behind duke. he made everyone that tried to guard him look silly. more than a willing passer, can handle the ball, and showed some semblance of an outside shot, finish around the basket other than a dunk. but it doesn't sound like you watched that game.

#81 YOLO, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Caesar likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

this. he has a rare combination. definitely above the level of college players atm and in this era of the league, he will absolutely fit.

BigggReddd likes this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Member

If Anthony Mason had LeBron James like hops and explosion with Grandmama swagger.
    [​IMG]

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Did you see the pass to Barrett on the break? Or his footwork on the step back jumper he hit? Or the strength/ and ability to finish at the basket with either hand off the dribble? Its a helluva lot more than dunking my friend.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Answer me this: Did you even watch him against Kentucky? The game itself, not just a few highlights. He demonstrated plenty of skill, especially when you consider it was his first game as a freshman.

I was very skeptical about Zion Williamson's NBA prospects prior to the Kentucky game. Now, it is obvious his upside is crazy. Depends how dedicated he is.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

RJ Barrett is my favorite player in college basketball...I love how skilled he is

I wouldn’t mind seeing him get drafted by the Knicks

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OK good people. Just got home and missed the Army game. Viewed the box score. Can someone give a summary of how each guy looked?

Some questions in particular:

Is Zion a dominant rebounder (16)? Did he show good rebounding instincts?
    Did Cam look like a deadeye 3-point shooter? Did he hit some that were contested?
    What "skills" did Zion show on offense? Did he demonstrate pretty much everything like against Kentucky or was the 11/14 mostly dunks?

8. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Zion is the best player on Duke. Idc what nobody else says. Theres not much difference between RJ and prime JR Smith if you ask me. Cam is a streaky sharpshooter if that makes sense. But Zion is a BEAST.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you actually believe RJ is like JR Smith, I'll take your other comments with a grain of salt.;)

How did Zion score his points? How many posts ups? How many jumpers? How many difficult finishes at the rim (non-dunks)?

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I saw his highlights on Youtube. Zion looks like a combination of Charles Barkley and LeBron.

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

Monster worth tanking for

BigggReddd likes this.
  12. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

KingCheetah likes this.
  13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Just give him a max contract already. The guy is just a beast. Didn't think I would see another Lebron type athlete while Lebron was still playing

BigggReddd and roslolian like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

ridiculous man. what are they feeding that guy

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Zion is a once in a generation type athlete. Unless something goes wrong he is guaranteed to be a star in the nba.

BigggReddd likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron Jr coming into the league while Lebron is still playing lol. Now it all depends on his work ethic and desire for greatness.

17. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Look out!

KingCheetah likes this.
  18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

you are BLIND if you think this kid is going to be anything other than a Top 5 talent in the league. He's the next torch-bearer.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Looked like leaner, shorter and younger Shaquille taking flight.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he is younger than Shaq. It would be funny If he was leaner, shorter and older... :D